Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 47 - JeepForum.com
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #691 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 02:04 PM
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Excuse me for asking.

I'm sorry I won't screw it up again kind sir.
Sorry, It wasn't meant to be taken that way at all. I wanted to know as well, but I couldn't think of the right smiley.

Lemme rephrase that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mJUSTINm View Post
Well? How did the LJ do?
x2




2005 Silver LJ
DaleII is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #692 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 02:04 PM
mJUSTINm
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: lakewood, ca
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
Actually I think that's a good question as it is untested and I want pictures!! This is the internet pictures or it didn't happen
Not allowed.


-Justin | Bruised LJ Build
mJUSTINm is offline  
post #693 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 02:39 PM
mJUSTINm
Registered User
2006 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: lakewood, ca
Posts: 2,267
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Sorry, It wasn't meant to be taken that way at all. I wanted to know as well, but I couldn't think of the right smiley.

Lemme rephrase that.



x2

It's all good buddy. Just had a "WTF" moment.

-Justin | Bruised LJ Build
mJUSTINm is offline  
post #694 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 07:09 PM
biffgnar
Moderator
 
biffgnar's Avatar
2006 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Westchester, NY
Posts: 18,757
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
I just got home from the Rubicon and checked to see where your Under Armor Kit was. It is still here! At least it is all packaged up. I'm terribly sorry and it will go out UPS tomorrow.

Sorry for the delay!

Thanks,

Gerald
Thanks for the update Gerald. Feel free to throw in something extra to compensate for the delay. Hope to have installed for NOVA Trailfest in few weeks.

Dakar Style Rally Raid in North America: www.sonorarally.com
biffgnar is offline  
post #695 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 10:54 PM
MQ79
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver,CO
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Hey Justin,

I should have your rockers next week. I don't beleive we gained any lift by reloacting the stock perches. More to straighten out the rear coils so they don't have the funny arch in them.

Blaine also did something very simliar to the front coil buckets. You can't even see it and I didn't notice till he pointed it out to me.

I hear a surprise is coming! Can't wait!
Blaine, I'm curious, what did you do to modify the front coil buckets?
MQ79 is offline  
post #696 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 11:06 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by MQ79 View Post
Blaine, I'm curious, what did you do to modify the front coil buckets?
The bumpstop posts tend to angle forward and because we don't run hubs very often any more, when you get the pinion angle dialed in, the springs rub on the upper bumpstop.

We made a small slice on the backside and pointed them straight down so they land better on the lower bumpstop and don't rub on the springs.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
mrblaine is offline  
post #697 of 1329 Old 07-25-2010, 11:42 PM
MQ79
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Denver,CO
Posts: 429
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
The bumpstop posts tend to angle forward and because we don't run hubs very often any more, when you get the pinion angle dialed in, the springs rub on the upper bumpstop.

We made a small slice on the backside and pointed them straight down so they land better on the lower bumpstop and don't rub on the springs.
Thanks, that's a good idea. I think I'll give that a try on mine.
MQ79 is offline  
post #698 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 09:56 AM
NotURMailman
Web Wheeler
 
NotURMailman's Avatar
2005 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: 'Round Here
Posts: 6,801
How about the rear upper shock mounts? Did you make them from scratch? Or are they a replacement part for some other vehicle?

After I get all of my Savvy gear on I'm going to tackle the suspension re-work. I'm going to bring my wheelbase back in where my bumpstops will hit correctly (will likely do what you just described in the front), swap out the 6" springs for 4" spring (don't need the 6"ers with the BL), and adjust the shock mounts so that the shocks can work properly. I'd like to outboard the rear shocks when I do all of this.

So, all of that typing was just to ask where the rear upper shock mounts came from and if you could throw up some more pictures and maybe some of the lowers too (and smoe info on those as well)? Thanks!

My RHD TJ - Savvy equipped... And loving it! - Durty Rok Carolina Offroad

I drive on the right side, what's wrong with you?

Quote:
Be very careful with the wife mod. Uninstallation can be extremely expensive. Wife mods have been known to take the Jeep and all other mods during the uninstall process. Also, make sure you service your wife mod properly as often as humanly possible. Wife mods not properly serviced may malfunction or uninstall themselves at any time.
NotURMailman is offline  
post #699 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 08:46 PM
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains
 
SuperWade2's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Scotts Valley, CA
Posts: 3,984
Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
How about the rear upper shock mounts? Did you make them from scratch? Or are they a replacement part for some other vehicle?

