So you want a Tummy Tuck... - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > So you want a Tummy Tuck...

Dan's Old as Dirt Birthday Sale!Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGGEARSHADE Pocket Tops in stock and available at ROCKRIDGE

Unread 01-15-2010, 07:39 AM   #151
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
We will have everything with the skid that it takes to do the job. Engine skid, belly skid, trans crossmember, exhaust relocation bracket, motor mount lift, and engine skid mount. Complete system that works together.
I'm assuming the parts will be available separately for those of us that don't need every component? And can you give any insight on if you'll be re-using the stock transmission mount or designing a low profile unit?

Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 07:54 AM   #152
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
I'm assuming the parts will be available separately for those of us that don't need every component?
I'm going to assume that you can remove parts and sell them, no?

I seriously doubt that any components you think will work, will actually do what I need them to.

For instance, the motor mounts will have to be raised a certain amount. You say you have a motor mount lift that you think should work, but does it have the mounting points for the front of the engine skid integrated into it?

Quote:
And can you give any insight on if you'll be re-using the stock transmission mount or designing a low profile unit?
It will be Savvy and therefore every possible advantage will be used to tuck everything up where it goes.
Unread 01-15-2010, 08:12 AM   #153
LSU_TJ
TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The weldor has the welder set up pretty nicely and not that it makes enough difference for the folks here to understand, but the DIME thing is a function of how you Tig and is nice there but for the Mig, not so much.

Jeesh,,,,, it's a forum....

The welder was used nicely by the weldor welding the welds with a nice weldable material that has good weldability. And, stackin' em up like dimes is an expression....... But nice try. Boy you must be hoot around the house..........

LSU_TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 08:25 AM   #154
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_TJ View Post
Jeesh,,,,, it's a forum....

The welder was used nicely by the weldor welding the welds with a nice weldable material that has good weldability. And, stackin' em up like dimes is an expression....... But nice try. Boy you must be hoot around the house..........

I fully realize what the expression means, but it's become a method used by the uneducated to judge the quality of a weld. Even worse the so called "expression" has manifested itself into an entire tack tack tack welding method that novice weldors use to emulate what they perceive as a sound weld.

As far as your "Jeesh,,,,, it's a forum.... " BS. Fair enough. The next time I see a request from you for some serious information, I fully intend to give you an off the cuff answer that I hope you try and use. When it fails to provide the intended results, just remember, Jeesh,,,,, it's a forum.... "

Unread 01-15-2010, 08:31 AM   #155
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going to assume that you can remove parts and sell them, no?

I seriously doubt that any components you think will work, will actually do what I need them to.

For instance, the motor mounts will have to be raised a certain amount. You say you have a motor mount lift that you think should work, but does it have the mounting points for the front of the engine skid integrated into it?

It will be Savvy and therefore every possible advantage will be used to tuck everything up where it goes.
Fair enough. I'm looking forward to seeing these parts.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 08:54 AM   #156
burger3026
2005 TJ Wrangler 

so tell us, are we going to buy a savvy tt kit with a mml and a bl all together and only together? for those of us that already has a bl and mml, just tell us now so we'll stop waiting for this skid to come out. It's aready been 5 months and now i'm worried about the cost. if the only way to get it is to buy stuff I already have.
burger3026 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:02 AM   #157
LSU_TJ
TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The next time I see a request from you for some serious information, I fully intend to give you an off the cuff answer that I hope you try and use.

Instead just remember if I ever request serious information it's not directed to you.

At least you're a great PR guy.

Taken to PM

Unread 01-15-2010, 09:17 AM   #158
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU_TJ View Post
Instead just remember if I ever request serious information it's not directed to you.

At least you're a great PR guy.

