Skyjacker Hydro 7000 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skyjacker Hydro 7000

Trick Tabs - NalinMFG.comWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORClayton Off Road XJ Long Arm Suspension Systems!

Unread 07-21-2010, 11:04 AM   #1
yinzerr8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Skyjacker Hydro 7000

Hey all, basic question;

I've got a 0" lift 2006 TJ ~ 55k miles. I decided it was time to change out the blown out stock shocks with a new set of Skyjacker's Hydros due to the $35 rebate offer they were having & quadratec was pimping a couple months ago.

Anyways, front install went well, stupid PA winters ensured that a can of PB Blaster was well used to soak in everything, when it came to the back, despite liberal amounts I snapped a bolt off on the driver side rear. The passenger rear went on without issue, I had to drill out the driver side rear and dropped down two bolts to replace the broken bolt.

In any event, I've been noticing that the ride in the front is fantastic, but in the rear it feels like I'm jumping all over the place whenever I hit a bump, almost like the spring is the only thing holding me down.

At first I thought it might be due me maybe mounting the shock upside down? However looking @ Quadratec's product page, I have the rear's mounted & lined up in a similar manner (tube facing the top)

Any Ideas?

yinzerr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 09:31 AM   #2
Dsdbergeron03
2012 JK Wrangler 

I just installed the 2" budget lift with hydro 7000's on my 2000 TJ and after about a week, I don't know if I'm happy with the ride. You feel every bump in the road. Thinking about changing them out already.
Dsdbergeron03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-28-2010, 10:55 AM   #3
jonesy02
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thats the same experience i'm having with them.
Going to replace coils and get real shocks in a few weeks hopefully.
What can you expect for $100 for 4 shocks?
Unread 09-28-2010, 11:06 AM   #4
ytowntj
1999 TJ Wrangler 

The hydros are meant to be mounted can down for both front and rear. If you have the rear mounted can up (it sounds as you may have?) then they will ride terrible and leak.

I've had them for almost 2 years on my Tj and they have performed ok. For the 70 dollars I paid for them I can't complain. I will be going to Bilstein 5100s after these wear out.
ytowntj is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skyjacker , hyrdo 7000 , shock , stock , install , installation , tj , wrangler

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.