After I get all of my Savvy gear on I'm going to tackle the suspension re-work. I'm going to bring my wheelbase back in where my bumpstops will hit correctly (will likely do what you just described in the front), swap out the 6" springs for 4" spring (don't need the 6"ers with the BL), and adjust the shock mounts so that the shocks can work properly. I'd like to outboard the rear shocks when I do all of this.

So, all of that typing was just to ask where the rear upper shock mounts came from and if you could throw up some more pictures and maybe some of the lowers too (and smoe info on those as well)? Thanks!
If he did like on mine, they carefully cut off the stock mounts, move them to the desired location, tack em up, cycle the axle to test everything and weld em up. I didn't look close at the LJ's pic, but I assume he did the same with Gerald's.




Blaine, sorry we didn't make it over your way today...we got a late start and I wasn't looking forward to another 10 hours in the car with 5 year olds yelling the whole time.
SuperWade2 is offline  
post #700 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 08:58 PM
jeepwrangler97
Registered User
1997 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: FL
Posts: 3,735
I've been meaning to post pics of my Gas tank skid, it gives me way more clearance , I was going to post them this weekend, but had to replace the evap and heater core.
jeepwrangler97 is offline  
post #701 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 09:05 PM
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
If he did like on mine, they carefully cut off the stock mounts, move them to the desired location, tack em up, cycle the axle to test everything and weld em up. I didn't look close at the LJ's pic, but I assume he did the same with Gerald's.
Hey Blaine, is this something, along with outboarding the rear shock something that would do any good on a Jeep with 2" of lift? At the immediate time I wouldn't think so because there isn't enough lift to cause things to arch too much, and then shock I have no clue. But when I get around to doing a Currie 4" SA lift it seems like it would be nice to have all of this already done.

2005 Silver LJ
DaleII is offline  
post #702 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 09:42 PM
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes
 
mrblaine's Avatar
1999 TJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Quail Valley
Posts: 29,242
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaleII View Post
Hey Blaine, is this something, along with outboarding the rear shock something that would do any good on a Jeep with 2" of lift? At the immediate time I wouldn't think so because there isn't enough lift to cause things to arch too much, and then shock I have no clue. But when I get around to doing a Currie 4" SA lift it seems like it would be nice to have all of this already done.
On Robert's rig we are currently tuning up, I outboarded his rear shocks many years ago and he changed both lift height and shocks. I will be relocating his rear spring perches AND removing the Ford shock towers in favor of the Poly kit.

My best advice is to leave it alone until you get where you're going.

I am Savvy
blackmagicbrakes.com
Knowledge does not equal understanding.
mrblaine is offline  
post #703 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 09:58 PM
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
On Robert's rig we are currently tuning up, I outboarded his rear shocks many years ago and he changed both lift height and shocks. I will be relocating his rear spring perches AND removing the Ford shock towers in favor of the Poly kit.

My best advice is to leave it alone until you get where you're going.
So one day when I get to it, do it all at the same time. Thanks.

2005 Silver LJ
DaleII is offline  
post #704 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 10:20 PM Thread Starter
Savvy
Vendor
 
Savvy's Avatar
2014 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tustin, CA - Orange County
Posts: 6,987
The Rubicon was such a joy! It is really fun in a Jeep that rides like this!

Currie, Savvy and Metalcloak did the trail togther


Never hit the Under Armor but hit the gas tank skid plenty



Since I blew up my son's Jeep he gets this one until I fix his. I may never get it back!

SAVVY OFF ROAD - Overall Winner of the King of the Hammers Everyman Challenge FOUR years in a row!

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Unlimited Black Hole - The Ultimate LJ

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

Five years in a row! KOH Mod Killer Build

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline  
post #705 of 1329 Old 07-26-2010, 10:25 PM
DaleII
Registered User
2005 LJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Riverside/Apple Valley
Posts: 1,503
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savvy View Post
Lucky! I would never give it back! I wish I could drive it out on a trail. I'd be happy with that.

2005 Silver LJ
DaleII is offline  
Reply

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Jeep Forums Replies Last Post
For the Savvy amongst us mrblaine TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 2765 04-24-2015 05:56 PM
Savvy at KOH!! DevilDogDoc Wrangler General Discussion 11 02-13-2010 01:40 PM
Savvy Bumper ksm279 TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 4 02-12-2010 10:15 AM
I'm feeling pretty savvy carsonvogt TJ Wrangler Technical Forum 5 07-25-2009 03:33 PM
YJ buckin like a Mule & my saddle dont fit...HELP! Coolhand1 YJ Wrangler Technical Forum 10 05-05-2007 01:52 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome