Skid Plates - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skid Plates

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 06-21-2004, 07:25 AM   #1
blackrubi

Skid Plates

I was looking for some suggestions on various skid plates for my 04 Rubicon with a RE 3.5 SF lift.

1. Lower control arms
2. Steering box
3. Differential

Thank you everyone in advance

blackrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2004, 08:55 AM   #2
KRAMONUT

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackrubi
I was looking for some suggestions on various skid plates for my 04 Rubicon with a RE 3.5 SF lift.

1. Lower control arms
2. Steering box
3. Differential

Thank you everyone in advance

LCA's:

Can you weld? If so there's a few companies that sell them real cheap $30 +/- that you can weld on yourselfAFM LCA SKIDS

If welding is not an option, SkidRow make bolt-on LCA skids for stock & aftermarket arms.

Steering skid:

I have the Warn, cheap & works good, contact Bob Supplee for a good deal. Most of them are pretty much the same; Kilby, SkidRow, Warn etc. Currie makes one too. I'd avoid the Tera unless theyve changed the mounting design. Real P.I.T.A. trying to get the bolt in the frame.

Diffs:

I have Dubzfab Rock Rings front & rear. He only makes them in batches, but the prices are good & the gaurds are strong. Lots of options here as well. Ive heard some good feedback on the Warn diff skids, reasonably priced & pretty tough. There's a bunch more that are real beefy but at a higher price tag, i.e. Crane.
KRAMONUT is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.