September Tj Of The Month Contest!! Vote Now The Contest Has Started!!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > September Tj Of The Month Contest!! Vote Now The Contest Has Started!!!

ANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Even Better Heim Pricing! From Ruffstuff

View Poll Results: TJ of The Month
Gunkel 250 59.95%
Redlyner 44 10.55%
aw12345 4 0.96%
6thelement 9 2.16%
meloyelo 8 1.92%
2005x 29 6.95%
lgriffith 10 2.40%
bddisi 24 5.76%
wahoojeep 21 5.04%
newracer 11 2.64%
rubiconr6 7 1.68%
Voters: 417. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:46 PM   #1
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

September Tj Of The Month Contest!! Vote Now The Contest Has Started!!!

Welcome all to the September TJ of The Month Contest!

Entrants,

This month has been weird indeed. there are so many favorites chosen and it has been very difficult to make a decision on the top 10. so difficult in-fact, that even for the final top 10 it has been very hard. there have been several ties this month and several unanimous votes - some of you were shoo-ins and others support came out of the blue.

But, by the power vested in me by Keith - have been forced to make an executive decision for this months contest based on the fact of a tie of 2 members. this months contest will have 11 entries.

Good luck to all who have made the top 10!! everyone else remember to vote and submit next month - EACH MONTH OUR SUBMISSIONS HAVE GONE DOWN and its getting to the point of where the contest is in jeopardy of continuing. the fact of the matter is that there are so many nice TJ's submitted that it is becoming increasingly difficult to only pick out 10 Jeeps of the litter. I am sorry to those who feel that they have been cheated by those with built rigs. if anyone has ANY suggestions on how to improve the contest to allow more variety of submissions please DO NOT HESITATE to PM me - i am always available.

Lasts month's issue between Poobah and -sean- was unfortunate to say the least, but we will be strictly enforcing the rules and guidelines set. if anyone is caught posting additional pictures of their Jeep, mudslinging (bad kind) or bad mouthing others they will be imediately disqualified, their entry withdrawn and all of their votes deleted. please keep this in mind during the contest.

-Will Marshal (spyder6)

LET THE GAMES BEGIN!

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #2
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

GUNKEL

Thanks for the opportunity and the chance to enter!

Name: Greg Gunkel
Username: Gunkel

Specs & Mods:

2006 Jeep Wranger Unlimited (LJ) *06' LJ build...Fireproof*
Rubicon express 5.5 springs, long arms, belly pan, quick disconnects
Rubicon express mono tubes and steering stabilizer.
Poison Spyder HD Steering and steering gear skid plate
4.0 auto
D44/30 combo with Ridler covers
NP231 with advance adapter SYE kit
Tom Woods rear drive shaft
37" Goodyear MTR's on Spyderlock beadlock wheels
Homemade front bumper/stinger/winch mount
Homemade rear bumper/tire carrier
KC windshiled light mounts and a set of daylighters with custom grilles
Ramsey winch with synthetic rope and HD hook
Poison spyder rear crusher corners with LED tail lights and custom LED marker lights
SRC front tube fenders with custom tube flares, LED turn signals, and LED marker lights
Poison Spyder Helldaro rocker guards
Poison Spyder full cage kit with spyder gussets and spyder web gussets
Beard seats/Simpson harnesses
Custom LED ambient lighting
Texas Ranger CB, firestick antenna
Gentex rear view mirror with homelink, temp, and compass
Optima blue top battery
PPG base coat/clear coat paint system
Upol Raptor tinted*liner

Current projects:
D44 front axle: Reid racing knuckles, stage 8 spindle nuts, e-locker or ARB, 5:38's, warn hubs, trussed, etc.
D44 rear axle: Detroit, 5:38's, trussed etc.