Taken to PM

Did you just crawl out from under a rock? Look around, I've never been a great PR guy, that's Gerald's job. I'm not good with people, I'm cranky, opinionated, grumpy, and I don't care if I hurt your feelings. Therefore, I tend to stick to things I'm good at and being Mr. Feelgood when it comes to your feelings ain't it.
Unread 01-15-2010, 09:37 AM   #159
jgorm
Web Wheeler
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I've never been a great PR guy, that's Gerald's job. I'm not good with people, I'm cranky, opinionated, grumpy, and I don't care if I hurt your feelings.
90% of your 10K posts are pitching savvy and vanco parts. Now that's a savvy salesman. How do you get around the vendor status?
jgorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 10:17 AM   #160
emev0l
2001 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
90% of your 10K posts are pitching savvy and vanco parts. Now that's a savvy salesman. How do you get around the vendor status?
He doesn't sell directly threw his account, they sell threw provelogear's account.
1970 Cutlass 442 468CID TH400
1999 7.3 Powerstroke
emev0l is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 10:20 AM   #161
jvetter03
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, that aluminum skid by Undercover Fab is REALLY nice lookin.....I'll hopefully be able to purchase my skid in the next week....sure would be nice to compare it to that Savvy one.....if we ever see it.......
1999 Wrangler- Locked 8.8, locked D-30, UCF Belly up, 35 Mud Kings on Crager Soft 8's, 4" SL, 2" BB, 1" MML, 1" BL, Adjustable UCA's, Adjustable LCA's, Terra SYE, DC-DS, Smittybilt Tube Fenders, Quick Disco's, Rhino Lined Tub, Neoprene Seats, Marine radio/CB, 4 KC's, Smittybilt XR8[/COLOR]
jvetter03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 10:30 AM   #162
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgorm View Post
Show me one post where I've pitched Vanco stuff. Just one Joe, and since you seem to think that there are at least 4000 of them, it shouldn't be hard. Now go fetch.
Unread 01-15-2010, 10:32 AM   #163
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by emev0l View Post
He doesn't sell directly threw his account, they sell threw provelogear's account.
You'd think he'd be able to figure that out by himself.
Unread 01-15-2010, 10:39 AM   #164
rsbmg
2013 JK Wrangler 

There are many people who are interested in the savvy TT because of what little about it has already been released. In addition there are some concerns for those that have already invested in some of the parts which the kit may be providing. Now a company is certainly under no obligation to release any information to potential customers. Some may believe it may also be giving a heads up to its competitors, however in the interest of customer service, promotion, and business survivability it would seem that a company interested in selling products would give a more detailed heads up of things to come.

Other manufacturers and private folks for that matter are going to be quick to jump on the bandwagon. They are on these forums as well and see what folks are interested in getting. A company who puts a great deal of time and effort into producing the best products is always appreciated but I think its important to keep the consumer updated on exactly what they are waiting for. This product may not be the best for everyone and if someone waits for 6months for something they think is going to be a must have purchase only to find out its not for whatever reason that may turn someone off to the company as a whole.

I know I have certain modifications that I am goingto be doing to my jeep which require me to take things apart and install things a certain way. I do not like duplicating work and effort nor do I want to purchase things I dont need, cant use or are not going work with other products.

I have already purchased a savvy tank skid and in order to run it in its highest position a 1'' BL is needed. SO I bought one. Then I discovered a 1.25'' bodylift will be needed for the TT. So I returned the 1' BL. I emailed Gerald, he said wait because a bodylift will be provided. However in order to install my rear corners I need to remove components of the gas tank so that would be the time to do the skid as well but in order to run it at its highest position I need a BL so Gerald said I could purchase a 1.25'' BL and would be fine but now I find out the motor mounts I purchased in order to do the BL are probably not going to work with the skid.

So in all seriousness as a customer who wants to provide a new company with his hard earned dollars you can see the frustration beginning to develope. This is how companies get bad reputations and it boils down to communication.

You see threads all over asking legitimate questions such as when will LJ corners be offered? Questions about front and rear bumpers, tire carriers, the TT etc.... None of which ever seem to be fully addressed.

I am new to customizing my jeep and am trying to make the best most informed decisions I can about how to properly set up my jeep but in order to do that I need timely accurate information. I don't think anybody is asking for detailed plans on how the kit is manufacturered but a little information (preferably on the savvy site) would be greatly appreciated by those of us who would really like to support savvy by purchasing their products.

Many sites have a section where upcoming products are talked about what they are what they will do and why you should buy them or in some cases wait for them to be made, and of course when they are expected to be available. I think its good business and it would certainly be more effective than trying to field 50 questions on 12 different threads. Maybe even a blog of sorts.

Not telling anyone how to do business just giving my opinion as a consumer and customer.

Thanks

Rob
rsbmg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2010, 11:08 AM   #165
LSU_TJ
TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Did you just crawl out from under a rock? Look around, I've never been a great PR guy, that's Gerald's job. I'm not good with people, I'm cranky, opinionated, grumpy, and I don't care if I hurt your feelings. Therefore, I tend to stick to things I'm good at and being Mr. Feelgood when it comes to your feelings ain't it.

Boy that's telling me blaine........

Again, keeping it in the PM.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.