Skid plate opinions... - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Skid plate opinions...

New DEAL OF THE WEEK at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 10-30-2010, 01:58 AM   #1
Jeepist
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Skid plate opinions...

Here's the deal...I finally bought myself a "real" jeep. I had been driving a '96 ZJ and I decided to upgrade cause it frankly was cursed. Any who, I purchased an '04 LJ and have completely caught the jeep bug... Well I was wheeling it up at pea**** flats(I am stationed in Hawaii) and "tapped" the transfer case skid plate. It is now gently touching the transfer case. Does anyone have an opinion(lol what jeeper doesent) on what brand or brands I should procure to up-armor my baby. I am not technically savvy enough to build my own.

Jeepist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 02:10 AM   #2
jdhallissey
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Undercover Fab I have there ultra slim. Amazing price and works extremely well, I have only rubbed it once maybe twice. ( I was trying to hit it -- extremely hard to do)
jdhallissey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 02:52 AM   #3
alecmcmahon

You'll most likely hear alot of people recommend savvy products, but i think you need to have a 2003+ TJ with auto transmission. This is nice because it's very light weight and nearly flat against the frame rails. Savvy makes a good product, i own a bunch of their other armor.

Under Armor 2003+ Auto Transmission

Personally I went with the Rokmen tummy tuck, It's made of steel but not extraordinarily heavy. I've given it a beating and it's in good shape. Of course you'll get large scratches and gouges going over the rocks with any skid, and if you want to avoid rust you should get down there with some spray paint and cover the bare metal ( as you should with any steel skid )

Rokmen Gear Up....Rok On
Unread 10-30-2010, 03:46 AM   #4
Jeepist
2004 LJ Wrangler 

thanks for the replies gents, has anyone used the Clayton Offroad skids, or heard anything at all?
Jeepist is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:26 AM   #5
crusher242
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Don't know much about the Clayton skids. I Have The UFC skid and I couldn't be happier. No more digging into dirt piles for me.
Unread 10-30-2010, 05:29 AM   #6
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

here's everything you need to know:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/so...y-tuck-942018/
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lj , skid plate , upgrade

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.