Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Short arms with tummy tuck, or long arms?

• Short arms with tummy tuck

Votes: 18 56.3%
  • Long arms

Votes: 14 43.8%

Short arms w/ tummy tuck, or long arms?

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  never monday 
#1 ·
I can't decide which way I want to go. I want to run 35"s since I have the d30 in the front. I figured I would get more clearance with the short arms and a tummy tuck. Is this true? What would yall do? If I go long arms, I am going to get the RE t case skid and build my own arms, with the 3.5 springs. If I go short arms, I will get the RE 4.5 with 3.5 springs and an nth tummy tuck. And either way I go, I will have a 1.25 body and 1 motor.

#2 ·
It sounds like using the RE skid and building your arms is the way to go for a budget long arm. You can use the 3.5" springs with the stock arms. Minus the upper rears for the cv shaft & sye. You'll also need the eccentric bolts for the front lowers to correct caster.
Also get the RE/RK/whoevers track bar for the front and trackbar relocator bracket for the rear.

#5 ·
Well, that's the thing, if I go long arm, I am copying the Clayton setup, and I figured it would be easier to just get the RE skid instead of making brackets and a rear truss for the arms. And as far as going Nth and long arms, the brackets I would have to make for the long arms would be hanging down 3 or 4 more inches than the skid, so they would always be getting hung up on the rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.