Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy LJ Test Mule

Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!Flush Mount LED Bumper Lights, CREE

Unread 07-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #691
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Excuse me for asking.

I'm sorry I won't screw it up again kind sir.
Sorry, It wasn't meant to be taken that way at all. I wanted to know as well, but I couldn't think of the right smiley.

Lemme rephrase that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Well? How did the LJ do?
x2

Unread 07-25-2010, 03:04 PM   #692
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
Actually I think that's a good question as it is untested and I want pictures!! This is the internet pictures or it didn't happen
Not allowed.

Unread 07-25-2010, 03:39 PM   #693
mJUSTINm
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Sorry, It wasn't meant to be taken that way at all. I wanted to know as well, but I couldn't think of the right smiley.

Lemme rephrase that.

x2

It's all good buddy. Just had a "WTF" moment.
Unread 07-25-2010, 08:09 PM   #694
biffgnar
Web Wheeler

2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
I just got home from the Rubicon and checked to see where your Under Armor Kit was. It is still here! At least it is all packaged up. I'm terribly sorry and it will go out UPS tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks,

Gerald
Thanks for the update Gerald. Feel free to throw in something extra to compensate for the delay. Hope to have installed for NOVA Trailfest in few weeks.
Unread 07-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #695
MQ79
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Hey Justin,

I should have your rockers next week. I don't beleive we gained any lift by reloacting the stock perches. More to straighten out the rear coils so they don't have the funny arch in them.

Blaine also did something very simliar to the front coil buckets. You can't even see it and I didn't notice till he pointed it out to me.

I hear a surprise is coming! Can't wait!
Blaine, I'm curious, what did you do to modify the front coil buckets?
MQ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 12:06 AM   #696
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ79 View Post
Blaine, I'm curious, what did you do to modify the front coil buckets?
The bumpstop posts tend to angle forward and because we don't run hubs very often any more, when you get the pinion angle dialed in, the springs rub on the upper bumpstop.

We made a small slice on the backside and pointed them straight down so they land better on the lower bumpstop and don't rub on the springs.
Unread 07-26-2010, 12:42 AM   #697
MQ79
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The bumpstop posts tend to angle forward and because we don't run hubs very often any more, when you get the pinion angle dialed in, the springs rub on the upper bumpstop.

We made a small slice on the backside and pointed them straight down so they land better on the lower bumpstop and don't rub on the springs.
Thanks, that's a good idea. I think I'll give that a try on mine.
MQ79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:56 AM   #698
NotURMailman
2005 TJ Wrangler 

How about the rear upper shock mounts? Did you make them from scratch? Or are they a replacement part for some other vehicle?

After I get all of my Savvy gear on I'm going to tackle the suspension re-work. I'm going to bring my wheelbase back in where my bumpstops will hit correctly (will likely do what you just described in the front), swap out the 6" springs for 4" spring (don't need the 6"ers with the BL), and adjust the shock mounts so that the shocks can work properly. I'd like to outboard the rear shocks when I do all of this.

So, all of that typing was just to ask where the rear upper shock mounts came from and if you could throw up some more pictures and maybe some of the lowers too (and smoe info on those as well)? Thanks!

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:46 PM   #699
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
How about the rear upper shock mounts? Did you make them from scratch? Or are they a replacement part for some other vehicle?

After I get all of my Savvy gear on I'm going to tackle the suspension re-work. I'm going to bring my wheelbase back in where my bumpstops will hit correctly (will likely do what you just described in the front), swap out the 6" springs for 4" spring (don't need the 6"ers with the BL), and adjust the shock mounts so that the shocks can work properly. I'd like to outboard the rear shocks when I do all of this.

So, all of that typing was just to ask where the rear upper shock mounts came from and if you could throw up some more pictures and maybe some of the lowers too (and smoe info on those as well)? Thanks!
If he did like on mine, they carefully cut off the stock mounts, move them to the desired location, tack em up, cycle the axle to test everything and weld em up. I didn't look close at the LJ's pic, but I assume he did the same with Gerald's.

Blaine, sorry we didn't make it over your way today...we got a late start and I wasn't looking forward to another 10 hours in the car with 5 year olds yelling the whole time.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM   #700
jeepwrangler97
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I've been meaning to post pics of my Gas tank skid, it gives me way more clearance , I was going to post them this weekend, but had to replace the evap and heater core.
jeepwrangler97 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:05 PM   #701
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
If he did like on mine, they carefully cut off the stock mounts, move them to the desired location, tack em up, cycle the axle to test everything and weld em up. I didn't look close at the LJ's pic, but I assume he did the same with Gerald's.
Hey Blaine, is this something, along with outboarding the rear shock something that would do any good on a Jeep with 2" of lift? At the immediate time I wouldn't think so because there isn't enough lift to cause things to arch too much, and then shock I have no clue. But when I get around to doing a Currie 4" SA lift it seems like it would be nice to have all of this already done.
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #702
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Hey Blaine, is this something, along with outboarding the rear shock something that would do any good on a Jeep with 2" of lift? At the immediate time I wouldn't think so because there isn't enough lift to cause things to arch too much, and then shock I have no clue. But when I get around to doing a Currie 4" SA lift it seems like it would be nice to have all of this already done.
On Robert's rig we are currently tuning up, I outboarded his rear shocks many years ago and he changed both lift height and shocks. I will be relocating his rear spring perches AND removing the Ford shock towers in favor of the Poly kit.

My best advice is to leave it alone until you get where you're going.
Unread 07-26-2010, 10:58 PM   #703
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
On Robert's rig we are currently tuning up, I outboarded his rear shocks many years ago and he changed both lift height and shocks. I will be relocating his rear spring perches AND removing the Ford shock towers in favor of the Poly kit.

My best advice is to leave it alone until you get where you're going.
So one day when I get to it, do it all at the same time. Thanks.
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:20 PM   #704
Savvy
Vendor

2014 JK Wrangler 

The Rubicon was such a joy! It is really fun in a Jeep that rides like this!

Currie, Savvy and Metalcloak did the trail togther

Never hit the Under Armor but hit the gas tank skid plenty

Since I blew up my son's Jeep he gets this one until I fix his. I may never get it back!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-26-2010, 11:25 PM   #705
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Lucky! I would never give it back! I wish I could drive it out on a trail. I'd be happy with that.

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.