Service Manual and Parts list in PDf - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Service Manual and Parts list in PDf

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineStainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 09-15-2010, 09:54 AM   #1
JDH70508
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Service Manual and Parts list in PDf

Does anyone know where I can get a free copy of the Service manual and parts list for my 2000 TJ. There were a couple on eBay but I don't trust paying someone for a .pdf document you never know what they might send you. Before I take that risk I thought I should ask around first. I tried to search but didn't come up with what I am looking for.

JDH70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 09:57 AM   #2
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

A big welcome to JF but I'm sorry to reply on your first post that we can't give you a legal link to a .pdf of the factory service manual since it is copyrighted. JF could be sued by Jeep for providing links to free copies of their copyrighted intellectual property.

To others, please do not post links to such information here in this thread. We don't want to get sued and I'd have to delete them.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:06 AM   #3
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can find the parts manuals here:

Part Numbers - Jeep OEM Parts Catalogs

Jeep doesn't mind sharing those since it might bring them money.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 10:13 AM   #4
JDH70508
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Thank you so much. I agree with giving out the parts list being a good way to advertise OEM parts sales. The service manual however I agree that should not be let out if they are trying to keep service work in house. I did however find a link to the service manual but will respect the Forum and not post a link. If anyone needs it I found it on pirate4x4.com or you can send me a private message and I will provide the link. Thanks again to all your help. it is greatly appreciated.
JDH70508 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #5
paul0731
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
A big welcome to JF but I'm sorry to reply on your first post that we can't give you a legal link to a .pdf of the factory service manual since it is copyrighted. JF could be sued by Jeep for providing links to free copies of their copyrighted intellectual property.

To others, please do not post links to such information here in this thread. We don't want to get sued and I'd have to delete them.
I can't even find links to places I can legally buy one. People providing that would be useful. I've found one link to buying used physical copies of the manual.
paul0731 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 12:47 AM   #6
meable
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul0731 View Post
I can't even find links to places I can legally buy one. People providing that would be useful. I've found one link to buying used physical copies of the manual.
Well, here's the link to where the Chrysler site sends you to legally purchase a manual...pretty expensive when compared to free, but hopefully worth it. I just spent $90 plus shipping for a 2000 CD based manual. Think the paper manual was the same price.

https://www.techauthority.com/en-US/Pages/Home.aspx
meable is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 05:36 AM   #7
JeepJeffW
2004 WJ 

I purchased one (in PDF format) from ebay for $3, while not free it is a great price. It was an instant download after paypal payment was completed. Sellers name was "rarebookz1" who is one of the top rated sellers. Do an ebay search.

~~~~ Dr. Adrian Rogers, 1984
JeepJeffW is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2010, 07:50 AM   #8
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I would pay the $90 and get the CD. I had a .pdf on a computer that crashed and now I have no manual. I will be paying the $90... well worth it!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.