Story:

I purchased this vehicle back in February 2008 from a friend of mine that owns a local junk yard, the vehicle was a "burn unit" that had obviously been totaled by the junk yard. Over the last year and a half I have removed/rebuilt almost every nut and bolt on the jeep with my own two hands. The only thing that I did not do myself was bend the front "hoop" for the front bumper (lack of tubing bender), paint work, welding, fabbing, etc. was all done by me. I actually built this on a budget as well, many of the parts were either craigslist finds (seats, winch, front axle), closeouts that were discounted (PSC corners, steering), jeep forum vender discounts (lift, shocks, SYE, knuckle's) or ebay finds (CB, mirror, harness's). Many thanks to all of the jeepforum members who provided inspiration throughout this build, along with motivation when my wife/kids were wondering if I was having an affair! (honestly, I swear I am down at the shop working on the jeep).

Pics:

REDLYNER

Name: Jay Callaway
Username: REDLYNER
Mods (optional):
Alloy Rubi 44's
ARB Lockers*Front & Rear
4.88's
35" Trepadors
RE 3.5" Lift
TNT Front Tube Fenders
XRC Rear Tube Fenders
Poison Spyder Stinger
Poison Spyder Roll Cage
Warn M8000 Winch
On Board Air

Story (optional):
Rock crawling waxer. I usually hit 25+ trail runs a year and spend as much time cleaning it as I do wheeling it. This TJ has been rock crawling all over Moab, Colorado, North Carolina, and soon Tennessee and Kentucky.
Slowly built. Stage by stage and the 37"s arrive next week! Low center of gravity crawling.
Pictures:

AW12345

Art Wagner
aw12345
2006 wrangler SE
2.4l 4 banger that can hang with the big boys

Here is what has been added and modified in it’s current state
All the work and mods have been done by me, including regearing, all welding, tube bending and wrenching

Dana 44 rear axle with discbrakes out of a LJ and Superior chromoly axle shafts
Dana 30 Highpinion with TNT truss, currie 2” Johnny joints on top and Superior chromoly shafts
4.88 gears ARB lockers front and rear
RE 3.5" springs, Currie control arms, Fulltraction tri link in rear
Modified control arm mounts that are ramped in the rear to help slide over rocks
terraflex belly up, J Woods rear drive shaft and sye,
Genright fullo aluminum rear corners.
Home made rear diffslider,
Home made tube fenders and inner fenders out of aluminum
Home made rear tire carrier
Home made engine and trans skid, steel frame with thick 616o aluminum slid plate
Home made front hoop and mini stinger
Modified currie front trackbar, and mount
Currie steering with flip kit
Modified terra low belly up
terralow 4:1.
35” baja mtz's on 15x10 mickey thompson classic rims
poison spider rocker knockers
viaair onboard air with a 2.5 gallon air tank. Mounted on top of the bellyup
This runs the ARB lockers as well as the onboard air
In cab winch controller
Currie antirock in front
S and W front cage
Poison spider rocker knockers

I bought this Jeep brand new in September of 2006 and it stayed stock for 4 months
After that it has pretty much been wheeled every weekend and I still drive it every day to work. Done a lot of different trails with it, the trails in
Moab are about the most fun I have had with it. Ran Dusy Ershim with it last week man what beautiful scenery.
I have ran darn near every available trail in So Cali and beyond with it. This fall it's going to visit some of the hammers
I love wheeling and wrenching on my little yeller Jeep, so far she has never let me down.

Last edited by spyder6; 09-20-2009 at 10:09 PM..
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #3
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

6THELEMENT

Name:Joshua Mott

Username:6thelement

Mods (optional): 2005*WRANGLER RUBICON

Story (optional):built to enjoy and to wheel the snot out of it..

