Smittybilt XRC Fenders? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Smittybilt XRC Fenders?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #1
elcidsurfer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Smittybilt XRC Fenders?

I was checkin out the new Smittybilt XRC Fenders (Front and Rear) and I cant really tell on the websites (Quadratec or Smittybilt) if they are actually full replacement fenders or just add on flares? Do you just unbolt the front fenders and replace them or do you leave the stock fenders on, cut them all up and add the Smittybilt Fenders to the original stock. Also on the rear, do you pull off your old stock plastic fender flares and bolt on the new Smittybilts or is it a full blown new fender flare and wrap around rocker panel to cover the original tub and quarter panel?

elcidsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-01-2010, 09:51 PM   #2
Sgt.Fuzz
2001 TJ Wrangler 

The front tube fenders maintain the factory wheel-well. You place a template on your stock fender and hack it to pieces and the Smitty bolts on to it. As for the rear armor, the fenders and corner armor are seperate pieces. The flare(sold seperately) bolts to the corner armor.
Unread 05-02-2010, 10:44 AM   #3
elcidsurfer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gotcha, not sure if I wanna hack away at my stock fenders. Id rather just replace them so I could sell them and make some money back. Does any company make full on replacement tube fenders. I know TnT Customs does....
Unread 05-02-2010, 10:51 AM   #4
aaronelrod
1997 TJ Wrangler 

metalcloak. if you're selling the stock ones, it might take a sting out of the price of them as well. but i'm happy with my smitty fenders
aaronelrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-03-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
elcidsurfer
2005 TJ Wrangler 

As far as the rear fenders go, you have to buy the corner armor first and then the flare separate to bolt on? You cant just buy the flares and bolt them to a stock tub? If that is the case it's super misleading on quadratec and 4wd.com.....

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.