So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitClayton Off Road - Come see us at these events!

Unread 01-15-2010, 11:13 AM   #166
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
You'd think he'd be able to figure that out by himself.
Maybe he's just not Savvy

1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:18 AM   #167
bairy
2006 LJ Wrangler 

........lol......
bairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:26 AM   #168
jvetter03
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Maybe its time to rename the company.....
1999 Wrangler- Locked 8.8, locked D-30, UCF Belly up, 35 Mud Kings on Crager Soft 8's, 4" SL, 2" BB, 1" MML, 1" BL, Adjustable UCA's, Adjustable LCA's, Terra SYE, DC-DS, Smittybilt Tube Fenders, Quick Disco's, Rhino Lined Tub, Neoprene Seats, Marine radio/CB, 4 KC's, Smittybilt XR8[/COLOR]
jvetter03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #169
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Show me one post where I've pitched Vanco stuff. Just one Joe, and since you seem to think that there are at least 4000 of them, it shouldn't be hard. Now go fetch.
Quote:
Gotta sell those Vanco's brakes somehow.
Quote:
Thanks for noticing. I've seen another set-up, but have been unable to find it since and I stupidly didn't save the link to it, but it was 2200 dollars and used a bracket behind the unitbearing which I wouldn't be comfortable with for many reasons. Van's stuff is a bargain in comparison.
Quote:
That braking is readily available from Van. Toss on the 16" kit, add his hydroboost with the 1" master and you will be blown away at how great the brakes are.
Quote:
If you can easily lock them up, there's not a whole bunch of reasons to spring for the Vancos other than the longevity, wear, and pedal response answers I posted above.
Quote:
Don't order anything until you talk to Van. I'd be very surprised if your actual list looks anything like what you've posted here unless you're running much larger tires than 35's.
Quote:
then you'll know exactly why every one wishes they had her brakes and why yours suck.
Quote:
There's a few rigs running around SoCal that have better brakes than any other TJ's out there. I helped design and build the brakes for them with Van from Vanco. 2 of them I was able to go all out on and my wife happens to drive one of them, Gerald on here (provelogear) drives another.

If my head is swollen, it's from it bouncing off the inside of the windshield when I have to do a panic stop.

Quote:
Van won't sell you anything you don't need and is more than helpful on the phone. Just call and quit worrying your pretty little head over it.

I'm sure there are 1000s more, but my point is clearly proven.
jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:36 AM   #170
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Savvy is not a huge company with a research and development department and a sales team and a billing department, shipping department and 30 guys working there. It's a couple of guys that know there stuff that's trying to get a company started while maintaining there lives.

They could easily sell there skid right now and get a bunch of complaints because it's not ready yet. A lot of companies do it, they gain capital and are able to produce a better product.

Savvy is trying to do it right the first time, I think it's a good call, from what I've seen and heard so far there "system" will be pretty slick.

There's not 1 single tummy tuck, or suspension lift, or any other jeep part that will work for everyone, that's why there's so many companies that each make a different variation of the same part.

Oh and yeah Blaine is a big jerk blah blah everyone knows that, it's just how he is and he's not going anywhere so we can either deal with it or leave.

Do I like Blaine? No

Do I respect him? Without a doubt, he knows his stuff and I agree with 95% of what he has to say. If I ever meet him I'm going to call him an A-hole then tell him how much I like his work.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:43 AM   #171
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
You'd think he'd be able to figure that out by himself.
Maybe i should start selling jeep parts on here. I'll just pitch the company that i am part of and helped develop, but i won't give prices online. Way to beat the system blaine, you cheap bastartd. Keep pitching your junk and suckering the sheep into following your every word.
jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:56 AM   #172
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

The issue is not releasing a product that is not ready. They are under no obligation to release anything, ever. In addition it doesnt matter if its one guy in a studio apartment or 10,000 employees at offices nationwide if your going to run a business then the consumer is going to have wants and needs that WILL be addressed properly or that consumer WILL go elsewhere. How that specific issue is addressed is crucial to a businesses success. You can do everything in your power to address those wants and needs in an acceptable fashion or you can say this is how it is take it or leave it.

Who do you want to give your money to? Its just business.
rsbmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:57 AM   #173
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm failing to understand the hostility towards blaine here. First and foremost, blaine is very knowledgeable and does excellent work. He also helps people on the forums. That alone should command respect. He may not be as "direct" as some and that's fine with me. I appreciate his attitude and sense of humor. As far as I'm concerned, most of us are men here. If you can't take a little sarcasm and smartass comments, go hang out on pirate then come back.

As far as Savvy goes, blaine can run it however he wants and until any of you come out with better products, you have no place to give advice about how he handles his company, his products, or his promotion for other products. I'm sure he doesn't agree with many of your comments, as well.

I don't own any Savvy products and I likely won't be buying the TT "kit" due to the fact that I'm interested in a flat skid, that's it. I'm comfortable doing the other modifications to make room myself. With that said, I'm sure the kit will rock for those of you that buy it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 12:17 PM   #174
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

I don't think I have read a post in this thread where anyone has told anyone how to run their company or a company. In my posts I simply stated some simple common sense principles as they relate to business. As has already been stated this is a forum, an open forum where people can discuss or share whatever they like so long as its done in a civil manner. Now if you operate a business common sense would dicate you need to TRY to keep those customers happy. Certainly you cant please everyone but if you dont try you wont please anyone and you wont be in business. Thats just common sense. No hostility involved just matter of fact.