Pictures

MELOYELO

Name: Shaun Liomin
User Name: MeloYelo

Mods:
2002 Wrangler Sport 4.0L manual transmission
D44 rear axle with ARB, Yukon axle shafts, 4.56 gears & Rockcrusher diff cover
HP D30 front axle out of a '94 XJ with Rockcrusher diff cover
York OBA and 2.5 gallon air tank with regulator to power ARB
AGR Steering Box and Pump
Optima Red Top battery
TnT tube fenders and corners
Warn rock sliders and steering box skid
OR Fab Sport Cage with floor tie in kit
BesTop Oversize Tire carrier
Currie HD steering system
(5) Mickey Thompson 35" MTZ
Cobra 75 wx st*CB with firestick antenna
TerraFlex ST3 3" suspension lift with SYE
Smittybilt XRC8 8,000lb winch on Harbor Freight TJ winch plate
BesTop full soft doors for summer time
Story:
I purchased my Jeep back in 2003 and all it had was the suspension lift, SYE, tire carrier and 33" BFG All Terrain tires.
It came with the dual top option and one winter I was in an accident which demolished the hard top. Living in Colorado the hard top was not a necessity so with the money I was able to purchase the tube fenders, corners and rear ARB.
The rest has been a slow build. I had a 1977 Camaro that I sold to purchase more upgrades for the TJ. This was my very first car and although I was sad to see it go my real passion lies in 4 wheeling.
In 2008 I was wheeling the Green Day trail out in Moab and ended up damaging the carrier bearing in the stock LP D30. Once I got home I hit the local junk yard and picked up a HP D30 out of a 1994 XJ. Re-geared and installed with the help from my 4WD club.
I added the winch prior to going out to Moab this past May and after flopping on Hells Gate I purchased the OR Fab sport cage for more security.
Thank you for your consideration.
Pics:

2005X

kevin grieshaber***
2005X
2005 wrangler X
4.0 auto/wOD
D44 with cromoly shafts, detroit locker and 4:56 gears
superior rear axle bolt on truss, thanks Jerry
trussed HP30 with cromoly shafts, vanco big brakes, 4:56 gears, detroit tru trac
"4.5 rubicon express long arm upgrade
"1BL
tom woods drive shaft, MML, SYE
RE heavty duty tie rod
"35x12.5x15 BFG mud terrains with 15x8 crager black 8s
PSC front "3 tube fenders
PSC rear tube fenders
flush mount tailights
warn front/rear bumpers with swing away
warn sliders
rockhard bolt on cage with welded rear spreader bar
bedlined tub
raingler side nets
neoprene seat covers
Basically the jeep was a spur of the moment buy.* in June of 2005 my father had passed away, the plan was to take his truck and make it into a show truck, well after working in the truck and doing a few shows it became a chore to keep it clean then sit at the shows for 9 hours to just win a plastic trophy.* then one day i stubled across jeepforum.com, started to read the forums and decided life was to short to do something i wasnt happy in doing.* so 2 weeks after i found this site i bought my first jeep.* basic wrangler X stripped down.* i wanted something i could build and build strong.* its been on going, and Oct. 4th will be the 4 year anniversary that i bough the jeep.* future upgrades include rubi 241 TC, beadlocks again(wish i had never sold them).* on to the pics, thanks for considering me for ROTM

Unread 09-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #4
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

LGRIFFITH

Name: Logan Griffith
JF: LGriffith*
Mods:
- 2.5" Old Man Emu, with all 8 Rubicon Express short arms, .75" in the front.
- 1" body lift/motor mount lift.
- 33/12.5/15 MTZ's on Cragar steelies (no wheeling pictures with the new 33's yet though).
- 4WD rear bumper/tire carrier, Rokmen belly up, engine, and seering*skids, Rock Hard sliders, Riddler D30.
- KC lights on windsheild brackets, Flowmaster 50, Rubicon flares, JKS discos, Cobra CB.
Future Mods:
- Currie w/ tie rod flip
- Novak shifter
- Complete my suspension
- More skids
- Front Tubes
- 4.88's, front locker
Story:
I'm 17 and this is my first car/jeep and daily driver. Got it with 9500k on it and plan to have it for a very, very long time. Came slightly modded (2.5" lift, 32's, rear bumper, bushwackers...), but has changed greatly over the*past year. All the mods have been done myself with help from my brother (mg2000xj) and our friend Brian; on a 17 year old, high schooler's budget. I wheel at Rausch Creek OHV park in PA, and am part of the Baltimore 4 Wheelers. I take as good care of*my jeep as*possible, but wheel it pretty hard at the same time. My entire build is based on my plan to build a fully capable jeep, while still keeping it looking good, and street legal*as well. Every mod i've done has function, looks, and it being my DD in mind, and is built specifically to my needs.

