Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueBlack Friday SALE! Up to 20% off at Diode Dynamics!Metalcloak's Black Friday & Small Business Saturday Sa

Unread 07-22-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
JeepJeep04
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks

Does anyone know anything about this lift? We have a 2003 Jeep Sport we are looking to lift. Planning on putting on some 33s.

Skyjacker Suspension TJ403BPHX - Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks for 03-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

If this is not a good lift to go with, then what are some recommendations? We had also thought of doing a 3" suspension and a 1" body lift.

JeepJeep04 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 01:31 AM   #2
bojang
2005 TJ Wrangler 

No. As a general rule of thumb, stay away from anything with skyjacker on it.
There are better options available, for around the same money or even less, that are better quality lift kits.
What are you planning to do with your jeep? That would help a ton, as would filling out your profile.

Freedom from nags, cranks, government, do-gooders, control-freaks and idiots is all that I ask for.

Never trust a lumpy fart.
bojang is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 06:43 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

The shocks are very good and inexpensive.I would go with a 2.5-3" SL and a 1" BL for 33's and way less problems and parts.Try RC,Zone also.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:07 AM   #4
fang_x
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i had a similar kit installed on my jeep, it was fine. great for the price. Offroad it performed well. Much better then stock.. I dont know why people are hate ing on Skyjacker ?
fang_x is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:30 AM   #5
Jetscuh
O rly?

I had a 4 inch Skyjacker suspension in my TJ for a couple of years. It wasn't bad. I think the Hydro shocks are a good bang for the buck.

The only think I'd recommend is repainting the shocks or adding some more clear coat because the paint Skyjacker uses isn't the most durable. This goes for lower control arm paint (mine peeled off) too. I do live in the rust belt so it might be a little worse up here but a couple cans of paint and an hour of your time isn't so bad.

I do think with Skyjacker it's getting to the point where you're just paying for the name. They could stand to upgrade a few things. I'd keep it on your list and shop around. Just to ensure you're getting the best quality for the amount of money you want to spend.

If I were to do a 4 inch short arm suspension again, I'd probably look into going with Currie.
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:31 AM   #6
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fang_x View Post
i had a similar kit installed on my jeep, it was fine. great for the price. Offroad it performed well. Much better then stock.. I dont know why people are hate ing on Skyjacker ?
The same reason that they hate on RC,they've never owned the lift.
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:37 AM   #7
Jetscuh
O rly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
The same reason that they hate on RC,they've never owned the lift.
In certain cases, you don't have to own the lift to know how well or how poor it operates.

Sometimes it can be seen just by evaluating the components, type of material used and the geometry of the design.
Jetscuh is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 07:53 AM   #8
RowJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

My TJ has a 2.5" Sjyjacket lift and I'm pleased.
I have not owned it long but the lift has thousands of miles on it. I've looked it over carefully and it appears to be good quality and holding up well.

I do know the Shyjacker lifts on heavier, 4 ton, vehicles (Dodge diesel P/U's) do not hold up well under racing/towing conditions.... but I can see nothing negative to report on their lifts for a 2 ton Jeep. Looks to me like they have that package figured out.

Skyjacker prices are higher, but I don't know enough about other lifts to know if there is higher quality??

RJ
RowJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 08:11 AM   #9
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetscuh View Post
In certain cases, you don't have to own the lift to know how well or how poor it operates.

Sometimes it can be seen just by evaluating the components, type of material used and the geometry of the design.
Sometimes people just repeat what they've heard.
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:18 AM   #10
longbluerubi
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have skyjacker 2" coil spacer and hyrdo 7000 shocks. Was on the jeep when I bought it. They seem to be doing OK, have been offroad a few times, no problems. The shock casing is pitting as mentioned earlier. When I replace/go higher I probably won't use skyjacker though.
1" BL, JKS adj front & rear trackbars, JKS discos
33" BFG A/T
longbluerubi is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:21 AM   #11
jeepinmichguy_
I haz ah Geep

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Sometimes people just repeat what they've heard.
no, not on jf......

Quote:
Jeepinmichguy is a jerk.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
How about this, if you had the Jeep Spirit, you wouldn't abuse the rest of us trying to enjoy a nice day out wheeling by bringing your brokeass broken down junkyard crap out to play where it can't handle it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepForum123 View Post
you all have nice rigs, stop being f****** a**holes.
jeepinmichguy_ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-23-2010, 10:43 AM   #12
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ View Post
no, not on jf......
Shocking,isn't it.

Tags
skyjacker , lift kit , TJ , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.