Savvy Off Road Only LED Trail Lights - Page 9 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy Off Road Only LED Trail Lights

TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!Alloy usa heavy duty ball joint kitsENGO QUADLUX 6" to 54" LED AMBER AND WHITE MULTI

Unread 06-27-2009, 11:07 PM   #121
RicanLJ
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
As much as you all like the idea, it won't happen. I refuse to force customers to advertise against their will.

I have hated logos cut into stuff from the first time I saw it and that has affected a few of my purchases. I'm almost certain I'm not the only one that feels this way.
Thank You!

RicanLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 06:10 AM   #122
Sweeney
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
As much as you all like the idea, it won't happen. I refuse to force customers to advertise against their will.

I have hated logos cut into stuff from the first time I saw it and that has affected a few of my purchases. I'm almost certain I'm not the only one that feels this way.
I feel the same way. Our BMW turbo manifolds have our logo cast onto them but done in a way it can be ground off in a few minutes if the customer doesn't want it.

The "SAVVY" sticker that came with my skid was promptly placed on a white sheet of paper, photographed and loaded into my V-Carve Pro software to be machined in 3D. I thought you and Gerald might like some big 'Texas' style belt buckles

Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:08 AM   #123
kaybone
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for showing the pictures of the product on your mall crawler. I have to say, those are the nicest looking after market LED lights that have seen yet! They have a very clean, well-designed OEM look to them. Especially, when a lot of after-market products often look kind of kluged on after the fact.
I can't wait to see your street version of them. I take back what I wrote earlier about the price. I'm sure I well end up with a set of these eventually.
They are still screaming out to be black, however. But if the billet housing is separate which it looks like it is, I'll just rattle-can them like suggested earlier in this thread. I hope you post a thread when the street version is done and available. You will sell many.
Gun Metal Blue Jeep Club Member #99
kaybone is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:55 AM   #124
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweeney View Post
I feel the same way. Our BMW turbo manifolds have our logo cast onto them but done in a way it can be ground off in a few minutes if the customer doesn't want it.

The "SAVVY" sticker that came with my skid was promptly placed on a white sheet of paper, photographed and loaded into my V-Carve Pro software to be machined in 3D. I thought you and Gerald might like some big 'Texas' style belt buckles

That looks good, really good, but won't it loose a bit in translation on the sharp corners?
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:58 AM   #125
TJDaveX
Motorized Toy Collector

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Do I spy rubber seals around the lights on the black Jeep that are not on the first Jeep pic? Is that an afterthought? DIY seals? Or will they be included in the kit?

At first I was thinking I would want them black, but seeing them with the gas tank skid looks good.
TJDaveX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 08:59 AM   #126
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

not a bit if it gets lasered in.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:01 AM   #127
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
not a bit if it gets lasered in.
The way it's drawn shows the path of the end mill with the piece clamped down. If you lasered it, you'd have to cut it out and then re-attach the letters to a backer or leave connectors which would ruin the look.
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:03 AM   #128
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post
Do I spy rubber seals around the lights on the black Jeep that are not on the first Jeep pic? Is that an afterthought? DIY seals? Or will they be included in the kit?

At first I was thinking I would want them black, but seeing them with the gas tank skid looks good.
No seal, just the reflection in the shiny paint of the bezel.
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #129
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaybone View Post
Thanks for showing the pictures of the product on your mall crawler. I have to say, those are the nicest looking after market LED lights that have seen yet! They have a very clean, well-designed OEM look to them. Especially, when a lot of after-market products often look kind of kluged on after the fact.
I can't wait to see your street version of them. I take back what I wrote earlier about the price. I'm sure I well end up with a set of these eventually.
They are still screaming out to be black, however. But if the billet housing is separate which it looks like it is, I'll just rattle-can them like suggested earlier in this thread. I hope you post a thread when the street version is done and available. You will sell many.
Black is definately in the picture now. Whether it is powdercoat, teflon, or some other material that will look good in the future and take some abuse. We'll get it to you.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:10 AM   #130
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDaveX View Post

It is just a very tight fit. The OEM holes get pulled out from the OEM housing. I just tapped them with a rubber malletso they slightly inward and the fit is perfect!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:12 AM   #131
ChrisThoms
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
Black is definately in the picture now. Whether it is powdercoat, teflon, or some other material that will look good in the future and take some abuse. We'll get it to you.
Very nice! Thanks.
ChrisThoms is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:15 AM   #132
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The way it's drawn shows the path of the end mill with the piece clamped down. If you lasered it, you'd have to cut it out and then re-attach the letters to a backer or leave connectors which would ruin the look.
no, we have laser machines that only go a couple tenths at a time, so woth multiple passes you "burn" as deep as you want, ill try to take a picture of a part Monday to show you if you like. We do it for recycle logo's in our molds, and customer logo's. Look at the bottom of a pepsi bottle, although it loses sharpness when the plastic gets blow into the lasered area, you'll get the idea.

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:20 AM   #133
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
no, we have laser machines that only go a couple tenths at a time, so woth multiple passes you "burn" as deep as you want, ill try to take a picture of a part Monday to show you if you like. We do it for recycle logo's in our molds, and customer logo's. Look at the bottom of a pepsi bottle, although it loses sharpness when the plastic gets blow into the lasered area, you'll get the idea.
So you're doing the same as a sinker wire EDM with a laser? And what's that worth in burn time?
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #134
Sweeney
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
That looks good, really good, but won't it loose a bit in translation on the sharp corners?
I can keep the 'corners' to 0.001" radius if using a 15* 'V' bit with 0.002" flat tip but I've been using 0.020" or 0.030" tip until I get a high speed spindle.

V-Carve will bring the tip of the cutting tool up the corner to 'square' it giving the appearance of a chiseled corner.

A prototype trail marker in bronze using a 0.030" tip 30* 'v' bit. The '1997' is 0.750" tall.

Sweeney is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2009, 09:36 AM   #135
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Are you guys speaking english? I have a hard enough time typing as it is!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.