Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 50 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #736 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Always have dealt with Rancho, Bilstein, FOA and King. Just need part numbers so I can quote it. I just done have time to research every application.

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Like us on Facebook
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #737 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 03:36 PM
MountainMan864
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Where do you enter the coupon code on the website. I registered up and everything. Thanks man. Selling my front tube fenders cause things have changed and probably going to purchase rear bumper with reciever. why dont they have shackle tabs, just wondering? EDIT: on yalls upcoming tire carrier, do you have to have yalls full corners on or will my short corner rokmens work too?
post #738 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 03:46 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainMan864 View Post
Where do you enter the coupon code on the website. I registered up and everything. Thanks man. Selling my front tube fenders cause things have changed and probably going to purchase rear bumper with reciever. why dont they have shackle tabs, just wondering?
Thenit would be a towing hitch bumper not a recovery bumper. We don't want to have it tow rated.

Upon checkout you'll see the Coupon Entry field.

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FIVE years in a row!

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #739 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
Gerald, can you get me some pics of how you guys did the anti-rock please? You make it hard to give you my money.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #740 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:00 PM
Terrain Twister
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Wade (or Gerald or Blaine), What part number are the Rancho's for the front?

Thanks,
TT

At that point where it's too much to list!
post #741 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrain Twister View Post

Thanks,
TT
You'll need to check Rancho for you application. We get the ones from Currie but they may not work for your lift.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #742 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 PM
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks,
TT
I'm using the RS999238 up front and RS999028 in back. I'm at something > 4" of lift and Blaine moved the upper mounts on mine about 2" (and we kept the BPE on the bottom up front) and I think he moved the lower mounts on the Savvy LJ. When we measured it was somewhere about 5-5.5" of uptravel on both ends if I remember correctly. Neither of these were DIRECT BOLT IN for my 4.5 RE LA Lift...

Here are the specs from Rancho:

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
post #743 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:34 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
I'm using the RS999238 up front and RS999028 in back. I'm at something > 4" of lift and Blaine moved the upper mounts on mine about 2" (and we kept the BPE on the bottom up front) and I think he moved the lower mounts on the Savvy LJ. When we measured it was somewhere about 5-5.5" of uptravel on both ends if I remember correctly. Neither of these were DIRECT BOLT IN for my 4.5 RE LA Lift...

Here are the specs from Rancho:
These are a little to tall for his rig.

Like us on Facebook

2003 TJ Project Unrolled

post #744 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:44 PM
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
These are a little to tall for his rig.
I agree... I was just quoting what I have... if Blaine hadn't done these correctly on my rig, they likely would have been too tall for mine...

Here is an spreadsheet that I created, extracted from the Rancho PDF of all of the various models, lengths and mounting types for the RS9000XL series shocks (as of April, 2010-ish, so not sure if others got added since then.)

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...zLVItQ3c&hl=en

Maybe this will help some folks find the proper application. Check the Rancho site for the description of the mounting types for your application.

Wade

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
post #745 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:50 PM
Terrain Twister
2004 LJ Wrangler 

If I'm understanding the two of correctly, Blaine has raised your front shock mount's 2" up? Your making it very hard to not sell one of the kids to finance some of Blaine's fabrication skills!

Oh, and thanks for the info!

At that point where it's too much to list!
post #746 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 10:53 PM
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
If I'm understanding the two of correctly, Blaine has raised your front shock mount's 2" up? Your making it very hard to not sell one of the kids to finance some of Blaine's fabrication skills!

Oh, and thanks for the info!
He raised my upper and I think lowered the Savvy LJ's lower mount... and yes, if your within driving distance to Blaine (I'm about 8 hours, and the drive was well worth it, and I'll likely make it again for other projects) and he'll have you over, I don't see a good reason to not have him help...It was the only way mine were going to get done "right"....

2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
post #747 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 11:43 PM
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
He raised my upper and I think lowered the Savvy LJ's lower mount... and yes, if your within driving distance to Blaine (I'm about 8 hours, and the drive was well worth it, and I'll likely make it again for other projects) and he'll have you over, I don't see a good reason to not have him help...It was the only way mine were going to get done "right"....
I want to get down there and have him look at my Jeep, only problem is the Jeep can't get down there. I need new shocks for a reason, mine are FULLY blown. I can take them off and there would be no difference in the driving. So going down there to have him look at it is basically out of the question. :

2005 Silver LJ
post #748 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 11:50 PM
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Sounds like for me, with 2" of lift, would need the Rancho RS999239 and Rancho RS999241. That's going off of Rancho's website for a stock application with that much lift. Now What's killing me is i don't know if I should go with longer, and suffer a little now, but be ready for a larger lift, or outboarding..?

Anyone care to give a little advice?

2005 Silver LJ
post #749 of 1329 Old 08-17-2010, 11:53 PM
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Dale, you can weld right? If you need shocks, you might as well outboard now while you are at it for the slight extra cost. IIRC, Blaine said he noticed that it will help that side to side shake when you pull into a parking lot. I never notice it on the last Jeep, but I do now with the Rubi.

Anyone else care to chime in?

Thanks to SuperWade2 For the 1 Year Upgrade!
Support Our Troops!

JFI Member #7:

: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ:
BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s

Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
post #750 of 1329 Old 08-18-2010, 12:09 AM
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

I've considered it. But I need to get my Jeep back together within a couple weeks. College starts in a month. I could probably build my own outbaording kit if I'm given measurements. Even get some 3/16th's plate broke into the tower. I just need details and I can probably build a set. I don't really want to spend even more on the Jeep.

2005 Silver LJ

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.