Savvy Off Road Only LED Trail Lights - Page 43 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy Off Road Only LED Trail Lights

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 09-26-2012, 07:09 AM   #631
Sobie
Bolt-on Maniac

I've had my "new and improved" Lite Dots installed for about 10 months. The LEDs are fine so far, but there is a nice bubble in the middle of the black face of them. Almost looks like the sun or heat got to them. Should have went with the Savvy lights the first time.

Unread 09-26-2012, 07:20 AM   #632
55willystruck

I had to dig back to see when I got my Savvy tail lights and near as I can tell, it was in February of 2011. They've been on the rig since that time and in that time, they've been submerged in both water and nasty mud/muck/crap and run without issue. Faced weather of all kinds, and while I forget if I rolled the rig with these in place, it has definitely been on it's side without question with them installed. I can't count how many trees I've backed the corners down into with the tight timber trails up here. I don't have any submerged or under the muck pics but was told they put out a cool glow at night under the crap and made the muck look "cool".

I guess my point to all this is I use my rig for what it was intended. Do I abuse it? I try not to but I certainly don't baby it either. It does what is asked of it and I expect it to perform in all conditions I put it through, yet still maintain daily driver duty as well. The Savvy LED lights have been excellent since install back on day 1 when I received them. Despite what they've been through, they are still bright as hell and function without issue. I still get asked about them from time to time-not as much as I did at first, but most of the local guys here already know about them now. JK guys are asking now or commenting the most on them. Regardless, while they are a fair bit of coin for initial purchase, it is money very well spent on about the best bolt-on TJ LED light out there. If you're looking at a quality set of aftermarket tail lights, the function of, and the features built in to these lights and housings is WELL worth the price of admission. I've been very happy with mine, and especially so here over a year and 8 months later. If you're on the fence about these, just jump, you'll be glad you did.

Best of Luck,

Mike
55willystruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 04:46 PM   #633
mcicero

2014 JK Wrangler 

I just installed these today along with the full LJ corners. I have a couple of questions. What did you do about your license plate bracket? The picture on the website looks like they have some sort of drop bracket. Also if any of you have the light bolts for the license plate, where did you splice them into?
mcicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 04:52 PM   #634
Jerry Bransford
Do it right or not at all

2004 TJ Wrangler 

I'm running Savvy's corners and tail lights and used Lightning Boltz lights for the license plate that are spliced into the tail light lead.

Coolest offroad magazine ever! CRAWL Magazine

When you have a choice, buy American.

Jerry Bransford is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 05:05 PM   #635
mcicero

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I'm running Savvy's corners and tail lights and used Lightning Boltz lights for the license plate that are spliced into the tail light lead.
Did you just run the red to the lead then put the black to ground on a bolt or something? What about the license plate? I made it work, but it looks a little sloppy. Would rather not drill anymore holes.
mcicero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 05:09 PM   #636
F9K9
Semper Fi!

2003 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcicero View Post
I just installed these today along with the full LJ corners. I have a couple of questions. What did you do about your license plate bracket?..................
I used the original synthetic stock plate holder and some red 3M body molding tape. I always get up against something and it will hold it. Has held it for three years now.

'03 Rubicon w/a few changes.
F9K9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:36 PM   #637
tcmault

Let's here some more long term reviews? Any burn LEDs? Just plain not working, or are they all just trucking along perfectly?
Unread 03-14-2013, 08:53 PM   #638
muddy8jeep8
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Had my Savvy LED tail lights for over 3 years now. No burned out LEDs. No problems.
Unread 03-14-2013, 11:07 PM   #639
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmault View Post
Let's here some more long term reviews? Any burn LEDs? Just plain not working, or are they all just trucking along perfectly?
So far of the thousands the LEDs we have sold I have less than a handful of defects.

Most comes from water intrusion. Over tightening of the screws cracks the lens housing. Then the LEDs start to go one at a time. I've had one complete failure due to the wire been over stressed.

So pretty darn reliable.

Currently have a huge back log of them and are suppose to get them back in stock the beginning of April.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 11:39 AM   #640
ErikJordan
Pimp Hand

1995 YJ Wrangler 

I have one of the first sets introduced as "trials" even before the lights were available for sale, and mine are perfect.
This is a great product as is everything Savvy brings to market.
I am very particular about the brands I support, and the products I run on my Jeep. There is no question that I 100% support Savvy and endorse their products.

What is all of this talk of Savvily designed products?
ErikJordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-15-2013, 06:28 PM   #641
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
So far of the thousands the LEDs we have sold I have less than a handful of defects.

Most comes from water intrusion. Over tightening of the screws cracks the lens housing. Then the LEDs start to go one at a time. I've had one complete failure due to the wire been over stressed.

So pretty darn reliable.

Currently have a huge back log of them and are suppose to get them back in stock the beginning of April.
I believe we have the water issue solved. We've been gluing up the holes for the external light wiring that the factory left open and we've not had any failures since.
Unread 04-15-2013, 08:57 PM   #642
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Just a little bit longer. The LED manufacture changed the mold slightly so we have to make a small machining change.

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 05-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #643
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

In stock and shipping!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 07-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #644
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Finally back in stock!

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:20 AM   #645
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

I also got mine before they were available retail. I have had no issues with mine.

And for the guy that asked about the plate, yes Savvy has a drop bracket. It doesn't require any drilling. I couldn't find it on their site, but I know it exists because i have one on my Jeep.

I did manage to kil my first piece of Savvy gear. It was the license plate drop bracket, which aparently was not made to hold the weight of the Jeep. The stock plastic tag holder is shredded too...

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.