skyjacker 4" economy lift vs rough country 4" - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > skyjacker 4" economy lift vs rough country 4"

OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!Alloy USA and Posi-Lok Cable Axle Disconnect Kits Dana 30 Spartan Locker Special Forum Prices Dana 30 44 60 Ford 8.8

Unread 08-29-2010, 05:19 PM   #1
falvo16
1997 TJ Wrangler 

skyjacker 4" economy lift vs rough country 4"

hey i was wondering if anyone had experiance with these lifts could tell me which they would go with. its a differance of 40 dollars skyjacker being higher. would i need anything else with either of these lifts?

falvo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 05:26 PM   #2
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well i have the RC "X" kit(4in), and love it, and RC customer servise is top notch and i will guarente you will not see that from SJ. If your looking at the economy lift i would advise you to wait a little bit longer and save,yes i know that sucks, and i know MY RC kit is not the best but it is complete(unlike either of the econo lifts) and the parts are beefy and tough, and i know it will be here for a long time, and RC will back me up, either of the brands higher end kits are good,IMO, and the kit i have is RC higher end kit

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 05:58 PM   #3
falvo16
1997 TJ Wrangler 

so the rc kit you dont need anything besides the kit?
falvo16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #4
Jeepzcb09
1998 TJ Wrangler 

well you will need at SYE/CV,on there web site, or a Tranfer-case drop, im using the T-case drop for now

Believe.
Jeepzcb09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2010, 06:35 PM   #5
TeeJay00
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I have the Skyjacker 4" standard lift kit which I think is the same only they used to call it that three years ago when I got it.

It's got everything you need in the box... I didn't have to get a single nut from another place.

And I have helped install the RC 3.75" lift kit on a friend's TJ a few months ago. Other than the re-use of your OEM lower control arms, I would say it is also complete.

I personally would go for the Skyjacker again if I had to. I have been beating the hell out of it wheeling for three years and going on the fourth and it hasn't sagged, broke or anything

However, the RC lift kit has a much more softer ride than the Skyjacker's.

Hope this helps
TeeJay00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
skyjacker , rough country , suspension , lift

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.