Side marker light help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Side marker light help

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-09-2010, 02:35 PM   #1
DirtFarmer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Side marker light help

One of the front side lampholders/pigtails/whatever it is called on my TJ is corroded so bad that the copper connectors are completely gone so the bulb won't work.

I have searched and found that other people have had this problem, but the answer was always find one at a junkyard or buy the wiring harness.
The problem is there are no junkyards around here that have any jeeps, and I am not paying $600 for a wiring harness for one pigtail.

Somebody must know of a place to buy these or a way to make it work; fixing a light should not be this complicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

06 TJ Rubicon - Daily driver.
95 YJ - Farm Jeep (also my first Jeep)

-My family has owned several other Jeeps through the years as I was growing up...The neighbors call us "The Jeep People"-
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 02:40 PM   #2
Zakman
A locked & armored Sport

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was in the same situation myself last year.
No junkyards, dealer couldn't locate one, etc.

I ended up finding some on e-bay. Set of 2, with lenses for around $75.
Had to splice in the "new" sockets.

Good luck.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z...-sport-671095/
Zakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 02:49 PM   #3
DirtFarmer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
I was in the same situation myself last year.
No junkyards, dealer couldn't locate one, etc.

I ended up finding some on e-bay. Set of 2, with lenses for around $75.
Had to splice in the "new" sockets.

Good luck.
I think I found them on e-bay motors, I really didn't want to pay $75 for what should be a $5 part, but I guess that is better than $600 for the wiring harness.

Although, if they are able to sell that set, that must mean that someone is making the pigtails, so I would think it should be possible to buy one somewhere.

06 TJ Rubicon - Daily driver.
95 YJ - Farm Jeep (also my first Jeep)

-My family has owned several other Jeeps through the years as I was growing up...The neighbors call us "The Jeep People"-
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2010, 03:16 PM   #4
JDEEEWP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

check autozone or napa or something like that

they have light sockets for a few bucks that kinda work with the exsisting sidemarker lenz which is for a 1194 bulb right?

i replaced mine with a generic "HELP" socket but the plastic may have needed trimming or something....

oh and i have clear lenses.

later..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.