Shocks - Skyjacker Hydros - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks - Skyjacker Hydros

Huge Soft top SaleRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits BLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 07-03-2010, 10:01 PM   #16
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbeep View Post
No I like a smooth ride just like the next guy but running the 2.2s for about a year they are alot better than the hydros IN MY OPINION. Reason I tried the hydros was due to reviews and I won't listen to them any more unless it's savvy or currie products.
Gotcha. Can't fault that logic.

btw - I have friend who thinks my TJ is ... effeminate... (that's not the word, but the censors will take out the real word) since it rides so nicely. His CJ is a nightmare, bone-crushing road-wandering dangerous feeling. To him, that's how a Real Jeep rides... He refuse to even talk about my power windows..

BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2010, 10:13 PM   #17
2kbeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

. I can't stop laughing at that one^^^^^^^^^
2kbeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-03-2010, 11:18 PM   #18
wl07
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
Sorry but they make the 2.2 shocks look like ****.
i have had the 2.2 for about 2 months now and i really like the ride of the shocks no issues and ride great on and off road.
wl07 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 04:36 PM   #19
Ghaniba
1999 XJ Cherokee 

I was looking at the 5100s, and thought about getting the rough country 2.2s, but the 5100s were a good step up in price, and for my short expected duration of use, I figured going on the cheap side made sense. The 2.2s I expected would be on the low end too, but shipping would have been a good bit longer.

Dave aka Ghan

I mounted my rear shocks upside down... Ill keep everyone posted on my experience!
Ghaniba is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbeep View Post
I would have chosen a different shock. I don't know why anyone would recommend them or give them high marks. To each his own. I think they ride like wore out shocks. I think skyjacker buys all the rejects and cleans them up and sells them as new. Total junk in my book. My .02
I have to agree with this statement. I had on cheap 4WD Hardware brand hydros, made in USA, for about six months, then installed Skyjacker Hydros (made in mexico). Felt just like worn out shocks. As I was driving up my camp road (very bumpy), I actually got out to see if my swaybar had come disconnected or if a shock had broke, it was tilting and bobbing so much. Put the 4wd's back in a week later. I want a shock that is comfy but controls the jeep's movements well, too. I recently rode in a buddy's stock jeep ( stock high-pressure gas shocks), and it was much more of a controlled ride than mine. When I can afford it, I will be installing gas-charged shocks.
cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 06:18 PM   #21
kuebelwagen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love My SJ hydros. Cheap enough, good riding.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

2004 Rubicon
1995 Cherokee
kuebelwagen is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #22
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of these SJ hydros someone needs other than me. 4000 miles PM me for details,
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I like mine. They have a very smooth ride. I can see where to some it would feel like a blown shock, But i have alot of body roll but i run the anti-rock. I also have alot more weight and have a hard top and doors, IMO they are perfect. Not bouncy but flows just right that the ride is not jarring.
Unread 07-04-2010, 11:36 PM   #24
2kbeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep06 View Post
I have to agree with this statement. I had on cheap 4WD Hardware brand hydros, made in USA, for about six months, then installed Skyjacker Hydros (made in mexico). Felt just like worn out shocks. As I was driving up my camp road (very bumpy), I actually got out to see if my swaybar had come disconnected or if a shock had broke, it was tilting and bobbing so much. Put the 4wd's back in a week later. I want a shock that is comfy but controls the jeep's movements well, too. I recently rode in a buddy's stock jeep ( stock high-pressure gas shocks), and it was much more of a controlled ride than mine. When I can afford it, I will be installing gas-charged shocks.
Looks like there is more people that feel the same about disliking the hydros.
2kbeep is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 04:21 AM   #25
Humboldt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I love my SJ Hydros. But there is more into the ride of a TJ than shocks. Top shelf shocks on a poorly set up suspension will ride like crap.

Edit: Mine have been on jack stands for 2 months now with 5 left to go. Wonder how they'll ride after that

Last edited by Humboldt; 07-05-2010 at 04:50 AM..
Humboldt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-05-2010, 05:08 AM   #26
Broncbuster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am running the SJ Hydros. Made a difference over the old RC's that were on it. Doesn't matter how good of a shock you put on if the rest of the suspension is not up to par and in great shape. I personally like the SJ Hydro's.
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
shock , shocks , skyjacker

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.