Seat belt retractor release - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Seat belt retractor release

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-14-2010, 06:56 PM   #1
gdelong
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Seat belt retractor release

Help, I took my seat belt retractors loose to line the tub. the belts retracted now I cant get them to release so I can re connect the retractor device to the rool bars. what is the trick mto release these belts.
thanks

gdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 07:02 PM   #2
jdub36
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I am not sure if there is a trick to make them release. All of the write-ups suggest tying them up so they don't retract too far. maybe someone will come along with a suggestion to get the belt back out.

jw
jdub36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #3
GilpinTJ
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdelong View Post
Help, I took my seat belt retractors loose to line the tub. the belts retracted now I cant get them to release so I can re connect the retractor device to the rool bars. what is the trick mto release these belts.
thanks
I think you need to be sure that the mechanism is vertical - just like when it's installed.

Colorado Jeep Club Member #494

www.thepokerfloorman.com
GilpinTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2010, 10:17 PM   #4
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Somebody said in the 1 liner write-up to step on the metal part that goes to the side of the seat with your feet and pull up and try to stand up with the retractor. I tied mine up so I didn't have this problem though so not sure if it'll work.
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2010, 01:09 AM   #5
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

There is a weight inside that has to be at just the right spot to release. Just hold the retractor upright and level and it should release. If not, keep trying. It should come free.
Unread 07-16-2010, 07:51 PM   #6
gdelong
2006 TJ Wrangler 

thanks, holing it in the orginal positon was the trick. released fine
gdelong is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
tomcat9x19

jeep seat belts stuck

I held mine in original position fed more belt in (it was a tight fit) then pulled more out took me about 25 or more times but i finally got enough out that i had more play room to get the rest out. have patience and take your time! best way to fix it is prevent it!
tomcat9x19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-06-2012, 04:57 PM   #8
jchou
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Same thing happen to me yesterday actually!
Good you find the solution, it took me few try and beers to get it too )
jchou is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seat belt , seatbelt , retracting , stuck , release , removed

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.