Should I Cut My Jeep in Half and Build a Brute? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Should I Cut My Jeep in Half and Build a Brute?

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsSavvy/Currie Aluminum Control Arms

View Poll Results: Should I Cut my TJ in Half and Build a Brute?
Yes 70 67.31%
No 34 32.69%
Voters: 104. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 06-23-2014, 10:47 PM   #31
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

I saw the K9 Crawler Brute over at Jeep Speed Shop in Cotati, CA while it was there for a Hemi swap. This thing is cool!

Phone: (707)-544-4761 M-F 6AM – 5PM PST Sat 7:30AM – 5PM PST
automotiveforums@dpbrands.com
Matt@Flowmaster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-23-2014, 10:54 PM   #32
locrwln
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Do it. I have one of the cleanest LJ's (2006 LJ Rubicon) I could find and I sometimes think that if I had it to do over, I would have bought a little bit older and built a Brute.

Right now you have a great looking TJ and it's even better with the highline kit (I too have the kit), but how many times a day are you driving around and see another built TJ (maybe not quite as nice), but still a regular TJ??

Now think about how many Brutes you have EVER seen driving around. I think that's the part you are looking for. You mentioned that "hot rod" component and I think the Brute will give it to you in a way that nothing else that you could do to YOUR jeep will.

If you have the desire, means and ability, by all means go for it!!

Jack
Unread 06-23-2014, 11:10 PM   #33
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by locrwln View Post
Do it. I have one of the cleanest LJ's (2006 LJ Rubicon) I could find and I sometimes think that if I had it to do over, I would have bought a little bit older and built a Brute.

Right now you have a great looking TJ and it's even better with the highline kit (I too have the kit), but how many times a day are you driving around and see another built TJ (maybe not quite as nice), but still a regular TJ??

Now think about how many Brutes you have EVER seen driving around. I think that's the part you are looking for. You mentioned that "hot rod" component and I think the Brute will give it to you in a way that nothing else that you could do to YOUR jeep will.

Jack
X2. .. except on the cleanest Lj rubi... I've dirtied mine up a bit.
Ljcrawler05 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 09:27 AM   #34
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

I see them for sale where I live going for $40,000 and they never get sold.Just slap on a Gr8 top and call it a day.
2000' WJ Limited 4.7L-V8/D44/Quadra-Drive/31" MT's/3" lift
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #35
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by locrwln View Post

Jack
It is extremely rare to see one driving down the road. Even LJ Rubi's are somewhat hard to find...and I probably wouldn't cut one of those up, but people do it. I mentioned the "hot rod" component of my thought process because everyone seems to bring up the resale aspect of building a Brute. I don't plan on selling my Jeep, as it sits now, anytime soon. Truthfully, the only reason I have ever considered selling my current rig, was to buy a cheap TJ and use the extra cash to build a Brute, like you said. I can't justify doing that, however, because I would still want all of the parts that I already have on my Jeep. Plus, all of us know how hard it can be to find a decent, unmolested, stock TJ.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I see them for sale where I live going for $40,000 and they never get sold.Just slap on a Gr8 top and call it a day.
To me, a standard wheelbase TJ with a Gr8top reminds me of a Suzuki Samurai. I think they look pretty good on LJ's, though.

Unread 06-24-2014, 11:35 AM   #36
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt@Flowmaster View Post
To me, a standard wheelbase TJ with a Gr8top reminds me of a Suzuki Samurai. I think they look pretty good on LJ's, though.
I don't even like the LJ with the Gr8top.This LJ has been for sale locally for weeks.

Unread 06-24-2014, 03:46 PM   #37
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
I don't even like the LJ with the Gr8top.This LJ has been for sale locally for weeks.
Those DC-1 wheels aren't helping the looks any.

(we need the smiling pile of poo emoticon)
Wheelin98TJ is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-24-2014, 05:08 PM   #38
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheelin98TJ View Post
Those DC-1 wheels aren't helping the looks any.

(we need the smiling pile of poo emoticon)
Unread 06-24-2014, 07:12 PM   #39
Gary2
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I guess some like them , maybe it is the wheels making it undesirable. My Brother in-law just sold his TJU w/GR8 top while he was putting the for sale signs in the window .
Gary2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 09:53 AM   #40
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary2 View Post
I guess some like them , maybe it is the wheels making it undesirable. My Brother in-law just sold his TJU w/GR8 top while he was putting the for sale signs in the window .
In my opinion, the more you stretch a Jeep, the better it makes a half hard top look. Here's a perfect example using the Brute top.

Unread 06-25-2014, 10:16 AM   #41
rusty762

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Heres a pic of my 05 LJ with a half cab. Stretched it 4" when I put coil overs in the back and the Rock Jock 60. Building the cage now and PSC armor should be here in a couple weeks to finish up the rear tub. I say if you want a brute, build it. I don't regret my truck build one bit.

Video of its first run

https://vimeo.com/76492538

“If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six sharpening my axe.”- Abraham Lincoln

My Build

My Videos

My Work

Have you hugged a Firefighter today?
rusty762 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 11:12 AM   #42
Ljcrawler05
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Heres a pic of my 05 LJ with a half cab. Stretched it 4" when I put coil overs in the back and the Rock Jock 60. Building the cage now and PSC armor should be here in a couple weeks to finish up the rear tub. I say if you want a brute, build it. I don't regret my truck build one bit.

Video of its first run

https://vimeo.com/76492538
Awesome rig and video... and great choice of music.
Ljcrawler05 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 12:56 PM   #43
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusty762 View Post
Nice Jeep! Your video made me want to drive up to the mountains. Very cool!

Unread 06-25-2014, 01:01 PM   #44
JeepinJeremy
1992 YJ Wrangler 

I think you should quit be such a girl and cut it up already. You either have the talent to do it and complete it or you don't. If your so scared buy a used tub and start with that. In the end it's just a TJ not like it's a big lose, not even a Rubicon. I vote cut the thing up.
JeepinJeremy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-25-2014, 07:00 PM   #45
Matt@Flowmaster
Vendor

2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinJeremy View Post
I think you should quit be such a girl and cut it up already. You either have the talent to do it and complete it or you don't. If your so scared buy a used tub and start with that. In the end it's just a TJ not like it's a big lose, not even a Rubicon. I vote cut the thing up.
Ha. I'm definitely leaning in the direction of major TJ surgery. Thanks for the motivation.

Tags
brute , exhaust , flowmaster , technology

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.