Skyjacker 2'' BB questions - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skyjacker 2'' BB questions

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-18-2011, 04:31 PM   #1
BMTH2010
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Skyjacker 2'' BB questions

Just picked up a Skyjacker 2'' BB with Hydros for a great price. Going to be installing it one my newly purchased 06 LJ Rubi. The recommended tire size is a 32 but I've seen a few different members running 33s and 285s with similar lifts. I would like 285s so my question is what do I need to do to make this happen?

BMTH2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 04:36 PM   #2
threeb
Web Wheeler

2004 LJ Wrangler 

The 2" will house 33s. If you plan on off roading I would add a 1" body lift and make sure you have proper bump stomps.
LJ Owners Group member #431.
threeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:11 PM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Do a 1.25" BL.A 2" lift isn't enough for 33's if you drive it out of the mall parking lot.
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:30 PM   #4
BMTH2010
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I've been looking into the JKS 1.25'' BL and MML. Seen any on sale anywhere?
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:38 PM   #5
Jasons4x4
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Do you have stock wheels? If so you will have rubbing issues during cornering. I had 32x11.5x15 tires on a 2" budget lift and had slight rubbing on the swaybars when the steering wheel was cut all the way one way or the other but had no problems with the tires getting into the fenders on or off road (note I did not have swaybar disconnects at the time). If you don't have swaybar disconnects you might be able to get away without rubbing/clearance issues in the fenders but I'm not 100% sure. You can clear the swaybar rubbing issues by either installing wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with more offset. You could also run the 1.25" body lift as mentioned before if you're afraid of destroying your fenders, plus the BL gives you room for a tummy tuck down the line.
Jasons4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:42 PM   #6
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasons4x4 View Post
Do you have stock wheels? If so you will have rubbing issues during cornering. I had 32x11.5x15 tires on a 2" budget lift and had slight rubbing on the swaybars when the steering wheel was cut all the way one way or the other but had no problems with the tires getting into the fenders on or off road (note I did not have swaybar disconnects at the time). If you don't have swaybar disconnects you might be able to get away without rubbing/clearance issues in the fenders but I'm not 100% sure. You can clear the swaybar rubbing issues by either installing wheel spacers or aftermarket wheels with more offset. You could also run the 1.25" body lift as mentioned before if you're afraid of destroying your fenders, plus the BL gives you room for a tummy tuck down the line.

The BL will help keep wheels out of fenders but it doesn't do anything for the swaybar (or control arm) rub that comes from the wider tire.
Unread 09-18-2011, 05:48 PM   #7
BMTH2010
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Running Moabs. Wheel spacers?

Tags
lj , rubicon , skyjacker

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.