Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Skyjacker lift

883 views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Rubie Tuesday 
#1 ·
Is anyone here using the Skyjacker double flex 4 inch?
Part # TJCR40RRK-DX
Or any double flex system with the Heim style joints?

#2 ·
I have the 4 inch standard kit. I have been very happy with it so far. On this forum you wont hear a single good thing about Skyjacker except for a few people. I have heard that the heim style joints wear out really fast. Go with the standard and buy adjustable arms from a different company. I am going to get the nth degree mobility adjustable uppers.

#3 ·
Never used it but I hear they make horrible TJ kits. Go with something like RE. :thumbsup:

#5 ·
Rubiconman said:
Most folks point me in the direction of RE, 4.5 with the 3.5 springs. I don't have a ton of $$ for a long arm.
Not all RE is longarm. Check out the superflex kits. What is your budget?

#9 ·
heims do wear faster with street use. They are not very pavement-friendly and I've had to go through 3 heims just on the trackbar. If you have a trail only vehicle, then heims will suit you fine. You get some nasty flex out of those. Skyjacker kits are good quality and I have not had a problem with mine. Beating out a RE 3.5" kit with my sky 2.5" on the rti ramp sealed the deal. I won't go with any other. If it functions right, it works for me ;)

Their customer service is great as well (in my experience).

Don't listen to people hammer down skyjacker if they don't even run the kit themselves.

#10 ·
I have run a few Skyjacker components in the past...

When comparing them to the alternatives, I don't think there's ONE thing Skyjacker does that I prefer over the competition.

In my opinion, the kits aren't as well thought out as the competition and the quality of materials sucks.

Spend some time and research the down-sides of all the companies out there and figure out what you want. You don't need to go with just one company too, you could run a mix of RE and JKS components for example and have a very nicely set up Jeep...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.