So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 54 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Brand New! Quadratec LED Headlights!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 09-06-2012, 07:12 PM   #796
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I just cut a bunch off the rear of the spring bucket.

Unread 09-07-2012, 05:25 AM   #797
jeepinhokie
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconChris View Post
So recently I installed a UCF ultra hi t-case skid and need to address some issues. My shock are dam near the coil buckets so should I notch the bucket or relocate shock location? And my rear trac bar is bound because of the rear upper control arms being adjusted for the proper pinion angle. So can I modify my drop down bracket I have by heating and bending it? I`m kind of tapped out after all the upgrades so not looking to spend alot right now. Thanks
something like:

and

Attachment 428015

though the track bar bracket may not work for you with as much lift as you have. might want to play it safe with a new CV style one. though i'm not sure if an OEM track bar will fit the CV style brackets.

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-07-2012, 07:28 AM   #798
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks guys, I`m gonna trim the buckets and I ordered a JKS angled trac bar bracket from Quadratec for $50.
My Clayton lower control arms are as short as posible and my uppers are out as far as they can be safely. I`m hope`n I dont get a driveline vibration. I`m running a 17 inch cv Tatton shaft. But the breakover angle with 35`s and that UCF ultra hi clearance skid is amazing!
35 inch MTR Kevs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100`s, Currie 4" springs, UCF ultra hi clearance skid, UCF Lo pro tranny mount, Brown Dog MML, RC 1.25 BL, Rustys steering, Warn 9.5i, Rugged Ridge rock bumpers, Bestop tire carrier, Tatton rear driveshaft, Ten factory front and rear alloy`s, Synergy ball joints, Currie front trac bar, JKS discos
RubiconChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:45 AM   #799
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Cut the buckets and installed the shaft. I'm afraid it may be a little short. Also barely binds on full droop on jack stands. Any suggestions?
forumrunner_20120908_084306.jpg   forumrunner_20120908_084325.jpg  
35 inch MTR Kevs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100`s, Currie 4" springs, UCF ultra hi clearance skid, UCF Lo pro tranny mount, Brown Dog MML, RC 1.25 BL, Rustys steering, Warn 9.5i, Rugged Ridge rock bumpers, Bestop tire carrier, Tatton rear driveshaft, Ten factory front and rear alloy`s, Synergy ball joints, Currie front trac bar, JKS discos
Unread 09-08-2012, 06:55 AM   #800
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconChris View Post
Also barely binds on full droop on jack stands. Any suggestions?
Limit droop with a center limit strap so that it doesn't bind. As for length, how long is the total slip section and how much of it is exposed @ ride height? How much is still engaged at full droop? I have a Tattons shaft, as well.....yours looks fine.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:12 AM   #801
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Another pic. Only about 2 inches left at full droop on stands. Worried it will droop more when forced to in offroading senerios.
forumrunner_20120908_091055.jpg  
Unread 09-08-2012, 07:18 AM   #802
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Limit droop with a center limit strap so that it doesn't bind. As for length, how long is the total slip section and how much of it is exposed @ ride height? How much is still engaged at full droop? I have a Tattons shaft, as well.....yours looks fine.
Thanks, I was thinking of that but thought it would be rigging it and not the proper thing to do. But if its ok, I`m all for it. That binding would be realy bad on the trail.
Unread 09-09-2012, 06:22 PM   #803
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I`m getting close to finished with my tummy tuck. I need to make a limiting strap and I guess bend my gear shifter. Its really close to my dash. Any ideas, pics or suggestions are appreciated.
Unread 09-10-2012, 12:29 AM   #804
danielbuck
2006 TJ Wrangler 

As for the limit strap, I just threw on a set of 4" springs last weekend, and with my transfer case stuffed up so high, I suspect I'll need a limit strap on the rear pumpking as well. How does one mount a limit strap onto a stock D44 in the center? It's been hot out on the trails, so I've not really had the jeep out much lately, waiting for things to cool down.

as for the shifter, I took my gear shifter out, heated it for a few minutes until it started to glow where I wanted the bend, then and bent it back using the bench vice and a piece of pipe for leverage.
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:22 AM   #805
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Currie vs Rough Country! Both are 4 inch lift springs.
forumrunner_20120910_092133.jpg  
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:33 AM   #806
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

One is progressive or dual rate, the other is not.

What are the spring rates for each?
Unread 09-10-2012, 07:51 AM   #807
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisfitSeven View Post
One is progressive or dual rate, the other is not.

What are the spring rates for each?
Hell if I know! The Currie is 4 inch heavy duty from Savvy. And the Rough Country was supposed to be progressive rate from their 4 inch standard kit which is far away from my Jeep now.
Unread 09-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #808
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Those RC coils are linear and relatively stiff. The Curries have a lighter rate that progressively gets heavier at the top. The longer free length is a good thing and is just one small reason Currie parts stand above RC parts.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-10-2012, 09:01 AM   #809
MisfitSeven
MAIL Crawler.

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gijeep02
Currie's rear springs are rated at 195lbs per inch
From the collapsed spring thread.
Unread 09-10-2012, 03:13 PM   #810
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imped View Post
Those RC coils are linear and relatively stiff. The Curries have a lighter rate that progressively gets heavier at the top. The longer free length is a good thing and is just one small reason Currie parts stand above RC parts.
If you don't mind me asking what are the differences between progressive, and regular springs? and do you lose some height from one compared ot the other?

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.