I have already purchased savvy products and would like to purchase more. I don't design jeep products and have no desire too. Thats why I look towards other companies such as savvy to provide products at a fair price that will fill my needs as a consumer. That said there is more to filling a consumers needs than simply bringing a good product to market.
rsbmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:06 PM   #175
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I had to guess, I would say that the welds that hold the crossmember to the skid are spool gun and the corners are Tig.
Precisely, it has been confirmed my the manufacturer. I could tell that the crossmember were for sure mig because of the little crater or pit at the end of the weld. Now that I look at the corners closely, it is clearly tig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:37 PM   #176
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

mrblaine, keep doing what your doing. Your going to anyways, all the stuff you have come out with or help develop is better than anything else on the market, so I donít care if you have a vendor account on here, Gerald does and thatís good enough for me since you donít advertise on here.

mrblaine refers to van's brakes, and tells people to talk to van. He has never tried to sell anything on here, because he canít. He doesnít work for Van, so selling Van's parts would be impossible.

Get over the mrblaine has a crappy attitude or whatever your beef is, taking it to PM is a bad idea too. He isnít nice here, and he's not nice there either. Grow up, take the sarcasm and rudeness like a man.

I work in a machine shop, you let it roll off of you, or you find a new job. Maybe if you cant take it, find a new forum, like someone suggested earlier, try pirate4x4. You'll be back here pretty quick!

I am waiting on savvy's TT, I have held off on all mods in hopes to do "all" of it at once, if I get 3 inches of skid clearance, I wouldnít need a bigger lift, so ill wait on everything.

If the money is burning a hole in your pocket, donate it to mrblaines jeepforum account; maybe he will become a vendor that way!!
Blaine asked me before we left camp if I'd ever been wheeling before, I said "sure, of course I have"... about 50 feet onto the trail, he said "Wade, you f'in lied to me, you've never been WHEELING before"... I think he was right! :rofl:

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts, poolball shifters, tierod flip kits

My Goodyear tire experience
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:44 PM   #177
mrblaine
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Gotta sell those Vanco's brakes somehow.

Put that in context and and anyone can clearly see I was being facetious.

Quote:
Thanks for noticing. I've seen another set-up, but have been unable to find it since and I stupidly didn't save the link to it, but it was 2200 dollars and used a bracket behind the unitbearing which I wouldn't be comfortable with for many reasons. Van's stuff is a bargain in comparison.

That was in a thread about the cost of alternative brakes. How is comparing prices as me pitching?

Quote:
That braking is readily available from Van. Toss on the 16" kit, add his hydroboost with the 1" master and you will be blown away at how great the brakes are.

Again, context. If the thread was someone asking a question I know the answer to, should I not give it?

Quote:
If you can easily lock them up, there's not a whole bunch of reasons to spring for the Vancos other than the longevity, wear, and pedal response answers I posted above.

Did you even read that one? There's no reason to buy the Vancos if you can lock them up other than the reasons I listed. Poor sales pitch if you ask me.

Quote:
Don't order anything until you talk to Van. I'd be very surprised if your actual list looks anything like what you've posted here unless you're running much larger tires than 35's.

Again, in context someone was trying to put together a list and had way too much stuff on it. Should I have told him to place the order, get it all messed up and then deal with the mess?

Quote:
then you'll know exactly why every one wishes they had her brakes and why yours suck.

Likely me offering someone a test drive because they thought their brakes were good.

Quote:
There's a few rigs running around SoCal that have better brakes than any other TJ's out there. I helped design and build the brakes for them with Van from Vanco. 2 of them I was able to go all out on and my wife happens to drive one of them, Gerald on here (provelogear) drives another.

If my head is swollen, it's from it bouncing off the inside of the windshield when I have to do a panic stop.

I build awesome brakes. I got the parts from Van for those and said so. Do you want me to lie about where I get my parts?

Quote:
Van won't sell you anything you don't need and is more than helpful on the phone. Just call and quit worrying your pretty little head over it.

Again, another question about what was needed. Put it in context.

If your point is clearly proven, take it up with Keith who owns the board. If I'm out of bounds and given the fact that his and my relationship is not exactly stellar, I'm sure he'll set me straight.

At some point folks would rather have information from someone who knows the product, than not. If that's not the case, I'm certain I'm able to keep that info to myself and just let Van deal with it. Something which I'm more than happy to do.
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:46 PM   #178
-dirt-
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Ok, we've had 2 pages of bickering with very scant reference to tummy tucks.

Rubi - sorry to see this thread die like this. Some good info here.
Red Jeep Club Member #565
My Registry Profile

WTB: UnderCover Fab No-Body Lift Skid Plate
WTB: Rokmen or Currie Control Arms
↑ PM me!

Ever had Death Wobble? Please respond to the poll here!
-dirt- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #179
mrblaine
Web Wheeler

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubidriver View Post
Precisely, it has been confirmed my the manufacturer. I could tell that the crossmember were for sure mig because of the little crater or pit at the end of the weld. Now that I look at the corners closely, it is clearly tig.
Regardless, it's nice work and something they should be quite happy with. If I got that type of work (which I usually do) out of our fab shop, I certainly not be complaining.
Unread 01-15-2010, 01:47 PM   #180
rubidriver
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lets get back on topic guys. This thread was meant to discuss tummy tucks, not to argue about other topics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigj1974 View Post
your money will go farther in College Station.
rubidriver is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.