So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 55 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Gear Installs at CCOR SpecialSavvy FOX IFP 4" Lift Shocks in StockSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

Unread 09-11-2012, 07:58 PM   #811
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Finally finished!

forumrunner_20120911_205701.jpg  
35 inch MTR Kevs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100`s, Currie 4" springs, UCF ultra hi clearance skid, UCF Lo pro tranny mount, Brown Dog MML, RC 1.25 BL, Rustys steering, Warn 9.5i, Rugged Ridge rock bumpers, Bestop tire carrier, Tatton rear driveshaft, Ten factory front and rear alloy`s, Synergy ball joints, Currie front trac bar, JKS discos
RubiconChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-11-2012, 08:19 PM   #812
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconChris View Post
Finally finished!

Very nice install of the flattest production skid on the planet!
(334) 873-4000

Jeep Forum 10% Off Discount Code: jeepforum.com

Check us out on Facebook

undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:03 AM   #813
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Finally finished!
Chris,
I have been anxiously awaiting for your trials. I'm wanting a TT (am on the waiting list for the modular version), and was concerned about the rear DS angle. I also have the Tattons shaft with 4" spring lift on 35's. Was worried about vibrations and all...

What about shifter linkage? Any pics of your shifter after bending?
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:27 AM   #814
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

My buddy took one of those drop t-case adapters you get with a lift and turned it upside down and put a brass pushing in it. Its works as good as stock if not better! I`ll post a pic in a few. And I have no driveline vibes with my 17 inch Tatton shaft.
Took it up to 90mph on the interstate cause my test drive was going that good. Woods test today. I did put a limiting strap on the rear from the top 2 dif bolts to the cross member because the driveshaft binded a little at full droop. We did have to call Matt cause we were to dumb to figure out the Rubi pump mount. He answered the phone as always. The only complaint I got was from the UPS man! lol
And as far as my shifter, after I drove it I left it where it was cause I kinda liked it. So I didnt even bother bending it. Its closer to the dash but its not like my hand hits or anything.
35 inch MTR Kevs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100`s, Currie 4" springs, UCF ultra hi clearance skid, UCF Lo pro tranny mount, Brown Dog MML, RC 1.25 BL, Rustys steering, Warn 9.5i, Rugged Ridge rock bumpers, Bestop tire carrier, Tatton rear driveshaft, Ten factory front and rear alloy`s, Synergy ball joints, Currie front trac bar, JKS discos
Unread 09-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #815
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

That's the bracket he modified to fix my t case linkage.
forumrunner_20120912_094225.jpg  
Unread 09-13-2012, 06:33 AM   #816
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

OK, here's an off-the-wall question...

Would it be better to do a SYE or just find a used Rubicon transfer case to do a tummy-tuck?

(It's my understanding that the Rubi transfer cases already have the SYE.)

'99 Wrangler Sport: 2.5" Old Man Emo lift and shocks, adjustable trackbars, Quick-Disko sway links, rollin on 31" BFG A/Ts
saxart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:35 AM   #817
geiman
Web Wheeler
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxart View Post

Would it be better to do a SYE or just find a used Rubicon transfer case to do a tummy-tuck?

The 241OR has a fixed output shaft, so yes it doesn't need an SYE. It would be nice to have one for the 4:1 low range, but typically they're hard to find, expensive if you do find them, and a bit larger so tucking them up with a TT can be a bit harder. If you can find a good deal on one I'd say go for it, but they're typically not cheap. The only ones I've seen under $1000 are not local and would cost a good bit to ship. Pirate4x4 has some occasionally, might want to keep an eye out over there.

Good luck.
geiman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #818
Jankoid
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hell if I know! The Currie is 4 inch heavy duty from Savvy. And the Rough Country was supposed to be progressive rate from their 4 inch standard kit which is far away from my Jeep now.
The 4" RC kit doesn't come with progressive rate coils, only their 2.5" kit does.
Jankoid is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:13 AM   #819
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jankoid View Post
The 4" RC kit doesn't come with progressive rate coils, only their 2.5" kit does.
When I bought it they said it did. Also when the shock bushings kept falling out they told me to go buy more their only 25 cents each. Screw Rough Country!
Unread 09-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #820
GMBNT42
Web Wheeler
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post
Very nice install of the flattest production skid on the planet!
I agree with this. Love mine! Actually glad I went with this one instead of the Savvy version. One thing that would be great though would be for you guys to make an "add on" cross brace that holds up the TC when dropping the skidpate. Looking it over Im surprised you guys haven't made one available yet. Would love to hear that you guys are going to have one down the road in the near future, or have one in the works.
GMBNT42 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 03:42 PM   #821
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

As previously posted, the 241s don't show up often and usually priced stupidly when they do. 231s with a SYE already done show up probably more often and prices are usually reasonably. Swapping one 231 for another should be pretty easy. Just make sure input shaft is right length. I need to convert my SYE to a SS SYE and keep hoping I get lucky and find one for sale local with the SS SYE done already.
Unread 09-13-2012, 04:27 PM   #822
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Clue me in here...

SS SYE???

'99 Wrangler Sport: 2.5" Old Man Emo lift and shocks, adjustable trackbars, Quick-Disko sway links, rollin on 31" BFG A/Ts
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:06 PM   #823
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Clue me in here...

SS SYE???
Short Shaft version
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-13-2012, 05:37 PM   #824
saxart
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks Bio...

Can someone elaborate on the difference between a standard SYE and a SS SYE? Short shaft? Huh?

(It sucks being stupid!)

Unread 09-13-2012, 07:25 PM   #825
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Super short slip yoke eliminator.

This version allows a longer drive shaft. And hence, less steep of a driveshaft angle, and also will allow for more axle droop.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.