so stoked... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > so stoked...

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 10-06-2007, 06:10 PM   #1
DLWilson
2001 TJ Wrangler 

so stoked...

Bought my jeep TJ about a year ago and one of the "jeep" guys I worked with had told me it had a 35c rear. I believed him and spent the last year deciding what upgrade path I would take, build the 35 or buy an 8.8 or 44. Well last night I was perusing the FAQ section and looked at the axle pictures to verify what I had on my TJ. Found out I had a 44 rear!!! I feel like a kid in a candy store!! I must have crawled under the jeep 5 times last night just to verify..lol I emailed Jeep with my vin and they sent me the build sheet and verified my findings. I also didn't know I had the NV3550 HD trans either... Ok..im done gloating.... :-)

DLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 06:29 PM   #2
Sky Hye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Hahaha... You lucky SOB!!! I should crawl under mine and double check. Maybe the jeep fairy swapped it out for a geared and locked high pinion D60. Congrats though. One less thing to have to worry about.
Unread 10-06-2007, 06:48 PM   #3
xOakley
2005 WK 

haha i always sneeka peek under mine to see if some how it just magicly changed into a 44, im thinking about renting a wrangler every week till i get one with a 44 under and swap them out hahaha
xOakley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:32 PM   #4
EG00TJ
1993 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by baseboy391
haha i always sneeka peek under mine to see if some how it just magicly changed into a 44, im thinking about renting a wrangler every week till i get one with a 44 under and swap them out hahaha
that is some funny stuff

OP: Awesome to hear dude. Charish that.. lucky sob
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:42 PM   #5
bigchevyman24
2000 WJ 

wish I was that lucky...lol...about the rental idea...may just work...and I may just try LOL...

SOLD: 2000 WJ 2WD CONVERTED TO 4X4, 97 TJ ON 35'S, 95 XJ ON 33'S
bigchevyman24 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 07:53 PM   #6
Sky Hye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigchevyman24
wish I was that lucky...lol...about the rental idea...may just work...and I may just try LOL...
I heard of a few dudes gettin caught. Think twice.
Unread 10-06-2007, 08:12 PM   #7
TheMightyGoat
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been assuming I have a 35 because I can't tell the difference and the tag on the rear differential is unreadable. Maybe I'll get surprised one day, once I learn the difference between them.

Actually, I should figure out the difference next week when I change my pinion seal, since I bought the seal for a 35.
TheMightyGoat is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 08:38 PM   #8
DLWilson
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The FAQ has the link to Jeep. It allows you to send your vin to them for the original build sheet. They got back to me in one day. Sent them my vin last night and got it today around noon. About the Axel Fairy...I have been leaving a n old tooth under the jeep...finally paid off..lol
DLWilson is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #9
Q's jeep
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLWilson
The FAQ has the link to Jeep. It allows you to send your vin to them for the original build sheet. They got back to me in one day. Sent them my vin last night and got it today around noon. About the Axel Fairy...I have been leaving a n old tooth under the jeep...finally paid off..lol

That's friggin hilarious cuz Axle fairy just visited me today too and left me a D44.

I just bought my TJ from an older lady who had no clue about jeeps and hardly ever drove it. I didn't even know the bargain I got when I bought it.
Unread 10-06-2007, 09:10 PM   #10
lj_wil
ekorb mi

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Care to come crawl under my junk and check out my front d30?

Some pics
lj_wil is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:47 PM   #11
Tim70
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMightyGoat
I've been assuming I have a 35 because I can't tell the difference and the tag on the rear differential is unreadable. Maybe I'll get surprised one day, once I learn the difference between them.

Actually, I should figure out the difference next week when I change my pinion seal, since I bought the seal for a 35.
If it has a rubber fill plug, it's a 35.

Wish I had known about the rear end differences when I bought my Jeep.
Unread 10-06-2007, 10:55 PM   #12
BCwrangler
Long time Jeep fan

I sure drive a lot more civilized knowing that D35 is there.

Last edited by BCwrangler; 10-06-2007 at 11:10 PM..
BCwrangler is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2007, 02:23 AM   #13
ptowntj
2001 XJ Cherokee 

Congrats, my wallet wishes I was as lucky.
Unread 10-07-2007, 03:41 AM   #14
Roko
2005 TJ Wrangler 

It's awesome, eh? I had NO CLUE about Jeeps when I was buying mine the other year... I ended up getting a d44 in the package I picked without knowing it, then when I learned about the difference I checked and voila...

And the learning hasn't stopped.. It's amazing how much I've picked up in a year.. I love Jeeps!
Unread 10-07-2007, 09:34 AM   #15
LimeGreen
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I might be missing something cause I can't find that link. I clicked on the FAQ button next to the UserCP and nope no link. Tried looking for another FAQ. What's wrong with me? I would like to get the info on my TJ as well. Thanks in advance
LimeGreen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.