Shock Extension - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shock Extension

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsJK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!

Unread 02-23-2009, 02:46 AM   #1
waldoo
2012 JK Wrangler 

Shock Extension/Relocator

Hi There,

Is it required to install Shock Extension/Relocator on a 2006 tj with a 2" suspension lift kit???

What is the benefits & drawback of this mod???

Thanks...

Last edited by waldoo; 02-23-2009 at 04:22 AM..
waldoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 06:15 AM   #2
Libtekguy
2003 TJ Wrangler 

No, you don't need it. It's only needed if you're running an SYE kit. SYE kits require you to angle up your pinion/axle; which often causes your shocks to come in contact with your axles. The Extension bracket moves the shock away from the axle enough to prevent this contact.

2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland: 2" BB. 31.5" BFGoodrich All Terrains

I am looking to get a set of RE 5.5" front coils. I'll trade my 4.5" or pay (not too much though) for them. Send me a PM.
Libtekguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2009, 06:31 AM   #3
TheBoogieman
Demonic Jeep Freak!

1998 TJ Wrangler 

NO.......
TheBoogieman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.