Shocks - Skyjacker Hydros - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks - Skyjacker Hydros

SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete

Unread 07-03-2010, 09:01 PM   #16
BlueFlame
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbeep View Post
No I like a smooth ride just like the next guy but running the 2.2s for about a year they are alot better than the hydros IN MY OPINION. Reason I tried the hydros was due to reviews and I won't listen to them any more unless it's savvy or currie products.
Gotcha. Can't fault that logic.

btw - I have friend who thinks my TJ is ... effeminate... (that's not the word, but the censors will take out the real word) since it rides so nicely. His CJ is a nightmare, bone-crushing road-wandering dangerous feeling. To him, that's how a Real Jeep rides... He refuse to even talk about my power windows..

BlueFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 09:13 PM   #17
2kbeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

. I can't stop laughing at that one^^^^^^^^^
2kbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-03-2010, 10:18 PM   #18
wl07
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBLJ View Post
Sorry but they make the 2.2 shocks look like ****.
i have had the 2.2 for about 2 months now and i really like the ride of the shocks no issues and ride great on and off road.
wl07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 03:36 PM   #19
Ghaniba
1998 ZJ 

I was looking at the 5100s, and thought about getting the rough country 2.2s, but the 5100s were a good step up in price, and for my short expected duration of use, I figured going on the cheap side made sense. The 2.2s I expected would be on the low end too, but shipping would have been a good bit longer.

Dave aka Ghan

I mounted my rear shocks upside down... Ill keep everyone posted on my experience!
Ghaniba is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 05:01 PM   #20
cheapjeep06
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kbeep View Post
I would have chosen a different shock. I don't know why anyone would recommend them or give them high marks. To each his own. I think they ride like wore out shocks. I think skyjacker buys all the rejects and cleans them up and sells them as new. Total junk in my book. My .02
I have to agree with this statement. I had on cheap 4WD Hardware brand hydros, made in USA, for about six months, then installed Skyjacker Hydros (made in mexico). Felt just like worn out shocks. As I was driving up my camp road (very bumpy), I actually got out to see if my swaybar had come disconnected or if a shock had broke, it was tilting and bobbing so much. Put the 4wd's back in a week later. I want a shock that is comfy but controls the jeep's movements well, too. I recently rode in a buddy's stock jeep ( stock high-pressure gas shocks), and it was much more of a controlled ride than mine. When I can afford it, I will be installing gas-charged shocks.
cheapjeep06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #21
kuebelwagen
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Love My SJ hydros. Cheap enough, good riding.

Pain is weakness leaving the body.

2004 Rubicon
1995 Cherokee
kuebelwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 07:21 PM   #22
Hendrix
TJOTY 2013

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I have a set of these SJ hydros someone needs other than me. 4000 miles PM me for details,
Hendrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-04-2010, 09:50 PM   #23
KKiowaTJ
1995 YJ Wrangler 

I like mine. They have a very smooth ride. I can see where to some it would feel like a blown shock, But i have alot of body roll but i run the anti-rock. I also have alot more weight and have a hard top and doors, IMO they are perfect. Not bouncy but flows just right that the ride is not jarring.
Unread 07-04-2010, 10:36 PM   #24
2kbeep
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheapjeep06 View Post
I have to agree with this statement. I had on cheap 4WD Hardware brand hydros, made in USA, for about six months, then installed Skyjacker Hydros (made in mexico). Felt just like worn out shocks. As I was driving up my camp road (very bumpy), I actually got out to see if my swaybar had come disconnected or if a shock had broke, it was tilting and bobbing so much. Put the 4wd's back in a week later. I want a shock that is comfy but controls the jeep's movements well, too. I recently rode in a buddy's stock jeep ( stock high-pressure gas shocks), and it was much more of a controlled ride than mine. When I can afford it, I will be installing gas-charged shocks.
Looks like there is more people that feel the same about disliking the hydros.
2kbeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 03:21 AM   #25
Humboldt
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I love my SJ Hydros. But there is more into the ride of a TJ than shocks. Top shelf shocks on a poorly set up suspension will ride like crap.

Edit: Mine have been on jack stands for 2 months now with 5 left to go. Wonder how they'll ride after that

Last edited by Humboldt; 07-05-2010 at 03:50 AM..
Humboldt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-05-2010, 04:08 AM   #26
Broncbuster
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am running the SJ Hydros. Made a difference over the old RC's that were on it. Doesn't matter how good of a shock you put on if the rest of the suspension is not up to par and in great shape. I personally like the SJ Hydro's.
Broncbuster is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shock , shocks , skyjacker

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.