Shocks, hydro or nitro - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shocks, hydro or nitro

Introducing the Quart Crate...JK Front Axle TrussPoison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 08-16-2006, 08:53 PM   #1
TJ_Firefighter

Shocks, hydro or nitro

wgive me some opinion between hydro and nitro charged shocks...durability, ride quality, ect...

33x12.50 Dunlop RV
[B][COLOR="Wheat"]Kahki Jeep Club Member #42[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="White"][B] U.[COLOR="Orange"]S.C.G[COLOR="White"]. J[COLOR="Blue"]ee[COLOR="White"]p Club Member #1[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Red"][B]Firefighting Jeep #2[/B][/COLOR]
Soon to come: HomeFab Rockers
TJ_Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-16-2006, 09:04 PM   #2
tcourdin

I have ran both on my YJ, and I will stick with the Nitros. They seem to have much better ride on and off the trail. For some reason they all push the Hydros on you when ordering though. They Hydros arent pressurized like the Nitros, it seems like they compress easily, but then the rebound stroke is very slow and in my experience made the ride harsh.
88 Wrangler, Rebuilt I6, NV3550,Atlas 2,B&M Shifter,38/38 Weber, Skyjacker Lift & Nitro Shocks & Stabilizer, Black Diamond Discos, 35 " Regul MT's & Outlaw 2 Alum Wheels, 4.88 Gears, Dana 35 & Super 35 kit & Detroit Soft Locker, Dana 30 & Superior Axles & Detroit Soft Locker & No Disco, SRC Front & Rear Bumpers, SRC Side Armor, Warn XD 9000 I Winch & In Cab Controls, OR Fab Tire & Can Carrier, Rock Hard 4x4 Full Cage, Hood Rack & Hi Lift & AX, Outland Seats, KC & Silverstar.
tcourdin is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.