Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Seasonal Clean Up

736 views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  Mousejockey 
#1 ·
Well, Summer is about at an end and Im looking to my annual clean up
This involves tearing the interior out, cleaning it piece by piece, scrubbing the carpet, vac/shampooing the seats and putting it back together along with the hard top. Finishing it off with the annual buff/wax.
The trails I hit during the summer, namely Fordyce, Rubicon and Barrett lake, have a lot of dirt/dust on them. Fine talk powder like dust a 1/2 thick on the trail at times, really gets into everything :mad:

Anyone else deal with this? Any thoughts/ideas on clean up?
Prevention isn't going to happen, No stopping the dust and Im hitting these trails with full gusto :D

#2 ·
I know just how you feel, did Fordyce last month and oh yea it is dusty. I tough I was the only jeeper that's a little anal about cleaning the jeep. Try using damp Q-tips to get into the vent's

#3 ·
As someone who lives in that area, my process is to just take out everything and spray it down well, then leave it out to dry. Whatever is left damp rag and some scrubbing. For the dash I just remove the vents and speaker covers and spray those. The rest of the small hard to get in places a Q-tip works well

#7 ·
Makes me glad my interior is bedlined... thought I wouldn't mind having carpet to toss in and out whenever I wanted.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.