school me on door surrounds - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > school me on door surrounds

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 03-16-2014, 07:10 AM   #1
Bigdude408
1997 TJ Wrangler 

school me on door surrounds

So, Im ready to replace my soft top on my jeep. I just purchased some full doors for her, it came with half doors and no surrounds. there always seemed like it was missing something around the top half of the door, it just looked unfinished. doing a little research, it seems like I should have surrounds, but the last replacement top must have been the one without them.

I'm looking for any suggestions on what soft top to get... I was thinking the bestop frameless, but does one come with the surrounds, or would it be better to find a stock set and install before I get the top?

thanks in advanced!

Bigdude408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #2
thethirdeye
2004 TJ Wrangler 

If I remember correctly, the bestop trektop nx comes with new door surrounds, the rampage does not, I don't know about any others, a lot of the replace-a-tops don't use door surrounds, they are set up more like a YJ, where they use the "b-piller" bar and upper bar from the top frame to make the top and rear door seals, but thats only if they have an aftermarket softtop frame
thethirdeye is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:31 AM   #3
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I have the rampage frameless soft top. Personally I love it. Window storage right under the top and easily in safari mode or taken off completely. You would need a bestop or similar windshield heard for a top like this though.
http://www.quadratec.com/products/11122_02_07.htm
As far as door surrounds go, it would be expensive to buy new and most aftermarket ones aren't as good as factory. Keep an eye out on craigslist until a set comes up that you can grab.
Unread 03-16-2014, 07:52 AM   #4
BorderTJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJeepJosh
I have the rampage flameless soft top.
Nice! I hear flameless tops are preferred for re-entry into earth's atmosphere! Haha
BorderTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 08:41 AM   #5
TJJeepJosh
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BorderTJ View Post
Nice! I hear flameless tops are preferred for re-entry into earth's atmosphere! Haha
Oops didn't see that there
Unread 03-16-2014, 09:51 AM   #6
Line58
1998 TJ Wrangler 

You can probably get one from somewhere like Daveys Jeeps.

Sent from my iPad using JeepForum
Unread 03-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #7
nichelsond
2001 TJ Wrangler 

sent you a pm
nichelsond is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-16-2014, 02:06 PM   #8
Bigdude408
1997 TJ Wrangler 

ive seen them on craigs list for 75 or 80 bucks a few times, looks like I should have bought them up. I didn't know they was that valuable.
Bigdude408 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.