Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy LJ Test Mule

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 02-16-2010, 07:41 PM   #76
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
30 bucks for a jam nut? WOW are they insane?
look at their market segment

I'll have less than $50 in each of my AL links when I'm done. BUT, I've been collecting "scrap" material by the pound for over a year. oh that's with the heim's too

Unread 02-16-2010, 07:42 PM   #77
cmgorman94
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Do you have any idea what Gerald would do to that 800 dollars worth of lower arms in one trip out in JV?
Judging by the videos I've seen of the owner of Off Road Evolution wheeling his Jeep on the Ultimate Adventure, I would say not too much that hasn't already been done. Like i said, I think that they would cost too much for you to be any where near competitive in the market with them.
cmgorman94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #78
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Id have a hell of a time shelling out 35 bucks for cromo barrels for the JJ's, let alone what they are asking for arms and jam nuts.

I guess im just a broke jeeper trying to get by.

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:49 PM   #79
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I take that back this has already been answered

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #80
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgorman94 View Post
Judging by the videos I've seen of the owner of Off Road Evolution wheeling his Jeep on the Ultimate Adventure, I would say not too much that hasn't already been done. Like i said, I think that they would cost too much for you to be any where near competitive in the market with them.
I think you misunderstood. I doubt that Gerald would break them, but aesthetically, they would be trashed. The radii at the lower corners are not nearly large enough to stop big wickers from being peeled up.
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:27 PM   #81
BeerMe
1975 CJ5 

Only Savvy could post a pic of a Jeep with a chrome grill and then get six pages of comments without a single comment about it. If this were anybody else somewhere in the first page someone would drop a tried and true pearl of wisdom like - "Chrome won't get you home"

You guys freakin run this place! Next week everybody will be running chrome grills!
BeerMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #82
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post
Only Savvy could post a pic of a Jeep with a chrome grill and then get six pages of comments without a single comment about it. If this were anybody else somewhere in the first page someone would drop a tried and true pearl of wisdom like - "Chrome won't get you home"

You guys freakin run this place! Next week everybody will be running chrome grills!
lol, I thought the same thing. I was going to comment, but I had more pressing issues.

Gerald, didn't you want to polish all of the savvy stuff?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:35 PM   #83
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerMe View Post

Guess I owe you a Beer! I have been so lazy that I never got around to yanking it off. I not sure what's under it.

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #84
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
lol, I thought the same thing. I was going to comment, but I had more pressing issues.
Like speaking for Blaine? or trying to? JK.

But Gerald that LJ looks great..but it looks like the belly is lonely down there waiting anxiously
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:37 PM   #85
Apex
Recon death squad

2002 TJ Wrangler 

I would have just said it wasn't chrome..it is polished aluminum.

Current vehicles: 06 F250 Superduty - 6.0L PSD Straight piped and tuned
03 CBR600RR -1 +2, Yoshi'd & Battlaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bddisi View Post
Finesse in crawling looks way cooler than momentum.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:39 PM   #86
cmgorman94
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
I think you misunderstood. I doubt that Gerald would break them, but aesthetically, they would be trashed. The radii at the lower corners are not nearly large enough to stop big wickers from being peeled up.
I don't pretend to know much about aluminum, but isn't that always a concern when you mix rocks and aluminum? i have no personal experience with your products, (Though i REALLY want the gas tank skid) but when you drag your gas tank skid across the rocks don't you get gouges? I guess I just assumed that was the nature of the beast. In my experiences it really doesn't matter what materials you use, if you play in the rocks your undercarriage won't be as pretty as when you started.

My whole point in posting that link was just to point out it can be done. Unfortunately, 99% of the TJ market would never be willing to pay the prices that you would need to charge to produce the arms. I would love to see some for the TJ, but I admittedly would be far too cheap to actually buy them.
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:47 PM   #87
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmgorman94 View Post
I don't pretend to know much about aluminum, but isn't that always a concern when you mix rocks and aluminum?
It's all about the length of the radius. The smaller it is or put another way, the sharper the corner is, the more susceptible it is to damage. Keep the radii large and you minimize the damage.

Quote:

i have no personal experience with your products, (Though i REALLY want the gas tank skid) but when you drag your gas tank skid across the rocks don't you get gouges?
Of course you get gouges, but what makes you think steel is any better?

Quote:
I guess I just assumed that was the nature of the beast. In my experiences it really doesn't matter what materials you use, if you play in the rocks your undercarriage won't be as pretty as when you started.
No truer words were ever spoken.

Quote:
My whole point in posting that link was just to point out it can be done. Unfortunately, 99% of the TJ market would never be willing to pay the prices that you would need to charge to produce the arms. I would love to see some for the TJ, but I admittedly would be far too cheap to actually buy them.
Can be done and will it work are two dramatically different concepts. Lots of stuff has been done. Not all of it works well enough to survive JV.
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:49 PM   #88
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Is that a bungee cord holding the rear bumper on????
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #89
-Rudy-
1997 XJ Cherokee 

I don't know how you can design the rest of your skids from aluminum and not some control arms? Aren't you technically dragging your gas tank skid across the same rocks the control arms would see?

I still understand the strength issues, etc. and I'm not questioning you. Merely wondering where the logic is in that.

The LJ looks great. Could probably just scuff up the chrome and hit it with some krylon flat black if you're really lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahRose
something big and fun
-Rudy- is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2010, 08:52 PM   #90
cmgorman94
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I don't think steel is any better, and already stated that it doesn't matter what you use. I need to replenish my account so that I can splurge for your gas tank skid, from what I can tell it is top notch. I understand what you're saying about the radii now, thanks for the knowledge..

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.