Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner
5K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  ytowntj 
#1 ·
Hey all, basic question;

I've got a 0" lift 2006 TJ ~ 55k miles. I decided it was time to change out the blown out stock shocks with a new set of Skyjacker's Hydros due to the $35 rebate offer they were having & quadratec was pimping a couple months ago.

Anyways, front install went well, stupid PA winters ensured that a can of PB Blaster was well used to soak in everything, when it came to the back, despite liberal amounts I snapped a bolt off on the driver side rear. The passenger rear went on without issue, I had to drill out the driver side rear and dropped down two bolts to replace the broken bolt.

In any event, I've been noticing that the ride in the front is fantastic, but in the rear it feels like I'm jumping all over the place whenever I hit a bump, almost like the spring is the only thing holding me down.

At first I thought it might be due me maybe mounting the shock upside down? :confused: However looking @ Quadratec's product page, I have the rear's mounted & lined up in a similar manner (tube facing the top)

Any Ideas?

See less See more
#4 ·
The hydros are meant to be mounted can down for both front and rear. If you have the rear mounted can up (it sounds as you may have?) then they will ride terrible and leak.

I've had them for almost 2 years on my Tj and they have performed ok. For the 70 dollars I paid for them I can't complain. I will be going to Bilstein 5100s after these wear out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.