Shocks for lift - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks for lift

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 11-06-2012, 01:41 PM   #1
bjrodriguez
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Shocks for lift

So I've decided to go with a 2" spring lift (probably BDS springs) and am looking at possibly getting shocks other than the ones BDS supplies with their 2" kit.

My options are either the BDS shocks, Fox 2.0 shocks (upgrade option from BDS), or possibly Bilstein 5100s. Would appreciate opinions on those three options....

Also, if I were to go will Bilsteins... should I get the 0-2" lift shocks or the 3" lift shocks? I know people usually say they net more than 2" from most spring lifts.

Thanks in advance for y'alls help.

bjrodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2012, 01:52 PM   #2
TJSE1997
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Zone 2" shocks. I have them with RC 2.5" springs and I love them

1997 SE with 4.5" of lift on 33's
TJSE1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:02 AM   #3
bjrodriguez
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I realize that fox shocks are pretty expensive and probably unnecessary, but would anyone hands-down recommend bilsteins over BDS (same as zone almost)?
Unread 11-07-2012, 09:16 AM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

BDS 5500 are nice shocks.

Bilstein 5100 are also nice.

I've had both on my TJ and its a tough call, but I think I prefer the Bilsteins.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 10:46 AM   #5
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjrodriguez View Post
I realize that fox shocks are pretty expensive and probably unnecessary, but would anyone hands-down recommend bilsteins over BDS (same as zone almost)?
Fixed it for you.
I had a set of $250 Fox shocks on my motocross bike.SWEET! Bilsteins are really good if you want to spend the cash.My Zone shocks rode as good as a Jeep can.
Unread 11-07-2012, 11:37 AM   #6
bjrodriguez
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBoogieman View Post
Fixed it for you.
idk what youre talking about

thanks for the input. i think i want bilsteins but im not sure if i should get the 3" lift ones or the 0-2" lift ones
Unread 11-07-2012, 01:32 PM   #7
drewtj05
2005 TJ Wrangler 

You need to check to see the extended and collapsed length of the shocks. If they are too long collapsed you will run into the problem of the shocks bottoming out. I have run the Zone shocks on a pickup and they are great shocks but cant comment on the jeep shocks. I currently run Bilsteins on my Jeep and love them.
drewtj05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 03:18 PM   #8
Kodiak17
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Just like he said^ The addition of Fox shocks to BDS' line-up is relatively new so not many people run their 2" lift with them, but apparently the Fox 2.0's are too long. There was a thread on here and I would definitely take a look at it before settling on these. I have the standard shocks from BDS, but I would take the Bilsteins over these.

My build: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/thor-dd-weekend-warrior-1348534/
Kodiak17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #9
TimV
2003 TJ Wrangler 

I have the BDS Fox shocks on my TJ with the 3" BDS springs. I am happy with the way it rides. Its stiff, but it isn't too bad for the small amount of body roll I now have. Offroad performance has been very good so far in my opinion.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.