Smoother ride - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Smoother ride

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-19-2006, 05:49 PM   #1
Thug Nasty

Smoother ride

What are some things i can do to make my jeep ride a little bit smoother. its got stock shocks and springs. i plan to swat them out with rubicon springs and hopefully some new shocks. will this help out any?

97' Blackie with 2.5 4 popper, 3 spd auto and 3.73's, tan top, half doors, tinted rears, 15 X 8 DC1's, 31X10.50 Baja Claws, 2" spacers with hydros, windshield lights (10$ specials), KC grilles so I can look rich, Chicago Electric REW9000 winch, Premier deck and front 5.25's- Xplod 6.5 in soundbar, cheapo discos, bored 4.0 TB and bored manifold, 4.0 intake, Fabtech steering box skidplate, aluminum radiator, 13.4 mpg
Thug Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 05:54 PM   #2
ChristopherJ
Resident Physician

2000 XJ Cherokee 

It's hard to beat the stock shocks, since yours are likely worn out. Some replacement stock shocks should do you right. You could go ahead and order a smooth riding lift like an Old Man Emu.
ChristopherJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:09 PM   #3
MCanavan

Get the OME 2.5" lift from DC4WD. Great deal, excellent lift.
MCanavan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:11 PM   #4
Windsor
Mobil 1, not Mobile 1

My buddy had an OME 2.5 HD installed on his previous TJ. He said it was anything but smooth in the back. I guess the HD and Nitro shocks can do that though... I'm running Skyjacker Hydro's and think it's smoother than stock. I would definitely buy them again.
Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shocks and steering stabilizer
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Tuffy glove box, full console
WARN D30 skid & Nth Degree Mobility oil pan skid
WARN front and rear Rock Crawler bumpers, winch plate and grill guard
WARN 9.5ti winch w/ Optima Blue Top D34M - X-Line rope & fairlead
KC Daylighter Slimlights on windshield
IPF H4 w/ FatBoy bulbs
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:12 PM   #5
MCanavan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windsor
My buddy had an OME 2.5 HD installed on his previous TJ. He said it was anything but smooth in the back. I guess the HD and Nitro shocks can do that though... I'm running Skyjacker Hydro's and think it's smoother than stock. I would definitely buy them again.
I'm sure a lot of people running the OME lift will disagree. The HD springs are no different from the LT and MD springs except that they don't sag as much. The ride quality is the same.
MCanavan is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 06:27 PM   #6
Windsor
Mobil 1, not Mobile 1

Yeah, I really don't know. I know most guys here love them. Just relaying some feedback that I've heard.
Skyjacker Hydro 7000 shocks and steering stabilizer
JKS Quicker Disconnects
Tuffy glove box, full console
WARN D30 skid & Nth Degree Mobility oil pan skid
WARN front and rear Rock Crawler bumpers, winch plate and grill guard
WARN 9.5ti winch w/ Optima Blue Top D34M - X-Line rope & fairlead
KC Daylighter Slimlights on windshield
IPF H4 w/ FatBoy bulbs
Windsor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:38 PM   #7
Thug Nasty

if i were to buy a lift, it would be a spacer lift definitely. so what kind of shocks are set really soft? is there a downside with soft shocks? would it be better to have firm shocks?
97' Blackie with 2.5 4 popper, 3 spd auto and 3.73's, tan top, half doors, tinted rears, 15 X 8 DC1's, 31X10.50 Baja Claws, 2" spacers with hydros, windshield lights (10$ specials), KC grilles so I can look rich, Chicago Electric REW9000 winch, Premier deck and front 5.25's- Xplod 6.5 in soundbar, cheapo discos, bored 4.0 TB and bored manifold, 4.0 intake, Fabtech steering box skidplate, aluminum radiator, 13.4 mpg
Thug Nasty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-19-2006, 09:46 PM   #8
Grandpa Jeeper
2002 TJ Wrangler 

If you can afford them the OME shocks are the best. If you are tight on cash go for the Skyjacker Hydro's.
Grandpa Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:25 AM   #9
humanheater
2005 LJ Wrangler 

For a softer ride adjust air pressure using the weight to psi method. Use this type of swaybar link then place your sway bar in a horizontal position and using a a few shock bushings attach like this:
[IMG][/IMG]
Adjust the tightness to suit your ride.
humanheater is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-02-2011, 11:29 AM   #10
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by humanheater View Post
For a softer ride ................
Welcome to J.F.
FYI ......... very old thread!

RJ
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.