BDDISI

Name: *Sammy Reagan
User Name: *bddisi
Mods:.......Here are the mods for my*1997 TJ, 4.0, 5 speed.
Drive train:*
Front hp Dana 30, 488 gear, Eaton E locker, cromo axles, Superior axle seals, custom truss, Solid diff cover, control arm skids,1in spacers.
Rear Ford 8.8, 488 gear, welded tubes, custom truss, Ford *trac lock, extra tight. Rockcrusher diff cover, *disc brakes 1.5in spacers.
Trans, Ax15, 231 transfer case with AA sye, custom drive shaft.
Suspension:
Front:
Basic Teraflex long arm, custom three link in front, Rusty's adj. tracbar, custom tracbar mount brace, Currie Anti rock, Bilstein shocks, Rusty's 5.5in springs.
Rear:
Lower Teraflex long arms, custom built, triangulated uppers, custom rear truss, Bilstein shocks, outboarded, rear shock mounts moved outward and up even with axle, rear Currie Anti rock.
Wheels and Tires:
Pro Comp 1079 Extreme Alloys 15x10, with Extreme Ring for street, 2in wide x 1/4in plate steel ring for trails.
Tires, 36x13.50 Iroks
Armor:
Steer box skid plate, Rusty's transfer case skid, Poison Spyder sliders, with rocker knocker.
Recovery:
Ramsey winch, 2.5ft Interpac hydraulic cylinder jack.
Interior:
Master Craft Rubicon seats, with shoulder harness, ORfab sport cage with floor tie ins, black and red dash panels, hand throttle, Midland cb, Pioneer stereo, custom rear bar for shoulder harness, Daystar ac panel rocker switches.*
Engine:
Stock 4.0 with SS header, Brute force air intake with spacer, Optima Blue top battery.
Misc:
Small winch in front over passenger side spring, for suck down winch. *Hella ligts, Night crawler light underneath.
Story:
I bought the jeep in 1998 and for along time was not interested in doing anything to it. *It all got started when I bought new tires and wheels. *Ever since then, its been like an addiction. *All the work, I have done my self or with friends.
Thanks for looking.
Pictures:

WAHOOJEEP

Name: Chris Hendricks
Username: *WahooJeep
Mods (optional):

Front Axle : HP60, Detroit, 5.13's, Full Hydro
Rear Axle : 14 Bolt, Shaved and Plated, Detroit, 5.13's
Wheels and Tires : 39.5 Bias TSL's, Allied Beadlocks
Drivetrain : 4.0, 6 Speed, 231 with 4:1 Terlow
Armor : Custom Tube Fenders, Custom Cage, Jeeperman Rockers, Custom Bumper, Corbeau Seats, Front and Rear Harnesses
Pictures:

I am allowed to submit a video, rather than a photo?

YouTube - Body Shop 0809

Story: This rig has been built over the last four years as a safe family wheeler. *My two sons, 10 and 7, love to go "rock crawling" as much as I do. *The rig is far from being complete, but preforms well for a full bodied vehicle. *In the next year, we should finish up the air shocks and rework the suspension. *Thanks for the consideration.

