Shakes - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Shakes

Spartan Locker Promo Running now @ ROCKRIDGE 4WD plus FREESave big with ExtremeTerrain.com's Top Spring Mods Sale!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-15-2007, 02:30 PM   #1
Feigle

Shakes

I have 2 1/2 inch susp lift with a 1 inch Bl

After i put the 1 inch BL on I put on 33.1250 swampers.

When I get over 60 I get some vibes??? The BL should not casue that right. More than likey the tires is what I was thinking I took them down and had them rebalanced. Everything checked out fine. Dealer says they need to wear down a bit before they smoothen out. I have about 800 miles on the new tires. Could this be in fact the tires and not something out of whack.

Feigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:39 PM   #2
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

The BL won't cause the vibes but the suspension lift will. You can do a MML or a Tcase drop to get rid of them. As per the tires, I have heard that swampers dont balance well, but I don't think thats your issue.
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #3
Feigle

Well I bought the jeep with the susp lift and 32's I only added the 1 inch Bl and 33's.

before the lift and tires it did not have the shakes at 60 like it does.
Feigle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 02:46 PM   #4
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

It could be drive shaft vibration but I would suspect the tires are the problem. If you have access to another set of tires you could swap them out and see what happens. You could swap your front and rear tires. Tire problems are usually felt more in the front than the rear. You could also remove the rear drive shaft and drive in 4HI and see if you still have the vibration.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 03:02 PM   #5
Crashnburn80
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feigle
Well I bought the jeep with the susp lift and 32's I only added the 1 inch Bl and 33's.

before the lift and tires it did not have the shakes at 60 like it does.
Well if it didn't vibrate before with the lift, and the only thing that changed was tires and BL, then I would suspect the tires. The BL will not cause vibes.
Crashnburn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2007, 03:04 PM   #6
mdm
Farm Wheeler
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashnburn80
Well if it didn't vibrate before with the lift, and the only thing that changed was tires and BL, then I would suspect the tires. The BL will not cause vibes.
Opps - overlooked "BL" - disregard previous statement. It's been a looong day.
mdm is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.