SE Curious - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > SE Curious

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Reply
Unread 08-10-2006, 09:03 AM   #1
SpitNine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 613
SE Curious

Does anyone out there have a 2003 SE with air conditioning and an automatic transmission?
Thanks.

__________________
2003 SE Dark Khaki & Dark Khaki Hardtop
POS NVG1500 Transmission
Stock except for the TrueTrac out back
Garvin Wilderness Front and Rear Bumpers
It's only a machine. You can love it if you want but it will not love you back. VOTE!
SpitNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 10:36 AM   #2
jeepin_man
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Sumter, S.C.
Posts: 169
I do not, but why do you ask?
jeepin_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2006, 12:25 PM   #3
SpikeMangler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitNine
Does anyone out there have a 2003 SE with air conditioning and an automatic transmission?
Thanks.

I have a 2005 SE with A/C and an auto trans.

Not much difference in the 2 (same owners manual).
__________________
[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Red Jeep Club Member #368[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
[url]http://members.cox.net/mangler_x/Jeep/100_1612.jpg[/url]

If I wanted a [SIZE="2"][B][I]HUMMER[/I][/B][/SIZE], Id go see your Sister!
SpikeMangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 01:29 PM   #4
SpitNine
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Northeast PA
Posts: 613
Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpikeMangler
I have a 2005 SE with A/C and an auto trans.
Not much difference in the 2 (same owners manual).
How's the performance with the air conditioning running?
I'm thinking that the engine would really bog down when the air was running.
Thanks.
__________________
2003 SE Dark Khaki & Dark Khaki Hardtop
POS NVG1500 Transmission
Stock except for the TrueTrac out back
Garvin Wilderness Front and Rear Bumpers
It's only a machine. You can love it if you want but it will not love you back. VOTE!
SpitNine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 01:49 PM   #5
woody-77
Vulcan FTW
 
woody-77's Avatar
2007 FSJ Cherokee 
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: NotfromOxford, MS
Posts: 1,094
I would probably get an SE with a manual transmission, I would imagine the auto would downshift a good bit every hill you go up.
__________________
Gone but not forgotten: '86 CJ7, '06 Wrangler X, '03 Rubicon, '97 Wrangler, '77 CJ5, '74 CJ5(RIP)...gone and forgotten: 07 JK Sahara Unlimited, '78 CJ5


Quote:
Thread deleted by Jerry Bransford
Reason: This was beyond human decency... posting about someone's girlfriend is ****ed up.
woody-77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #6
$lick
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 816
every vehicle bogs down a little when you have the AC running..


me personally i dont believe in ac in jeeps.. i have a 97 SE... my doors come off easily and the top comes down..
$lick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 05:36 PM   #7
Rule303
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 2,077
I'd imagine a 4 cylinder auto bogs down every time you put it in drive!
Rule303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:18 PM   #8
SpikeMangler
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Las Vegas, Nevada
Posts: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpitNine
How's the performance with the air conditioning running?
I'm thinking that the engine would really bog down when the air was running.
Thanks.

Ive got the I6 so its really not too bad.
Unlike my 4 cyl S-10 which really feels a pull on the engine with A/C.

However I dont run A/C unless its extemely hot
__________________
[B][I][U][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"][FONT="Century Gothic"]Red Jeep Club Member #368[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/U][/I][/B]
[url]http://members.cox.net/mangler_x/Jeep/100_1612.jpg[/url]

If I wanted a [SIZE="2"][B][I]HUMMER[/I][/B][/SIZE], Id go see your Sister!
SpikeMangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:22 PM   #9
Deezul
Registered User
2004 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 1,569
I notice zero difference....could be the mods helping though I guess
__________________
2004 Khaki Rubicon. Jeeperman Custom Brushguard and 54" bumper, Kilby steering skid, Skidrow radiator skid, SRC Rockcrawler rocker guards, UFW Al Engine Skid, OME Shocks, JKS Quicker Discos, AEM Dryflo intake;KC Slimlight 130W Long range lights, ORO LiteDots and LitePlate, Banks Stainless Monster cat-back, Eclipse stereo, BA Speakers, Jeeperman Handles, Cobra CB, interior leds... more to come.

**R.I.P NOW TOTALED** 98TJ Sport, 30x9.5 BFG ATKO's on AR Outlaw II's, K&N FIPK, Borla Catback,
Green jeep club member #139
Deezul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:28 PM   #10
thesherm
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky05
I'd imagine a 4 cylinder auto bogs down every time you put it in drive!


with a manual you will have more control over the power curve, although some folks says that is wrong, lame and stupid to perpetuate (see quotes in my sig)
__________________
98 Sahara
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Unfortunately you are one of those poor misguided folks that believes leaving the gear shift lever in one slot or another is an indication of control.

Come go for a ride and I'll be glad to demonstrate the difference between what you perceive incorrectly as "control" and what control actually is.

Pick a different reason because that one is both lame and stupid to perpetuate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Pardon me for damaging your precious reputation. It's not that I disagree, that would be a difference of opinion. This isn't subjective, it's objective, you are just wrong. If you make that statement, you are misguided. It is that simple.
thesherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2006, 08:30 PM   #11
thesherm
Registered User
1998 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Corning, NY
Posts: 710
Quote:
Originally Posted by $lick
me personally i dont believe in ac in jeeps.. i have a 97 SE... my doors come off easily and the top comes down..
that is ideal, but some of our fellow jeepers live in desert climates and would fry in the heat.
__________________
98 Sahara
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Unfortunately you are one of those poor misguided folks that believes leaving the gear shift lever in one slot or another is an indication of control.

Come go for a ride and I'll be glad to demonstrate the difference between what you perceive incorrectly as "control" and what control actually is.

Pick a different reason because that one is both lame and stupid to perpetuate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine
Pardon me for damaging your precious reputation. It's not that I disagree, that would be a difference of opinion. This isn't subjective, it's objective, you are just wrong. If you make that statement, you are misguided. It is that simple.
thesherm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.