Side Glass for Hardtop - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Side Glass for Hardtop

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 05-20-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
jar6223
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Side Glass for Hardtop

Does anyone know where I can get the replacement glass for the driver side of a Bestop Hardtop (2 Piece if it makes a difference)? I was driving down a gravel road the other day and I guess my tires threw a rock just right to hit the side glass and shattered it. I figured I could check with the auto glass place but wasn't sure if they could get one for a "Bestop" hardtop. Also, are the side glasses for the factory hardtop and the "Bestop" hardtop the same ones? I have found some online but I'm not sure if they'll fit or not.

jar6223 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 05:48 PM   #2
VietVet67
2004 LJ Wrangler 

It's flat glass right?? any shop should be able to make it for you tinted and all--or check e-bay??
Silver Jeep club member #76 Semper -Fi my brothers
VietVet67 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #3
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I bet there not exactly the same but im not sure. YOu could call best top im sure they could send one.
Unread 05-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #4
jar6223
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Yeah I was thinking along the lines of checking with Bestop first thing in the morning since they aren't open on the weekends. Figured they could at least give me some info if nothing else. And like was said, I would expect it wouldn't be too hard for the glass company to make one for it, however, I'm not sure what else I would need to have in order to get it installed.
Unread 05-27-2012, 09:12 AM   #5
jar6223
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Found a Replacement

So just in case anyone else is in the same situation as I was, I was able to get a replacement glass. Bestop told me to contact Keystone Restyling since they have the hardtop molds now. Anyways, after contacting them they had a new window sent out to me within a few day. The window itself was only like $45 and come with the gasket needed to install it. With shipping it ended up being about $100, so not to bad I don't think.
Unread 09-21-2014, 10:08 AM   #6
papajeff
2003 TJ Wrangler 

papajeff

can I get there number
papajeff is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
hardtop , replacement , side glass

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.