So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 20 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 01-22-2010, 10:14 AM   #286
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The Unlimited stuff is almost done. Corners, rock rails and tub backers are done, tub rails are almost done.
good to hear, but you did skip the TT part. seems like im going to want to look at the TT first if it comes with half the stuff Gerald was saying its going to come with.

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:05 AM   #287
Fargo
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
good to hear, but you did skip the TT part. seems like im going to want to look at the TT first if it comes with half the stuff Gerald was saying its going to come with.
I was wondering about that too. It seems to me that I read at one time his TT wouldn't fit on the LJ. I hope I am wrong on that though. Hopefully MrBlaine will clear that up for us.
2005 Rubicon Unlimited Sahara Limited Edition #41
6spd manual

Quote:
...there's very little that is more permanent than a temporary solution
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oman Jeep
Go with quality and cry once. Go cheap and cry often. Take your pick ;)
LJ Owners Group member #110
Fargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 11:09 AM   #288
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

From what Gerald said (iirc) there will only be 2 different TT kits. There will be one for the 97-2002, and then one for 03-06. The TJ and LJ ones will be the same, the only difference is the different years. That is of course only if I am recalling what he said correctly.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 06:08 PM   #289
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
From what Gerald said (iirc) there will only be 2 different TT kits. There will be one for the 97-2002, and then one for 03-06. The TJ and LJ ones will be the same, the only difference is the different years. That is of course only if I am recalling what he said correctly.
We can usually always get more out of Gerald. We need to get him around to start leaking more info.
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #290
F9K9
Semper Fi!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

I don't want to jump into this fray but, I would like to offer an opinion which is like......."everyone has one". I started late in life with this hobby/sport/addiction/fanaticism. I, for one wish, that I had waited for the Savvy TT instead of the AEV/Nth TT. My heep is becoming a pig and I think less wgt is better. If/when the TT shows up, it will be a good one! I am not disappointed with their fuel tank skid, corners, tub rubs and LEDs. If, I knew that the TT was in progress, I would have waited for it versus the Nth setup. JMHO

'03 Rubicon w/a few changes.
F9K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-22-2010, 07:43 PM   #291
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
We can usually always get more out of Gerald. We need to get him around to start leaking more info.
True, but have you considered that those of us with the info have also figured that out?
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:14 PM   #292
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
True, but have you considered that those of us with the info have also figured that out?
Poor Gerald. At least if you want to tell everyone something all you have to do is tell Gerald. then it will be out there pretty quickly. I think the best way to figure out what's going on is to just visit you guys.
Unread 01-22-2010, 08:28 PM   #293
roadkill
2006 LJ Wrangler 

telephone, telafax, tell a Gerald
roadkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 06:50 PM   #294
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

SALE
If anyone is thinking about an Under Cover Fab skid, do it now, they are having a sale. There is a code that is only good for a few more days for 10% off. Check them out!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 08:10 PM   #295
05RedRME
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
SALE
If anyone is thinking about an Under Cover Fab skid, do it now, they are having a sale. There is a code that is only good for a few more days for 10% off. Check them out!
What is the coupon code? Also would their skid be able to support the weight of the rig without bending, like the rokmen has shown? Thanks
05RedRME is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 09:16 PM   #296
rs4race
1997 TJ Wrangler 

What's the code!!??
rs4race is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-23-2010, 11:23 PM   #297
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

The code for UCF is 10OFF. When or if you get one, post your thoughts and or pics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:02 AM   #298
gecko5
2004 TJ Wrangler 

I am very interested in the UCF skids however there are just too many grey areas:

- No actual pics of the product on it's own or installed
- Having a hard time determining if the tranny mount points / mount itself are recessed or do the bolt/heads protrude below
- In one of the pics they show a corresponding engine skid, yet i do not see anything like that for sale on the site...
- Where is the company located?
gecko5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:17 AM   #299
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

-I agree with the lack of pics
-Can't comment on the mounts
-Yes, there is price info. You have to click the drop down for options, and it will add the price.
-It is said here in the thread. Yes, it is handmade here in the USA.
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-24-2010, 08:31 AM   #300
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gecko5 View Post
I am very interested in the UCF skids however there are just too many grey areas:

- No actual pics of the product on it's own or installed
- Having a hard time determining if the tranny mount points / mount itself are recessed or do the bolt/heads protrude below
- In one of the pics they show a corresponding engine skid, yet i do not see anything like that for sale on the site...
- Where is the company located?
Look around, there are plenty of pics with it installed. Dmcastino has one and has pics in his build thread. The tranny mount setup is similar to Rokmen's, it's recessed. You likely saw another engine skid not made by UCF---I'm not seeing what that has to do with UCF. You can bolt almost any engine skid up to any skid with a little work. Don't remember where the company is located but they are easily reachable so you could call and ask. I've dealt with the skid first hand. It's very nice and sells for a great price. If it had been around over a year ago, I would've purchased it over Rokmen's simply for the price savings since it's basically the same thing.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.