So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 45 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete Cess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD15 x 8 Black D-Window Steel Wheels Set of 4

Unread 01-16-2012, 05:01 PM   #661
bbusch
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan View Post

What was the genius/thought behind that Nth tummy tuck? How did they get it so flat? And why aren't they still available?

When Jim started Nth Degree he made 5-10 units (he can't remember) very limited run of these skids but the interest was not there to justify the option vs the 1.25 drop version. His lift was not available back in Jan 2004 so I scooped up this unit because he was sure he would not be making anymore. Install is more extensive so the idea was dropped after a few were made.

My Rig

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/b...build-1072569/
bbusch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:10 PM   #662
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

What was the genius/thought behind that Nth tummy tuck? How did they get it so flat? And why aren't they still available?
They're now owned by AEV... AEV has some really nice products, but they're 2-3 times more expensive than many other kits, and I personally feel like the Currie/Savvy/Rokmen/Clayton lift kits are a better price vs. value option. I don't have any experience with the AEV/9th set up though.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Necromancer_tat is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 05:25 PM   #663
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

LOL, nothing genius about a flat skid. Pretty easy, actually. That Nth skid is definitely cool. Very rare.

Imped is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-16-2012, 07:04 PM   #664
TJRHD
2005 TJ Wrangler 

This tummy tuck stuff is starting to wear on my mind, my knuckles and my pocketbook. almost there
Unread 01-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #665
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedOleMan

The Savvy UA is just as flat and much easier to work with. I tried to acquire all of the parts to do the AEV/Nth skid and it wasn't possible. If you can find them, total cost would probably be over $1500....bottom line is, just go with the Savvy UA and you'll be happy.
boilerup1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 06:49 PM   #666
26679cj5
Web Wheeler

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I'm looking to do a tummy tuck in the next couple of weeks. I'm only going to be running the H&R 1" suspension lift, so hopefully my mods won't have to be as extensive as some of the ones in this thread. I already have the body lift, cv driveshaft,and slipyoke eliminator. I need to order my skid, motor mount lift, and adjustable control arms.

Anyone know what the most likely problem I would run into would be? I'm thinking possible altering of the stock exhaust hanger? I have an automatic btw.
26679cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-09-2012, 07:02 PM   #667
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJRHD View Post
This tummy tuck stuff is starting to wear on my mind, my knuckles and my pocketbook. almost there
Hurry up already...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boilerup1998 View Post
The Savvy UA is just as flat and much easier to work with. I tried to acquire all of the parts to do the AEV/Nth skid and it wasn't possible. If you can find them, total cost would probably be over $1500....bottom line is, just go with the Savvy UA and you'll be happy.
I purchased the UCF UHC under armor. It's not as fancy as the Savvy gear, but it's cheaper, just as light, and just as strong. The compromise is that the Savvy armor is easier to work with when maintenence is needed... If I had more money to spend I would've went with the Savvy under armor, but I have a limited budget so I have to make compromises here and there...

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-30-2012, 10:18 AM   #668
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

has anyone found replacement rear shock mounts that will position the shocks the same distance from the axle tube. essentially just replacements for the OEM mounts.

i know about the currie shock extenders but would prefer to weld an OEM style back into the proper position after the pinion angle is raised.

something like this from ruffstuff but longer

A Hokie build

check out my jeepin videos!
jeepinhokie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:17 PM   #669
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinhokie View Post
has anyone found replacement rear shock mounts that will position the shocks the same distance from the axle tube. essentially just replacements for the OEM mounts.

i know about the currie shock extenders but would prefer to weld an OEM style back into the proper position after the pinion angle is raised.

something like this from ruffstuff but longer
A friend of mine and myself made long shock mounts for my Jeep out of 1/4" wall, 2" box tubing. It took us about 2 hours all together including cutting the factory mounts off, smoothing the axle tubes, fabricating the new mounts with a 4" grinder and some cutting disks.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:32 PM   #670
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
A friend of mine and myself made long shock mounts for my Jeep out of 1/4" wall, 2" box tubing. It took us about 2 hours all together including cutting the factory mounts off, smoothing the axle tubes, fabricating the new mounts with a 4" grinder and some cutting disks.
wouldnt that leave 1/4" slop inside the shock mount?

2x2x1/4 would have in ID (for lack of a better term) of 1.5, arent TJ shocks 1.25?

but i think i get how you did that.

A Hokie build

Unread 05-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #671
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
wouldnt that leave 1/4" slop inside the shock mount?

2x2x1/4 would have in ID (for lack of a better term) of 1.5, arent TJ shocks 1.25?

but i think i get how you did that.
We cut one side of the tubing out at the bottom of the mount, I'm not sure how wide the bushings are on shocks, they slid in nice and neatly, and then we tightened everything up. They aren't loose in the mounts, so I'm not sure. It's raining outside right now or I'd take a few pictures for you.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-30-2012, 01:53 PM   #672
jeepinhokie
built not bought

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Necromancer_tat View Post
We cut one side of the tubing out at the bottom of the mount, I'm not sure how wide the bushings are on shocks, they slid in nice and neatly, and then we tightened everything up. They aren't loose in the mounts, so I'm not sure. It's raining outside right now or I'd take a few pictures for you.
i'm probably just over thinking it. but pictures are always welcome. no rush...

A Hokie build

Unread 05-30-2012, 02:11 PM   #673
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
i'm probably just over thinking it. but pictures are always welcome. no rush...
Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Then I gained a bit more up travel after I installed my tummy tuck, but I don't have pics at the moment.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:13 PM   #674
Necromancer_tat
Where'd all my money go?

2001 TJ Wrangler 

And the square tubing is prolly 1.75" square tubing 1/4" wall now that I look at it again.

2006 LJ SOLD!
Unread 05-30-2012, 02:17 PM   #675
boilerup1998

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Necro, not sure why your shocks were so compressed originally. Here's what mine look like with no mods to shock mounts.

image-2088454688.jpg
boilerup1998 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.