So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHut

Unread 01-07-2010, 02:22 PM   #61
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Update on Under Cover Fabworks

None of their parts are made in China. They are all made in Alabama. The owner of the company sent me a message explaining how his parts are made and such. American made, good price, sounds good to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.

Last edited by rubidriver; 01-07-2010 at 03:06 PM..
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:38 PM   #62
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
Quality, Durability, and Performance have a lot to do with my final decision.
As you already found out, the skid is made in America and possesses these qualities. I helped dmcastino install his so believe me when I say it, it's a fine product. As long as you're not an idiot and know how to weld decently, you can't really mess up a skid plate.....
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM   #63
Wrenchands

1995 XJ Cherokee 

Decided to reply since not a sticky. Saved for future reference. Thanks
Rhinolined entire Exterior black, and Herculined interior.
Axles: 5.13 gears. Dynatrac ProRock 44 with ARB up front, Rear XJ 44 with Detroit locker and disc conversion.
Steering: Currie Extreme and PSC Hydro-assist

Cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2973108
Wrenchands is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 02:50 PM   #64
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjku79 View Post
I have heard of people using different skid plates, such as Rockmen and skyjacker, with the AEV trans mount to avoid a body lift. Any comments on that? AEV Jim on their forum stated they could be sold separately for around $100. Below are pictures.

I want that badly.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:23 PM   #65
pokernaked
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Great post..... looks like all the info I have spent hours getting sidetracked on, are now in one place!

Thank you

[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so-you-want-tummy-tuck-942018/"][COLOR="Red"]SO YOU WANT A TUMMY TUCK..[/COLOR]..[/URL]
pokernaked is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 03:49 PM   #66
Mayfair_Jeeper
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I fixed it for you. It may be right for you personally, but may not for everyone. Im guessing its right because of the lowest price?? That is not everyones concern here.. Quality, Durability, and Performance have a lot to do with my final decision. I can only speculate where this thing is made, Ive emailed them to ask where this thing is coming from because if it has anything to do with China, I wont be buying. I would rather spend the extra for quality and an American made product such as Rokmen.
Matt from UCF (undercoverfab) is in Gerogia. He had mine specially made for me when I bought mine a few months back when he was just getting into it. He had to take it to the shop to get a drain hole laser cut in. It is a true USA product made by a youg fabricator...Give him a try....you'll b eimpressed for the price, and the splatter is nothing a quick hit with the grinder wont fix.
Mayfair_Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 04:07 PM   #67
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TJX View Post
Matt from UCF (undercoverfab) is in Gerogia. He had mine specially made for me when I bought mine a few months back when he was just getting into it. He had to take it to the shop to get a drain hole laser cut in. It is a true USA product made by a youg fabricator...Give him a try....you'll b eimpressed for the price, and the splatter is nothing a quick hit with the grinder wont fix.
See this, it was posted after that quote...

Quote:
Update on Under Cover Fabworks

None of their parts are made in China. They are all made in Alabama. The owner of the company sent me a message explaining how his parts are made and such. American made, good price, sounds good to me.

Quote:
Unread 01-07-2010, 04:12 PM   #68
Niceface
2004 TJ Wrangler 

subscribed. wtg!
Niceface is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:46 PM   #69
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGriffith View Post
Fair enough, but I took what Gerald said to mean that that's not a prototype, just a skid they built for his jeep.
What I should have said is the 2003 skid is proof of concept. The 03 and up with autos is the most difficult flat skid to manufacture. We have built them and now are figuring a way to produce them cost effectively.

Like I always say, "Good things come to those who wait."

Our skids will not be for everyone. People who don't want a BL should buy one of the others. But, if you truly want a lightweight flat skid we'll have something you will like.

Remember 2" of more belly clearance is like going from 31" tires to 35" tires. And, I gained 3" of belly clearance. Savvy people can easily do the math!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:53 PM   #70
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
What I should have said is the 2003 skid is proof of concept. The 03 and up with autos is the most difficult flat skid to manufacture. We have built them and now are figuring a way to produce them cost effectively.

Like I always say, "Good things come to those who wait."

Our skids will not be for everyone. People who don't want a BL should buy one of the others. But, if you truly want a lightweight flat skid we'll have something you will like.

Remember 2" of more belly clearance is like going from 31" tires to 35" tires. And, I gained 3" of belly clearance. Savvy people can easily do the math!
Now Ive only been trained in up to Calculus II, but if my math serves me correctly, a 3" gain in belly is like going from a 31" to a 37" tire..
Just messin around. I cant wait to see it.

Quote:
Unread 01-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #71
carsonvogt
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
More than happy to wait for yours
Survivalist Club Member #26
carsonvogt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 09:27 PM   #72
LSU_TJ
TJ Wrangler 

Decisions, decisions....

This is next on my list but a BL is out of the question so my choices are dwindling. Looks like I'll have to go with the Nth Degree. Guess there are worse choices.

LSU_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:02 PM   #73
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I like your avatar...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 10:49 PM   #74
markrez
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Tummy Tuck?

Quote:
The 03 and up with autos is the most difficult flat skid to manufacture.
I have an '04 manual tranny, can I be a guinea pig?
markrez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2010, 11:00 PM   #75
jondotcom
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 06TJX View Post
Did they ever fix the tranny skid design? If I recall it attached to the bell housing at the front and then to the skid at the rear.. design issue imho.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.