Side marker light help - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Side marker light help

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineYear End Clearance Sale! Save 20%Warn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCOR

Unread 02-09-2010, 03:35 PM   #1
DirtFarmer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Side marker light help

One of the front side lampholders/pigtails/whatever it is called on my TJ is corroded so bad that the copper connectors are completely gone so the bulb won't work.

I have searched and found that other people have had this problem, but the answer was always find one at a junkyard or buy the wiring harness.
The problem is there are no junkyards around here that have any jeeps, and I am not paying $600 for a wiring harness for one pigtail.

Somebody must know of a place to buy these or a way to make it work; fixing a light should not be this complicated.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

06 TJ Rubicon - Daily driver.
95 YJ - Farm Jeep (also my first Jeep)

-My family has owned several other Jeeps through the years as I was growing up...The neighbors call us "The Jeep People"-
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Zakman
A locked & armored Sport

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was in the same situation myself last year.
No junkyards, dealer couldn't locate one, etc.

I ended up finding some on e-bay. Set of 2, with lenses for around $75.
Had to splice in the "new" sockets.

Good luck.

My Build Thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/z...-sport-671095/
Zakman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 03:49 PM   #3
DirtFarmer
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakman View Post
I was in the same situation myself last year.
No junkyards, dealer couldn't locate one, etc.

I ended up finding some on e-bay. Set of 2, with lenses for around $75.
Had to splice in the "new" sockets.

Good luck.
I think I found them on e-bay motors, I really didn't want to pay $75 for what should be a $5 part, but I guess that is better than $600 for the wiring harness.

Although, if they are able to sell that set, that must mean that someone is making the pigtails, so I would think it should be possible to buy one somewhere.

06 TJ Rubicon - Daily driver.
95 YJ - Farm Jeep (also my first Jeep)

-My family has owned several other Jeeps through the years as I was growing up...The neighbors call us "The Jeep People"-
DirtFarmer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2010, 04:16 PM   #4
JDEEEWP
2001 TJ Wrangler 

check autozone or napa or something like that

they have light sockets for a few bucks that kinda work with the exsisting sidemarker lenz which is for a 1194 bulb right?

i replaced mine with a generic "HELP" socket but the plastic may have needed trimming or something....

oh and i have clear lenses.

later..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.