JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   TJ Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/)
-   -   Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/skyjacker-4-value-flex-sport-lift-kit-hydro-shocks-1074386/)

JeepJeep04 07-22-2010 02:19 PM

Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks

Does anyone know anything about this lift? We have a 2003 Jeep Sport we are looking to lift. Planning on putting on some 33s.

Skyjacker Suspension TJ403BPHX - Skyjacker 4" Value Flex Sport Lift Kit with Hydro Shocks for 03-06 Jeep® Wrangler TJ & Unlimited - Quadratec

If this is not a good lift to go with, then what are some recommendations? We had also thought of doing a 3" suspension and a 1" body lift.

bojang 07-23-2010 01:31 AM

No. As a general rule of thumb, stay away from anything with skyjacker on it.
There are better options available, for around the same money or even less, that are better quality lift kits.
What are you planning to do with your jeep? That would help a ton, as would filling out your profile.

TheBoogieman 07-23-2010 06:43 AM

The shocks are very good and inexpensive.I would go with a 2.5-3" SL and a 1" BL for 33's and way less problems and parts.Try RC,Zone also.

fang_x 07-23-2010 07:07 AM

i had a similar kit installed on my jeep, it was fine. great for the price. Offroad it performed well. Much better then stock.. I dont know why people are hate ing on Skyjacker ?

Jetscuh 07-23-2010 07:30 AM

I had a 4 inch Skyjacker suspension in my TJ for a couple of years. It wasn't bad. I think the Hydro shocks are a good bang for the buck.

The only think I'd recommend is repainting the shocks or adding some more clear coat because the paint Skyjacker uses isn't the most durable. This goes for lower control arm paint (mine peeled off) too. I do live in the rust belt so it might be a little worse up here but a couple cans of paint and an hour of your time isn't so bad.

I do think with Skyjacker it's getting to the point where you're just paying for the name. They could stand to upgrade a few things. I'd keep it on your list and shop around. Just to ensure you're getting the best quality for the amount of money you want to spend.

If I were to do a 4 inch short arm suspension again, I'd probably look into going with Currie.

TheBoogieman 07-23-2010 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fang_x (Post 9836494)
i had a similar kit installed on my jeep, it was fine. great for the price. Offroad it performed well. Much better then stock.. I dont know why people are hate ing on Skyjacker ?

The same reason that they hate on RC,they've never owned the lift.:)

Jetscuh 07-23-2010 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 9836566)
The same reason that they hate on RC,they've never owned the lift.:)

In certain cases, you don't have to own the lift to know how well or how poor it operates.

Sometimes it can be seen just by evaluating the components, type of material used and the geometry of the design.

RowJ 07-23-2010 07:53 AM

My TJ has a 2.5" Sjyjacket lift and I'm pleased.
I have not owned it long but the lift has thousands of miles on it. I've looked it over carefully and it appears to be good quality and holding up well.

I do know the Shyjacker lifts on heavier, 4 ton, vehicles (Dodge diesel P/U's) do not hold up well under racing/towing conditions.... but I can see nothing negative to report on their lifts for a 2 ton Jeep. Looks to me like they have that package figured out.

Skyjacker prices are higher, but I don't know enough about other lifts to know if there is higher quality??

RJ

TheBoogieman 07-23-2010 08:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jetscuh (Post 9836579)
In certain cases, you don't have to own the lift to know how well or how poor it operates.

Sometimes it can be seen just by evaluating the components, type of material used and the geometry of the design.

Sometimes people just repeat what they've heard.:shhh:

longbluerubi 07-23-2010 10:18 AM

I have skyjacker 2" coil spacer and hyrdo 7000 shocks. Was on the jeep when I bought it. They seem to be doing OK, have been offroad a few times, no problems. The shock casing is pitting as mentioned earlier. When I replace/go higher I probably won't use skyjacker though.

jeepinmichguy_ 07-23-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheBoogieman (Post 9836713)
Sometimes people just repeat what they've heard.:shhh:

no, not on jf......:teehee:

TheBoogieman 07-23-2010 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeepinmichguy_ (Post 9837277)
no, not on jf......:teehee:

Shocking,isn't it.:D

The time now is 10:18 AM.