So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Save big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineJeep Restorations, Mild to Wild! CCOR

Unread 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #76
jondotcom
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
So you want a Tummy Tuck
Skyjacker does indeed make a skid for later year (through '06) TJ/LJ as well. Cheers.

Last edited by jondotcom; 01-08-2010 at 08:30 AM..
jondotcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:10 PM   #77
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jondotcom View Post
Couple issues I noticed right off the bat. You make a reference to the unlimited but then apply sweeping statements that apply to the TJ only and not the LJ, like lift height and driveshact correction (sye, double card-joint, etc). It applies to the LJ but at a greater height. Rear shock mount extensions? Also not needed at that lift height on an LJ because you dont have the same steep driveshaft angle. Also skyjacker does indeed make a skid for later year (through '06) TJ/LJ as well. Cheers.
the only noticeable difference between the LJ and the TJ when it comes to TT's is the driveshaft angles....and all thats covered here: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/wh...nt-one-854790/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:31 PM   #78
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by markrez View Post
I have an '04 manual tranny, can I be a guinea pig?
I think you are sadly mistaken. They would pass that along to me first since I have an '05 with an AUTO. That of course is still out of the question since I happen to hear that they choose their testers based on a few things. One happens to be the ability to drive down the road to their shop (that is only one of the many that has been mentioned of course).
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #79
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This thread should not confuse LJ owners as I clearly stated this is for TJ's. This is the TJ Technical forum after all. I love LJ's Im just not as well versed on them to do a thread on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #80
sailsurf7713
1999 TJ Wrangler 

There's also Extreme Metal Products

Jeep TJ Skid Plate

-For 97-02 models
-1/4" Steel construction
-Provided 1" of clearance

Good option for someone who wants to do a 1" BL, 1" MML, the skid, and possibly be done (lift height being the deciding factor). Good value too. I know at least one person on here has it. Maybe they'll chime in cause I can't find the thread to save my life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97flexy View Post
...I say don't lift but CUT. :)
My Rusty Revival
sailsurf7713 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #81
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
I think you are sadly mistaken. They would pass that along to me first since I have an '05 with an AUTO. That of course is still out of the question since I happen to hear that they choose their testers based on a few things. One happens to be the ability to drive down the road to their shop (that is only one of the many that has been mentioned of course).
I could be a candidate for the chosen test Jeep, but even then. They have somewhere around 10 Jeeps to test things on. I am in that category of being able to drive to their shop. I even have an '05 auto. I might even drop by there tomorrow.
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:03 AM   #82
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
I could be a candidate for the chosen test Jeep, but even then. They have somewhere around 10 Jeeps to test things on. I am in that category of being able to drive to their shop. I even have an '05 auto. I might even drop by there tomorrow.
lol, good luck with that... Really, we all want freebies
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:48 AM   #83
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
lol, good luck with that... Really, we all want freebies
Who doesn't? Especially with Savvy gear. That is some amazing stuff.
Unread 01-08-2010, 08:54 AM   #84
jvetter03
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
I fixed it for you. It may be right for you personally, but may not for everyone. Im guessing its right because of the lowest price?? That is not everyones concern here.. Quality, Durability, and Performance have a lot to do with my final decision. I can only speculate where this thing is made, Ive emailed them to ask where this thing is coming from because if it has anything to do with China, I wont be buying. I would rather spend the extra for quality and an American made product such as Rokmen.
Its right for me becuase it appears to be of good quality for a fair price. 1/4" thick, well manufactured, and lots of positive reviews lead a person to belive its a good deal. If you have enough money that you no longer have to search for good deals, then maybe you should look for a H2 forum......and as you can see many other people have recieved email responsed showing that its not Chineese trash. If you wrote your email to them in the same manner as you replied to my post...I dont think I would respond either.....
1999 Wrangler- Locked 8.8, locked D-30, UCF Belly up, 35 Mud Kings on Crager Soft 8's, 4" SL, 2" BB, 1" MML, 1" BL, Adjustable UCA's, Adjustable LCA's, Terra SYE, DC-DS, Smittybilt Tube Fenders, Quick Disco's, Rhino Lined Tub, Neoprene Seats, Marine radio/CB, 4 KC's, Smittybilt XR8[/COLOR]
jvetter03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 02:42 PM   #85
jrhack11
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for so much great information, it's been very helpful
Unread 01-08-2010, 04:23 PM   #86
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jvetter03 View Post
Its right for me becuase it appears to be of good quality for a fair price. 1/4" thick, well manufactured, and lots of positive reviews lead a person to belive its a good deal. If you have enough money that you no longer have to search for good deals, then maybe you should look for a H2 forum......and as you can see many other people have recieved email responsed showing that its not Chineese trash. If you wrote your email to them in the same manner as you replied to my post...I dont think I would respond either.....
No offense was indended big guy. Get your panties out of the bunch they are in and chill out. I was asking you why it was the right one for you. You made a huge statement by saying "The UCF seems to be the way to go" when all you have over the other skids with this one, is price. There were decent reviews about the skid (not so great welds).. The skid doesnt have the best welds, the highest clearance, hardware, paint, the most reviews so I dont know how you can say it seems to be the way to go. Thats why I said it might be the best for you... it may not be the best for someone else.

Ive been on this forum for a lot longer than you and have owned Wranglers longer than you..dont come in here acting like Billy Badass telling me to go to an H2 forum.

Just because its the cheapest doesnt mean its the best deal.. you will learn that eventually. I do search for the best deal, and part of the derivation of this thread comes from that. I put it together for folks that are looking for a good deal (which could consist of the highest price, but the best quality or features) and provided as much info that was available. The rest is up to yall. How long has this skid been out? How do you know its going to hold up better than a different one?

I said the skid could be made in China and if it was I would not touch it. As soon as he DID email me back, I posted an update. I got the update out as soon as I got it. Read my post, I wasnt trying to say it was a POS, Im simply trying to show people that are inexperienced on the subject (such as yourself) their options.

Quote:
Unread 01-08-2010, 04:41 PM   #87
acrijos
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Excellent research. Will save me a lot of time. Thank you and have a very prosperous new year !
acrijos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 06:49 PM   #88
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Everyone is very welcome. Keep the tech coming, the more tech, the better.

Quote:
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #89
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

I run the jeepmedic on my 06 LJ Rubi with an OME lift, 1"mml and a 1.25"bl. I have the stock drive shaft and have JKS control arms set to factory length and have zero vibes. I would venture to say if I had any more lift I would probably have vibes and have to go to a CV shaft.
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-08-2010, 07:26 PM   #90
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill View Post
I run the jeepmedic on my 06 LJ Rubi with an OME lift, 1"mml and a 1.25"bl. I have the stock drive shaft and have JKS control arms set to factory length and have zero vibes. I would venture to say if I had any more lift I would probably have vibes and have to go to a CV shaft.
my friend has the same exact setup, but needed a CV shaft. just goes to show every jeep is different.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.