Savvy Off Road Only LED Trail Lights - Page 17 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy Off Road Only LED Trail Lights

Artec Holiday Sale!Bead Lock Wheels! Raceline, Trail Ready, & Trail-GearROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Reply
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:11 PM   #241
Savvy
Vendor
 
Savvy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tustin, CA - Orange County
Posts: 6,686
No more off road only. No pre orders as we don't like to hold other peoples money. I have two preorders that get the first sets and I feel bad they have waited so patiently. Price will be announced next week. It will be close to what we have been talking about.

Thanks,

Gerald

__________________
SAVVY OFF ROAD - Overall Winner of the King of the Hammers EMC three years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule


2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-22-2009, 11:15 PM   #242
jeeptrash
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bozeman Montana
Posts: 839
Im in on the street version
jeeptrash is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 02:13 PM   #243
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley, California
Posts: 1,507
I've read the whole forum and I know there might be a little debate still about the price issue. I was at an auto parts store yesterday and the have the same exact light that is currently on our Jeeps, but in LED instead of incandescent. They retailed for $79.99 each. Now you have to get two of them which would put you at $160 roughly. For an extra $30 or so you're getting the slimline LED housing that looks just plain killer and in aluminum instead of plastic. I say it's worth it.

My vote goes to Savvy
DaleII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 08:00 PM   #244
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
I've read the whole forum and I know there might be a little debate still about the price issue. I was at an auto parts store yesterday and the have the same exact light that is currently on our Jeeps, but in LED instead of incandescent. They retailed for $79.99 each. Now you have to get two of them which would put you at $160 roughly. For an extra $30 or so you're getting the slimline LED housing that looks just plain killer and in aluminum instead of plastic. I say it's worth it.

My vote goes to Savvy
I agree, but i bet the street versions are 200-210. They have side markers, license plate light, and the factory style plugs. It wouldn't surprise me if they were 220-230. It would still be worth it, they are bad ***. I wont buy anything from savvy off road until i they come out with there rear bumper, after that im in for a heep of parts...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Don't ask me to repeat or remember those prices, I may be grumpy tomorrow and either double them or quit altogether.



Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 08:31 PM   #245
Alexia
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,797
I am looking forward to putting these on my Jeep!
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Automatic
RC 2.5" Lift - RC 2.5" Rear Track Bar Bracket - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS Front Disconnects - JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift - Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers -
Power Door Locks with Keyless Entry

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 09:31 PM   #246
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley, California
Posts: 1,507
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
I agree, but i bet the street versions are 200-210. They have side markers, license plate light, and the factory style plugs. It wouldn't surprise me if they were 220-230. It would still be worth it, they are bad ***. I wont buy anything from savvy off road until i they come out with there rear bumper, after that im in for a heep of parts...
Haha, when I start putting things on my LJ I will most definitely look at some Savvy products. Shame to the rest of the world that doesn't know about them. Pretty cool for me they're kind of local, if a 1.5 hour drive is local.

But anyway back to the lights even at a higher price you can't beat that they're made out of very strong aluminum and are a lot thinner. Any other light that mounts to the body can still be pretty easily torn off, and chances are cracked or torn apart to. Any way I think about it, you cant beat these for surface mount.
DaleII is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 10:36 PM   #247
Kono
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boca Grande, Fl.
Posts: 125
I'm ready to order the street version as well. Went to their website and didn't see any mention of the street version yet. Did i miss something ? Count me in .
__________________
Everything i have done in my life that was worthwhile......i caught hell for !
Kono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 10:52 PM   #248
Savvy
Vendor
 
Savvy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tustin, CA - Orange County
Posts: 6,686
We got everything except the OEM plug. We are still trying to source this in quantity. Right now they are $10 each from Mopar and we feel that is way to much. We know we can get them for a lot less. We have found the manufacturer but have been unable to get anybody to sell them to us yet.

Thanks for support Savvy!

Gerald
__________________
SAVVY OFF ROAD - Overall Winner of the King of the Hammers EMC three years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule


2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:15 PM   #249
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,674
Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
We got everything except the OEM plug. We are still trying to source this in quantity. Right now they are $10 each from Mopar and we feel that is way to much. We know we can get them for a lot less. We have found the manufacturer but have been unable to get anybody to sell them to us yet.

Thanks for support Savvy!

Gerald
Is it the quantity of plugs, or the fact that they have a contract with mopar to sell them to them exclusively?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Don't ask me to repeat or remember those prices, I may be grumpy tomorrow and either double them or quit altogether.



Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-25-2009, 11:31 PM   #250
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley, California
Posts: 26,604
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Is it the quantity of plugs, or the fact that they have a contract with mopar to sell them to them exclusively?
We don't know for sure yet, but I doubt it's an exclusivity thing. There are far too many Hitch companies selling plug and play T-harnesses for towing a trailer for that to be the case.
__________________
I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
mrblaine is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-27-2009, 10:16 PM   #251
Kono
Registered User
2002 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Boca Grande, Fl.
Posts: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
We don't know for sure yet, but I doubt it's an exclusivity thing. There are far too many Hitch companies selling plug and play T-harnesses for towing a trailer for that to be the case.
THanks for the update mrblaine, Let me know when they are ready and i'll send ya the money. !!!
__________________
Everything i have done in my life that was worthwhile......i caught hell for !
Kono is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 02:01 AM   #252
lumpster
Web Wheeler
 
lumpster's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: kansas City MO
Posts: 4,674
Have you found anyone to get the connectors from besides mopar?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Don't ask me to repeat or remember those prices, I may be grumpy tomorrow and either double them or quit altogether.



Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 03:49 AM   #253
Alexia
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,797
Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
We got everything except the OEM plug. We are still trying to source this in quantity. Right now they are $10 each from Mopar and we feel that is way to much. We know we can get them for a lot less. We have found the manufacturer but have been unable to get anybody to sell them to us yet.

Thanks for support Savvy!

Gerald
Are they made by Delphi? If so, they could be easily bought in quantity from Mouser.com.

If I remember I will pull a light off today and see if I can reference the connector in my catalogs. They remind me a bit of the GT150/G280 series Delphi connectors.
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Automatic
RC 2.5" Lift - RC 2.5" Rear Track Bar Bracket - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS Front Disconnects - JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift - Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers -
Power Door Locks with Keyless Entry

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-28-2009, 09:30 AM   #254
Savvy
Vendor
 
Savvy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tustin, CA - Orange County
Posts: 6,686
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexia View Post
Are they made by Delphi? If so, they could be easily bought in quantity from Mouser.com.

If I remember I will pull a light off today and see if I can reference the connector in my catalogs. They remind me a bit of the GT150/G280 series Delphi connectors.
Close! I already got samples of those but not quite. There are made by another Company and the name escapes me now. Blaine has it and is also working on getting them.

Thanks for looking!

Gerald
__________________
SAVVY OFF ROAD - Overall Winner of the King of the Hammers EMC three years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule


2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #255
Alexia
Registered User
2004 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,797
Do the side markers on the lights illuminate or are they reflectors only?
I forget if the stock lights illuminate the side markers.
__________________
2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, Automatic
RC 2.5" Lift - RC 2.5" Rear Track Bar Bracket - JKS 1.25" Body Lift - JKS Front Disconnects - JKS 1" Budget Motor Mount Lift - Spidertrax 1.25" Spacers -
Power Door Locks with Keyless Entry

Build Project Thread
Rocker Guard Comparison Chart - Final Differential Gear Ratios - Oxygen Sensor FAQ
Alexia is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Thread Tools


Suggested Threads





Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.