Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Should I get Savvy?

4K views 32 replies 18 participants last post by  Imped 
#1 ·
Hey all,

I'm looking at purchasing a 4" Savvy lift (CE-9801SC), with AntiRock.

I am looking for a lift to replace my RC one. I am looking to increase both offroad performance, and on road comfort. I was going to go with long arms, but the more I read, the more I realize that I don't want to go higher than 4" of suspension lift, and I feel that long arms are no better than short arms with only 4" of lift. Is this true?

What is the benefit of aluminum control arms? They look badass- but is their any real benefit?

Will a Savvy lift be amazing onroad comfort wise? The shocks I am running will be Bilstein 5100's. I really want to get a lift that has a wow factor after riding in my beat up 4" RC lift. Is Savvy the way to do that?

Eventually I will get Metal Cloak Arched fenders all around- and drop to a 2.5" lift- which will utterly negate the use of long arms (I think?).

One last question, is it worth the extra $250 to get a rear adjustable currie track bar with the lift?

Thanks! :tea:

See less See more
#2 ·
What makes a build comfortable and compliant offroad also makes for a comfortable and compliant onroad ride. You can't have one without the other. The 3" Savvy / Currie hybrid lift will do both very well. The Savvy upper arms were designed to be adjustable while bolted in. It'll make dialing in your pinion angle that much easier. Important maybe if you'll be doing the install yourself. Being made of aluminum was just icing on the cake. The kit will come with a rear relocation bracket for the track bar. I'd install that first and see how you like it.

#3 ·
Savvy kit is on point. The ride is seriously amazing, you can not ask for a better ride out of a tj suspension. If it doesnt ride nice you set it up wrong plain and simple. With the currie steering you have so much control over you drivability.

Gerald is a top notch guy to deal with, backs his product and will help you if you are having issues. My next big order will be from him late this year or early into next and I will continue to in the future.

#5 ·
Savvy kit is on point. The ride is seriously amazing, you can not ask for a better ride out of a tj suspension. If it doesnt ride nice you set it up wrong plain and simple. With the currie steering you have so much control over you drivability.
Let me say this before I comment further. I am on your side and agree with you. The OP might be better served if, you tell what you have done in aftermarket TJ suspension systems and why you changed over to Savvy. I went with a RE 3.5" SF lift before Savvy was born and hated it. I went with the Currie adjustable CAs and front axle kit before Savvy came out with theirs. Things would be different now.

Gerald is a top notch guy to deal with, backs his product and will help you if you are having issues. My next big order will be from him late this year or early into next and I will continue to in the future.
You're going to get a lot of Rokmen fans saying the same thing about their set up. We need to try to provide as much info to people researching these areas as we can possibly provide. I have no personal dealings with Rokmen but , was looking hard at their GTS, before Savvy jumped up.

I have heard many good things with both but, personally, I chose Savvy.

#4 ·
Yeah, I spoke with Gerald last night, and pretty much had my mind made up. But rather than buy on impulse, I want to ensure I don't have to do this again.

I always wanted a long arm, and its hard for me to go with a short arm. Just want to ensure I am making the right decision.

A Jeep is going to ride like a Jeep. But if I can make it a bit smoother for my better half when she comes along, she will enjoy it that much more with me. She holds the money, happy wife is a happy life.

I am running 35s, with a 1.25" BL. Would the 3" give me enough clearance to run my 35s? Or should I stick with the 4"?

#11 ·
Yeah, I spoke with Gerald last night, and pretty much had my mind made up. But rather than buy on impulse, I want to ensure I don't have to do this again.

I always wanted a long arm, and its hard for me to go with a short arm. Just want to ensure I am making the right decision.

A Jeep is going to ride like a Jeep. But if I can make it a bit smoother for my better half when she comes along, she will enjoy it that much more with me. She holds the money, happy wife is a happy life.

I am running 35s, with a 1.25" BL. Would the 3" give me enough clearance to run my 35s? Or should I stick with the 4"?
I just had Blaine install the Savvy 4" lift with the Currie Steering and outboarded rear shocks. It replaced the Procomp 4" lift. All I can say is you will not believe the difference in the ride. I highly recommend the Savvy lift. Depending on how you plan to wheel it, will depend on what size you get. If you're going to be playing in the rocks, then you should stay with the 4", simple as that.

As far as A jeep is going to ride like a Jeep goes, that's a bunch of bull poop... :D My Jeep now rides better than any other lifted truck I've been in. That's what makes the Savvy lift so good. It rides like a mid level SUV.

Good luck and if you decide on the Savvy, you will not be sorry. Your friends who bought long arms will be jealous... :rofl:

#7 ·
Rokmen makes a great product but I think Savvy is just a step ahead in the future. Savvy was my first lift, figure I'd by right the first time but I seriously considered Rokmen. I choose Savvy for the Progressive coils first off, second aluminum wins, after talking to Gerald I was sold. He did not push products on me but talked to me like a friend (when he can answer his phone he's a very busy man). Rokmen just didnt do it for me, I can build my own OME kit if I wanted to truthfully

#10 ·
IMHO... most decently designed short arm kits will affect the ride very little. (Unless stupidly stiff springs) Ride comfort is primarily going to be affected by shock choice... and by weight of vehicle. The aluminum arms weigh less, helping keep rig weight down. Light rigs can be better controlled without having to be stiff.

#12 ·
IMHO... most decently designed short arm kits will affect the ride very little. (Unless stupidly stiff springs).
I completely disagree. Control arm joints effect ride comfort far more than the coil's spring rate. Not say the spring rate isn't important, but it has less effect than what you think based on that statement.

Ride comfort is primarily going to be affected by shock choice... and by weight of vehicle.
Agreed. A properly valved damper is very important.

It has been my experience from slowly replacing the PO's build, Pro Comp 4" coils, fixed length poly lowers, ES3000 dampers. To what I have now. I can tell you with confidence that the four biggest components that will effect ride quality and offroad compliance in order are:

1. Tire pressure
2. Dampers
3. Control arm joints
4. Swaybar and coil spring rates

#27 ·
Wow! Thanks for all of the help guys. Savvy 4" is what I will go with.

So right now, I have rear 5100 Bilstein's. Front are RC shocks. (The ****ty white ones). I snapped an RC shock in the rear, and had to swap them- only had enough cash for the rear at the time.

Should I match Bilsteins in the front? Or look at adjustable ranchos?

I understand shock choice is very much subjective. I do appreciate the opinions of everyone, especially Jerry and Blaine. When we are all built- the friends and I want to drive East Coast to West Coast to do JV, then drive back again.

Keep the comments coming!

Thanks!

#30 ·
Definitely go Savvy; and the aluminum arms are worth it, at least for the lowers. Currie has upper adjustables that are adjustable on the vehicle, but I believe (someone please correct me if I'm wrong) that their lowers are not, while Savvy's lowers are adjustable on the vehicle.

I'm hoping to do a similar thing that you're doing; so Gerald check your email when you get a chance please!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.