Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 85 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy LJ Test Mule

ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4wWarn, Smitybilt, Engo, Rugged Ridge Winches at CCORRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 08-03-2013, 04:05 AM   #1261
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

for reals?

Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 10:52 AM   #1262
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal View Post
Don't take this the wrong way, but does it really climb that much better? was it the ability to climb better your number one reason behind this overhaul? what other benefits does this setup have over the short arm setup you had originally? I know the shocks alone would have been a nice improvement but i have never seen much improvement in longer links. I'll admit that i havent seen a build as thought out with good reasoning behind it, but i have seen alot of guys lengthen their links in order to achieve results that dont seem to make a big difference. apples to oranges i know, but im curious.
The Currie SA lift that I had on this and my other Jeep were perfectly fine. There was nothing inherently wrong with it. I believe it's the best bolt on lift on the market. It is what it is, though.

Blaine has got this suspension figured out. His custom lift is nothing short of amazing. It does everything better. Climbing is a joke with this set up. If you read back a page or two you will see where Blaine and Andrew talk about climbing a hill in 2hi, that was steep and pretty rutted out, and did not even slip a tire. Blaine gets it and the suspension, with their attention to detail and all of their hard work, just gets it.

I'm kind of pressed for time, as I've been since I picked it up, so I have to make this short. Your question deserves a detailed answer and I'll provide one as soon as I get some time. I plan on getting some detailed pics up to hi light some of the work done.

You don't live that far from me. I'd be willing to meet you half way and let you drive it so you can see for yourself how it handles.
krughzn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 11:00 AM   #1263
Robert J. yates
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
Robert, I have the same problem with heavier steering at parking lot speeds when essentially at idle. It's most notable when changing direction quickly. I'm running the KRC TC pump that Blaine had help put together 4 or 5 yrs ago, and the PSC ram kit that Blaine sells. I believe I have the same Lee steering box you do. I'm thinking of upgrading to the CB pump and PSC steering box.
It will be interesting to see if you run into the same situation.
Thanx David..... I told Blaine when we were talking about this to just go full PSC and I will attempt to sell off my Lee stuff. That should take care of any issues
Robert J. yates is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:40 PM   #1264
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

How much did the jeep cost you? More than a '13 JKUR?
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:42 PM   #1265
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Not even close.
Unread 08-03-2013, 12:58 PM   #1266
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ok well maybe not I'm sure he got a deal. Throw some 38 mtrks on that beast.
MountainMan864 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:17 PM   #1267
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Ok well maybe not I'm sure he got a deal. Throw some 38 mtrks on that beast.
Staying with 37 MTR's. It isn't a DD now, but it may be one day. Plus, my son will be driving in a year and I don't want him eating up 40" tires.
Unread 08-03-2013, 01:35 PM   #1268
BamaJeepman21
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm going to guess somewhere in the low 20's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krughzn View Post
Staying with 37 MTR's. It isn't a DD now, but it may be one day. Plus, my son will be driving in a year and I don't want him eating up 40" tires.
If I had a son, I would never let him drive it except maybe in a parking lot. (and I'm 18 myself )

-Jack
BamaJeepman21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 03:35 PM   #1269
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Currie SA lift that I had on this and my other Jeep were perfectly fine. There was nothing inherently wrong with it. I believe it's the best bolt on lift on the market. It is what it is, though.

Blaine has got this suspension figured out. His custom lift is nothing short of amazing. It does everything better. Climbing is a joke with this set up. If you read back a page or two you will see where Blaine and Andrew talk about climbing a hill in 2hi, that was steep and pretty rutted out, and did not even slip a tire. Blaine gets it and the suspension, with their attention to detail and all of their hard work, just gets it.

I'm kind of pressed for time, as I've been since I picked it up, so I have to make this short. Your question deserves a detailed answer and I'll provide one as soon as I get some time. I plan on getting some detailed pics up to hi light some of the work done.

You don't live that far from me. I'd be willing to meet you half way and let you drive it so you can see for yourself how it handles.
Man, im not working right now. I'm recovering from a double hernia surgery and back surgery. My brother is on summer break from college and we are seriously considering taking a road trip to your neck of the woods.

I really like your jeep and have followed this thread for a LONG TIME. I like the results you've posted and am really excited that Blaine got these mods to work. I was showing pictures of garzas and your jeep to another jeep owner to get his initial reaction. He didnt like and didnt understand the relocating springs and shocks, aluminum armor, hydro assist etc etc. Too his defense, we see a lot of these mods and they have never worked like they're suppose too. he didnt like any of it. yet he knows what i dont like about mine so i told him to read why you guys did these mods and was in shock once he read your experiences.

The same thing applies to your suspension. I've never seen relocated links work the way they are suppose too. I've only seen them perform worse, which is why i ask. Blaines work is something i gotta see because i yet to see anyone get these mods to work the way he has. I gotta see it.

im looking at hotels right now.
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #1270
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Things can be done right or wrong. It sounds like you and your buddy have had unfortunate experiences with the latter.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #1271
Climbit
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crateampscal

Man, im not working right now. I'm recovering from a double hernia surgery and back surgery. My brother is on summer break from college and we are seriously considering taking a road trip to your neck of the woods.

I really like your jeep and have followed this thread for a LONG TIME. I like the results you've posted and am really excited that Blaine got these mods to work. I was showing pictures of garzas and your jeep to another jeep owner to get his initial reaction. He didnt like and didnt understand the relocating springs and shocks, aluminum armor, hydro assist etc etc. Too his defense, we see a lot of these mods and they have never worked like they're suppose too. he didnt like any of it. yet he knows what i dont like about mine so i told him to read why you guys did these mods and was in shock once he read your experiences.

The same thing applies to your suspension. I've never seen relocated links work the way they are suppose too. I've only seen them perform worse, which is why i ask. Blaines work is something i gotta see because i yet to see anyone get these mods to work the way he has. I gotta see it.

im looking at hotels right now.
In the interest of not cluttering this thread, why don't you start another thread with your specific experiences and what mods you don't like or have had issues with and imped and Blaine can set you straight.
Climbit is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:14 PM   #1272
crateampscal
2005 TJ Wrangler 

i got carried away, sorry mike. I don't dislike any of his mods and think its amazing what these guys do. Im just curious and he answered my question.

thanks
crateampscal is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:20 PM   #1273
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

No worries, Tom. I don't mind at all. Technically, this is Gerald's thread anyway so we should just blow it up.
Unread 08-03-2013, 08:25 PM   #1274
krughzn
Welcome to The Rock

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
It's not really fair to say what it cost me since I got a really good deal from Gerald and Blaine has been more than generous with his time, knowledge and skill to really to put a price on that as well.

It's much less than what it's worth and much more than what my wife thinks I've spent.

Can't compare The Mule to a JKUR. Mine will outperform it in just about every way.
Unread 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM   #1275
4wdjeepguy
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Then we added the Savvy Half doors. I wanted to keep these on during the Summer so Blaine installed some mirrors.

Did you powder coat those semi gloss black?
4wdjeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.