So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 50 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRuffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO

Unread 06-12-2012, 09:19 AM   #736
Ironhead
2003 TJ Wrangler 

any chance that I wont have driveline vibes without a new DS? 2" of lift and its a rubi, so no yolk to eliminate. Adj rear uppers. about to install the UHC skid with a lopro

Ironhead is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 09:27 AM   #737
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Not a very good chance, but it's a function of which skid you're installing.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 11:19 AM   #738
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Well, located source of DW. Boy do i feel stupid. Forgot to tighten front LCA where oil pan skid attaches. Its the little things that matter.
I definetly would go with cable shifter and wish i had it yesterday.

Imped is that right on the two degree difference or did I get some bum scoop.

Rubiconchris i did not need the lopro mount but it might of been nice to have.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 11:22 AM   #739
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

You want the pinion inline with the drive shaft, such that the u joint is seeing no angle. The -2 degrees statement is accounting for axle wrap when on the gas. If you've got some deflection from the bushings in your control arms, you'll have a little axle wrap. If you're running rod ends or JJ's at all ends, you'll have virtually none.

In other words, you're fine where it's at.
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:30 PM   #740
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Is there a differance in the rear Tatton driveshaft for my Rubicon and the Tom Woods shaft besides the price. I`ve read good reviews on Tatton shafts both come with spicer 1330`s. This Belly up project is costing a bundle and I need to save anywhere I can. Thanks
35 inch MTR Kevs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100`s, Currie 4" springs, UCF ultra hi clearance skid, UCF Lo pro tranny mount, Brown Dog MML, RC 1.25 BL, Rustys steering, Warn 9.5i, Rugged Ridge rock bumpers, Bestop tire carrier, Tatton rear driveshaft, Ten factory front and rear alloy`s, Synergy ball joints, Currie front trac bar, JKS discos
RubiconChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:36 PM   #741
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo196 View Post
Aww jeez, just spent 8 hours trying to get my ucf skid on. First problem was i had to remove the transfer case shift linkage i put on with the lift. I got that off and jacked the skid up and the TC linkage was in a bind. Tried to call ucf but got voicemail and no call back So i pulled it off and welded a tab to the bottom, then drilled a hole lowering the pivot point. This worked out well and the TC shifts like its suppose to. I modded my skid row oil skid and bolted it up to the ucf. Then adjusted rear uppers and lowers. I started with a Ds angle of 18, no vibes. It was now 25. So i adjusted it down to 22 at ds and 20 at pinion. Two degrees difference is what i had read so i thought i would be ok. But now i have vibes and terrrible Dw. I parked it and started crackin beers. BTW I did nothing to the exhaust yet. It is snug. Also the steering feels kinda strange when I turn to the left.

Sorry I missed your call. I've been on vacation for the last week.

I tried to call you back today and got your VM. Please call me if I can help.
(334) 873-4000

Jeep Forum 10% Off Discount Code: jeepforum.com

Check us out on Facebook

undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:45 PM   #742
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverfab View Post

is a SS sye needed for your undercover system like the savvy one requires?
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:49 PM   #743
undercoverfab
Vendor
JeepForum 2012 Vendor Giveaway Participate
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
is a SS sye needed for your undercover system like the savvy one requires?

The UHC (Ultra High-Clearance) skid will require a SYE of some kind unless it's installed with no suspension lift. You may need a Super Short or Mega Short model if you try to install it with over 3" of SL. Your specific situation will dictate that.

Thanks,
(334) 873-4000

Jeep Forum 10% Off Discount Code: jeepforum.com

Check us out on Facebook

undercoverfab is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 08:59 PM   #744
clg82
Web Wheeler

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The UHC (Ultra High-Clearance) skid will require a SYE of some kind unless it's installed with no suspension lift. You may need a Super Short or Mega Short model if you try to install it with over 3" of SL. Your specific situation will dictate that.

Thanks,
thanks for the quick reply.
clg82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2012, 11:01 PM   #745
polo196
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

No problem, everyone needs family time. Today I had to work overtime so not much of a chance to work on it. I tightened up the front LCA, it really wasn't that loose. I drove it to the store and it still tried to DW on me. The exhaust is making an awful racket. Taking it in tomorrow to get that fixed.

Gonna trade out my crappy ProComp Xterrains for the new MTR's I have.

Thinking about trying to lower the DS angle some more, to get closer to the 18 degrees I had with no vibes.

I have come to the conclusion, after reading multiple threads on this, I actually know a lot less than I thought I did.
Yellow Jeep Club Member [FONT="Century Gothic"]#196[/FONT]
polo196 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:05 AM   #746
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubiconChris View Post
Is there a differance in the rear Tatton driveshaft for my Rubicon and the Tom Woods shaft besides the price. I`ve read good reviews on Tatton shafts both come with spicer 1330`s. This Belly up project is costing a bundle and I need to save anywhere I can. Thanks
The good thing about TW is that Tom stands behind his product. Unless you turn the thing into a banana on the trail, he'll figure something out to help you. Usually it's "send it back and we'll take care of it", and it is not at all uncommon for him to split the cost of repair when the situation is completely the consumers fault.

I have never dealt with Tatton, however I would venture a guess there is a very strong difference in customer service. There are only a handful of companies out there that have seen the success that TW has and to this day the owner himself still answers the phone. Give them a call any given day of the week M-F and you're likely to have Tom answer and phone. What you'll find during your conversation with him is a person who actually cares about each and every customer he has. People are beating down that mans door for driveshafts and he has plenty of business, yet he'll spend twenty minutes on the phone with you answering all your questions, and even just having general conversation.

Not because he wants your money or wants to make a sale, but because he cares about you, and he doesn't even know you.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:14 AM   #747
BioTex
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Just my opinion on Tatton's!
I have ordered from them twice now. When I call, I get Curtis himself on the phone, and so I beleve their customer service is the same as TW. Shipping is fast, and like you said, the products appear the same. Warranty appears the same. I have never heard bad from either place, so why not save some money where possible.
06' TJ Rubicon, 4" R.C. springs, BFG/AT 35s M.C. 6" fenders, rockers and surrounds, Currie front & rear adj. tracbars, tattons DC rear shaft, adj. upper - lower CA's. Bilstein 5100's
YJ Buggy Build Current project. Stroker/FI ?
1990 MJ Comanche 4.0L AX15/np231
BioTex is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:18 AM   #748
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

There are other shops out there that have the same (and some better) rep as TW. Tattons is one of them.
Unread 06-13-2012, 07:28 AM   #749
TroubleNEO
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks for your input, like I said I have not dealt with Tattons. Good customer service is one way to win my business, and get me to recommend you to others, and that's what I do with TW after my experiences.
Unread 06-13-2012, 08:26 AM   #750
RubiconChris
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies on Tatton and Tom Woods. Its nice to here good things about companys standing behind their products. I dont mind spending the cash as much when I want to give someone my buisness.

So I also want to purchase the Novak shifter cable and install it and the driveshaft before I purchase the Transfer case skid to cut down on the install time. Is this a bad idea? Its my daily driver and dont want to tie it up more than a day.
35 inch MTR Kevs, Clayton short arms, Bilstein 5100`s, Currie 4" springs, UCF ultra hi clearance skid, UCF Lo pro tranny mount, Brown Dog MML, RC 1.25 BL, Rustys steering, Warn 9.5i, Rugged Ridge rock bumpers, Bestop tire carrier, Tatton rear driveshaft, Ten factory front and rear alloy`s, Synergy ball joints, Currie front trac bar, JKS discos
RubiconChris is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.