Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Shock Shifters and 8.8

1K views 6 replies 2 participants last post by  MR.CLIFFORD 
#1 ·
I read the nth website and it states the shock shifters will fit any axle that has tubes of 3", knowing my 8.8 is 3.2" has anyone done this ? I am thinking just grinding the bracket a bit will allow me to put it on but wanted to hear if anyone else tried it ...

(I installed 8.8, 4.5" bds w/ 8 adjustable control arms. Its only one side but the shock is rubbing the spring. I am going to look at it again Wed to see if I can keep the spring from moving back into the shock but wanted to plan ahead)

TIA

#5 ·
shop

I had the shop set up the 8.8 and they did top quality work. I installed the lift after the 8.8 was in. So the brackets on the 8.8 were done correclty but changing the angle of the axle to work with the SYE/CV Shaft have created the problems...

#6 ·
FYI nth's response

Looks like the nth SS is what I need ... here is there reply

The Shock Shifter is exactly what you are looking for. We have a universal version that will fit perfectly on your Ford 8.8. The SS will not only help with your current shock bind and fitment issue, but it will give you better stability and re-orient the bushings perpendicular to the axle tube so they do not have any bind issues under articulation. I hope this helps, please feel free to contact me directly with any further questions, comments, or concerns that you may have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.