Savvy vs. Rokmen Aluminum Corner Armor - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy vs. Rokmen Aluminum Corner Armor

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 09-20-2009, 10:57 PM   #1
eblack
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Savvy vs. Rokmen Aluminum Corner Armor

Well the title says it all. I am after some corner armor after a few close calls this weekend. So give me some possitives and negativezs. Hey, if anything give me soe alternatives. Something "chEEp" if their is such a thing in the jeep world. I am looking for excellent coverage and strength. I dont think that their is a good thread comparing and giving negatives on some brands that people should really know. So now is your time and I need some direction, be my compass.

eblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:06 PM   #2
jeepy01
2006 TJ Wrangler 

rokmen all the way you cant beat the quality they put into everything they make
jeepy01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:24 PM   #3
eblack
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thats, what i hear, QUALITY. Never can argue with that. Does Rokmen corner armor need a backstripping.
Unread 09-20-2009, 11:29 PM   #4
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

same product. both companies are quality, rokmen has excellent customer service. I think they are priced similar. Call both Dave (Rokmen) and Gerald (Savvy) and see who will give you the best price.
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:02 AM   #5
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Both Rokmen and Savvy make outstanding products. You can't go wrong with either.

Here's ours:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/s...orners-860557/

Check out our prototype tub rub rails! Soon to be released! Stainless steel, hidden fasteners, protect all the way around the corner and will work with most anybody's corners!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:06 AM   #6
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
Both Rokmen and Savvy make outstanding products. You can't go wrong with either.

Here's ours:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/s...orners-860557/

Check out our prototype tub rub rails! Soon to be released! Stainless steel, hidden fasteners, protect all the way around the corner and will work with most anybody's corners!
You're such a dog.
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #7
Vandano
1998 TJ Wrangler 

i think this is gunna fire up a corner rail Q&A better get the details out there fast.
Vandano is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:17 AM   #8
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

I like those rub rails. If they work with the TNT corners, consider a set sold once they are released and I've got money in the Jeep fund again.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:23 AM   #9
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Let's not clutter the OP's thread. I created a separate thread for the rails.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/sa...photos-861993/

eblack Sorry!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:32 AM   #10
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by eblack View Post
Well the title says it all. I am after some corner armor after a few close calls this weekend. So give me some possitives and negativezs. Hey, if anything give me soe alternatives. Something "chEEp" if their is such a thing in the jeep world. I am looking for excellent coverage and strength. I dont think that their is a good thread comparing and giving negatives on some brands that people should really know. So now is your time and I need some direction, be my compass.
I don't know of any negatives with either brand and that should include Genright's stuff as well.

If we didn't make corners, I'd buy Genright's and have before purely because they are closer. As in less than 100 miles from me, so I could go pick them up.

If it matters, Genright had theirs out first and then Rokmen followed. We're a bit behind and truthfully, wouldn't even make them if we didn't need them to match our rock rails and as a base for our tub rails.
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:33 AM   #11
QuickSilverCon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

^those pictures reafirm my statement. Both sets are quality and very similar. It really comes down to personal choice. Personally, I like Rokmens better, I like their rub rail better and I like the fact that the rail is Aluminum too.

I'm not exactly in the market for corners as I cannot see ever replacing my strykers, they are just to fricken awesome.

EDIT: genright may be quality, but honestly you can't charge that much more for the same product and expect a stingy *** like me to pay for em. Last I checked they were 200+ more than the competition
QuickSilverCon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 12:43 AM   #12
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilverCon View Post
^those pictures reafirm my statement. Both sets are quality and very similar. It really comes down to personal choice. Personally, I like Rokmens better, I like their rub rail better and I like the fact that the rail is Aluminum too.
Nothing against Dave and their very fine products and you know I'm a huge fan of aluminum, but we just can't make rails like that work for where we play.

In JV, it's absolutely imperative that they wrap around the corners. There is far too many times where you slide off the line going up a fall and when you back down, you've slid over in front of a big *** boulder. Almost all of us at one point or another have folded the soft top belt rail in at the back corner on both sides.

If it didn't look so goofy, I'd just make the corners.
Unread 09-21-2009, 02:02 AM   #13
jeep2008
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilverCon View Post
same product. both companies are quality, rokmen has excellent customer service. I think they are priced similar. Call both Dave (Rokmen) and Gerald (Savvy) and see who will give you the best price.
I will not comment on the quality of these 2 companies,but from what i read and not personal experience i believe they are both top!But when it comes to customer service i would have to go with Savvy.I have sent an email and pm's to Rockmen a couple of times with no answer whatsoever.When i sent a pm to Savvy or even an email they answered me the next day.Someone once said that Rockmen is a small company and it's better to call them than send emails but i'm on the other side of the ocean and i cannot do that and i also feel pretty insecure if someone doesn't bother to answer my questions via email.Quality aside, i would have gone with Savvy for that reason alone

No Jeep right now
04TJ (SOLD)
01TJ (SOLD)
jeep2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 08:10 AM   #14
Unlimited04
This post/info=my opinion

2004 LJ Wrangler 

chose whichever you'd like. Personally, I'd choose Rokmen since they're local to Colorado. Rokmen has excellent customer service, they're great guys and they are meticulous about quality. Savvy is the same way, so its really up to you!

Rokmen is a pretty small operation...don't email them or PM them, they're usually busy working, building or something. Just call them Shocking I know - using a phone for talking.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2009, 01:29 PM   #15
eblack
2004 TJ Wrangler 

wow, guys. I really like the new rails from Savvy and yes they are both excellent quality. Just wondering is their a difference with the number of holes drilled into the body with certain products.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.