Unread 09-20-2009, 09:49 PM   #5
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

NEWRACER

Name: Michael Castell
Username: newracer
99 TJ Sport
36" x 13.5" IROKs on 15 x 8 Champion beadlocks
Front Axle- *High Pinion Dana 44,*ARB*Locker,*4:56 gears, Chrome Moly*shafts,**Yukon Super U-joints. 3/4 ton Warn locking hubs, custom heavy duty drag links, tie-rods. Crane diff cover, and custom truss.
Rear Axle-*Super 44 (33 spline Chrome Moly shafts),*ARB Air Locker,*4:56 gears. Blue Torch Fab diff cover
4.5" Teraflex LCG with a custom built four link system in the rear.
The rear is stretched 5"
1" body lift and MORE heavy duty motor mounts with 1" lift
TeraLow 4 to 1.
TerraLow SYE
Terraflex Belly Up skid plate
Warn 9000 winch, Roadless Gear In-cab control and wireless control
Poison Spider Customs*front Stinger, Tube fenders, Rocker Guards and Crush Corners
Nth degree oil pan skid
Wilderness rear bumper, tire rack, CO2 mount, Fuel can mount,*and cargo basket.
SWAG Offroad drop down tailgate conversion
The stock gas tank was replaced with a RCI*fuel cell and a custom 3/8" steel skid plate built around it.
Raingler netting
Tuffy center console and rear seat under drawer
OR Fab sport cage.

RUBICONR6

Name: Dustin England
Username: Rubiconr6
Jeep: 03 Rubicon
Mods:
5.5 Rubicon Express Extreme Duty Long Arm Kit
RE Stainless Braided Brake Lines
RE Extreme Duty Shocks
RE CV Rear Driveshaft
Volant Periscoop Snorkel
Airaid Throttle Body Spacer
Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler
Warn 9.5ti Thermometric Winch
DC-1 Black Wheels (x5)
Pro Comp Xterrain Tires (x5)
Rampage Tail Lens
Besttop Entry Guards
Headlight and Taillight Guards
Blackout Headlamp Bezels
Red Top Optima Battery
Cobra 29 Classic with*NightWatch Display CB
Custom Fabs:
Winch Plate
Tube Fenders with Tube Flares
Rocker Guards with Tube Side Bar
Tire Carrier
Steering Box Skid Plate

If you could let me know if this is ok for the contest. Thanks

Unread 09-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #6
Idaho-Jeep
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Very impressive group - there was also some impressive rigs that did not make the top 10. Love this contest each month. Let the voting begin!
Idaho-Jeep is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:50 PM   #7
_TIM_
1998 TJ Wrangler 

WHoooo!! I got the 1st vote!

Good luck to everyone!
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:51 PM   #8
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

gunkel ftw haha

good luck everyone, Very nice rigs.

Last edited by 2006_Sport; 09-20-2009 at 10:04 PM..
2006_Sport is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 09:59 PM   #9
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

as always guys, remember to Crawl the thread for exposure!

Unread 09-20-2009, 10:01 PM   #10
bddisi
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Good looking group of jeeps. Good luck to everyone.
bddisi is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:08 PM   #11
_TIM_
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
as always guys, remember to Crawl the thread for exposure!
CRAWL'd........
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:09 PM   #12
FlyinPhil
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Gunkel FTW!!!. but all of these look like very well built and capable rigs.
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:38 PM   #13
Gunkel

2006 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks Will for persevering through another month! and thanks to all of the judges to even include me in the company of the other ten awesome jeeps, I am humbled!! and to everyone who votes, regardless of who you vote for, thanks for taking the time!! Man are there some cool jeeps again this month!!!

Greg

Fireproof...jeep build thread

Cosmo Blue LJ...jeep build thread
Gunkel is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:45 PM   #14
ciscok1d
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Wow, I see why you guys had a hard time picking this month, I can barely pick one to vote for. Some great rigs everyone.
ciscok1d is offline   Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-20-2009, 10:49 PM   #15
Kenbo-Slice
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I have to go with Gunkel, for the simple fact that his rig started out as what many would call "a lost cause." Amazing rigs guys, and it was a tough decision! Crawled!
Kenbo-Slice is offline   Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.