so i got a free DS for my SYE - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > so i got a free DS for my SYE

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO December Specials at Jeephut.com

Unread 03-11-2008, 08:16 PM   #1
jeepsteads
2005 LJ Wrangler 

so i got a free DS for my SYE

my driveshaft is the front shaft out of a durango i was planning on getting it cut down and balanced to use when i install my SYE my question is.... it only has 2.5" of slip in the shaft is this going to be enough.... i have seen some DS's with up to 4" of slip

any info would be great.

jeepsteads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:26 PM   #2
hscrugby
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I'd say yes.
Measure your suspension fully cycling,
(I took my springs out) and see.
I had remarkably less slip needed than I thought.
With that, (assuming 2.5 usable, not 2.5" and it falls apart) I'd say have just over an inch for compression, and about 1.4" for droop/slip.
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:27 PM   #3
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

make sure the cv has a centering ball
Unread 03-11-2008, 08:29 PM   #4
jeepsteads
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
I'd say yes.
Measure your suspension fully cycling,
(I took my springs out) and see.
I had remarkably less slip needed than I thought.
With that, (assuming 2.5 usable, not 2.5" and it falls apart) I'd say have just over an inch for compression, and about 1.4" for droop/slip.

ok ill do that tomorrow and check it out and no its not 2.5 and falls apart i dont think this shaft wants to fall apart haha

and yes it has a centering ball i tore it down today to check it out
jeepsteads is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.