Skyjacker lift questions? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skyjacker lift questions?

JK Vent Covers - NalinMFGRing & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, BaTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Reply
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:11 AM   #31
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!
 
TheBoogieman's Avatar
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Charlottesville, Va
Posts: 27,711
Quote:
Originally Posted by McLovin View Post
If you want your axles centered buy adjustable track bars, track bar brackets are just a band aid.
Not true and the front track bar does perfectly fine with drilling a new hole (if you know what you're doing).

__________________
Quote:
When I had 3.07s I would draft behind birds as an attempt to do the speed limit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepsr4me View Post
Yeap its your nuts that giving you the trouble here...... Get the right ones
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 11:55 AM   #32
Imped
Web Wheeler
 
Imped's Avatar
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 19,258
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I added a 1.5" spacer on the low side and ..................NO DIFFERENCE!
I question your ability to use a tape measure.
__________________
OlllllllO
Float Test Build
IndyORV
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 12:12 PM   #33
FingerTight
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 16
If a nice ride is what you're after I can't recommend the OME springs / shocks enough. Picked these up from Rokmen a week or so ago and they've made a truly stunning difference in ride over the old RC set that was on there.
FingerTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 04:03 PM   #34
mnm99
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: miller place, ny
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerTight View Post
If a nice ride is what you're after I can't recommend the OME springs / shocks enough. Picked these up from Rokmen a week or so ago and they've made a truly stunning difference in ride over the old RC set that was on there.
What's your exact setup? Sway bar extensions? track bar ect...
mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:21 PM   #35
Bear6
Registered User
2001 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Bel Air, Md
Posts: 7
Does anyone know if you can pass inspection having more than one lift kit? I have a 4 inch suspension and 1 inch body. I'm being told this will not pass inspection in maryland.
Bear6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-14-2013, 06:50 PM   #36
tyvanwie
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Boone, North Carolina
Posts: 9,531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear6
Does anyone know if you can pass inspection having more than one lift kit? I have a 4 inch suspension and 1 inch body. I'm being told this will not pass inspection in maryland.
Dude, don't post this on every thread. Start your own.

Sent from my iForum using JeepPhone
__________________
[SIZE="4"][B][COLOR="Red"][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/tys-tj-1475530/#post14926343"]MY BUILD THREAD[/URL][/COLOR][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f374/tyvanwies-log-transformation-1489190/"]MY FITNESS LOG/TRANSFORMATION[/URL][/B][/SIZE]
[SIZE="4"][B][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f127/jk-tj-parts-1525039/"]JK AND TJ PARTS FOR SALE[/URL][/B][/SIZE]

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 10:23 AM   #37
FingerTight
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnm99

What's your exact setup? Sway bar extensions? track bar ect...
Part numbers for you
OME2934 front coils
OME2949 rear coils
OMEN66 front shock
OMEN67 rear shock

Stock sway bars, home brew (previous owner) front discos that look to be extended, not sure on rear sway connections (guessing the old RC lift had an extension), front track bar / steering look to be Currie setups (PO installed), rear track bar appears stock. Total lift is supposed to be ~ 2.5", frame is about 19" off the garage floor w/33s. I know Rokmen chose those springs based on the accessories (bumpers, winch, etc). Rides down the street like a cloud of marshmallows
FingerTight is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-15-2013, 01:44 PM   #38
mnm99
Registered User
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: miller place, ny
Posts: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by FingerTight View Post
Part numbers for you
OME2934 front coils
OME2949 rear coils
OMEN66 front shock
OMEN67 rear shock

Stock sway bars, home brew (previous owner) front discos that look to be extended, not sure on rear sway connections (guessing the old RC lift had an extension), front track bar / steering look to be Currie setups (PO installed), rear track bar appears stock. Total lift is supposed to be ~ 2.5", frame is about 19" off the garage floor w/33s. I know Rokmen chose those springs based on the accessories (bumpers, winch, etc). Rides down the street like a cloud of marshmallows
Post some pictures! Please...
mnm99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-20-2013, 05:51 PM   #39
FingerTight
Registered User
2003 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 16
image-4234195804.jpg



image-930188210.jpg



image-3159234328.jpg



image-949770038.jpg
FingerTight is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.