Shock Shifters and 8.8 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shock Shifters and 8.8

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 10-18-2005, 07:10 AM   #1
TSWRA

Shock Shifters and 8.8

I read the nth website and it states the shock shifters will fit any axle that has tubes of 3", knowing my 8.8 is 3.2" has anyone done this ? I am thinking just grinding the bracket a bit will allow me to put it on but wanted to hear if anyone else tried it ...

(I installed 8.8, 4.5" bds w/ 8 adjustable control arms. Its only one side but the shock is rubbing the spring. I am going to look at it again Wed to see if I can keep the spring from moving back into the shock but wanted to plan ahead)

TIA

Unread 10-18-2005, 07:21 AM   #2
MR.CLIFFORD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

if you can grind it they will fit! You can also clearance your spring perch.
MR.CLIFFORD is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:24 AM   #3
TSWRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MR.CLIFFORD
if you can grind it they will fit! You can also clearance your spring perch.
I ground down the perch, but the shock is actually hitting the spring.
Unread 10-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #4
MR.CLIFFORD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Gonna ask a silly question.... who set up your 8.8? Usually if you are adding new brackets you can get around the shock deal on the initial setup.
Unread 10-18-2005, 08:36 AM   #5
TSWRA

shop

I had the shop set up the 8.8 and they did top quality work. I installed the lift after the 8.8 was in. So the brackets on the 8.8 were done correclty but changing the angle of the axle to work with the SYE/CV Shaft have created the problems...
Unread 10-18-2005, 12:24 PM   #6
TSWRA

FYI nth's response

Looks like the nth SS is what I need ... here is there reply

The Shock Shifter is exactly what you are looking for. We have a universal version that will fit perfectly on your Ford 8.8. The SS will not only help with your current shock bind and fitment issue, but it will give you better stability and re-orient the bushings perpendicular to the axle tube so they do not have any bind issues under articulation. I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me directly with any further questions, comments, or concerns that you may have.
Unread 10-18-2005, 10:43 PM   #7
MR.CLIFFORD
2006 TJ Wrangler 

what I mean is you can adjust the brackets to account for the pinion angle without using the arms to do so.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.