Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 14 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy LJ Test Mule

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRough Country Jeep Suspension Deals at Rockridge 4WD!

Unread 02-17-2010, 07:27 PM   #196
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bennettj13 View Post
I'd be interested in seeing a JK to TJ steering set up as well. Something with a straight tie rod.
keep an eye on me. but i'll be using heim joints

Unread 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #197
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Never Monday, is there a difference between the d30 and d44 steering on the JK axles?
JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:29 PM   #198
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
$$$$$$$

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:35 PM   #199
never monday
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Never Monday, is there a difference between the d30 and d44 steering on the JK axles?
the knuckles are the same. issues will arise in getting the tie rod past the diff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
$$$$$$$
your google shopping foo is weak. under $20.00 for the joint and spacers
Unread 02-17-2010, 07:43 PM   #200
Bennettj13
Web Wheeler

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by never monday View Post
I ended up having to use the ORO steering since I was pinched for time. I don't mind it, and it works so far, but if a better/stronger solution pops up out there, I'd be happy to sell it and upgrade.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f33/?uid=152304

Rear Currie 4" coils - 190 shipped. (They've been sitting in the back of my Jeep for mock up but won't work out for me.)

Hornblasters Shocker S4 horn set with some extras $210 shipped. (It is not OBA, just an accessory for OBA)

"LCOG" isn't cheap and it certainly isn't easy. If you think so, you are doing it wrong. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, don't label your build "LCOG". You are just a cheap ******bag.

IndyORV- Dick and fart jokes, titties, throttle, flops, beer, tater balls, and good times.
Bennettj13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 08:30 PM   #201
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

I was going to do a custom setup on my JK axle but I went the easy route and just used the Currie HD steering. The JK knuckles were sleeved to accept the TJ tie rod and drag link. I have good clearance but I had to add 3 washers to the JK steering stops. The Currie setup is not very custom but it is a proven steering setup and my track bar and drag link is almost 100% parallel. The only problem is the JK axle must be at stock TJ width to be able to use the Currie setup as a bolt on solution.

I would have loved to use the Reid knuckles with a cross over tie rod and separate drag link but I did not want to move my track bar mount.
img_3428.jpg  

Last edited by gcally; 02-17-2010 at 08:47 PM..
gcally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:01 PM   #202
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckrider View Post
Essentially it comes down to tube fenders doing more harm than good. They have said before that they do more hard than good when they take a hard hit, they mess stuff up.

This is what Blaine and or Gerald have said before.
If you keep talking for Gerald and Blaine im going to e-slap you.

It depends on where you wheel, and how you wheel. Blaine has tube fenders from what ive read.

The only time they mess the tub up is when you hit stuff with them(so dont hit stuff). I think the original intended use of tube fenders was to tie into the cage and front stinger or hoop. If it was dont that way you would have to deform your entire roll cage before it hurt the tub. Since people liked the look they put tube fenders on with no additional bracing to keep the tub from taking the impact. I Dont know if there is a way to brace a tube fender well enough to not deform the tub without it attaching to the roll cage and front hoop.

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:17 PM   #203
Jay12
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Rudy said it best earlier when he said to take 10 steps back and get off their nuts. I guess he figures if he keeps them in his mouth long enough he will get free stuff which I doubt will happen. But seriously I can't even read Savvy threads anymore because they're cluttered with garbage posted by him. And it's every other post too.
Jay12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:25 PM   #204
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpster View Post
Let it go. It happens to me all the time and by many more than him. It's harmless and you're letting it get to you.

Quote:
It depends on where you wheel, and how you wheel. Blaine has tube fenders from what ive read.
I have tube fenders, Gerald has tube fenders and we both have messed up tubs from them. Mine from leaning them against stuff, Gerald's from pushing into something and whatever it was, barely scratched the tube and collapsed the tub in a bad way.

Quote:
The only time they mess the tub up is when you hit stuff with them(so dont hit stuff). I think the original intended use of tube fenders was to tie into the cage and front stinger or hoop. If it was dont that way you would have to deform your entire roll cage before it hurt the tub. Since people liked the look they put tube fenders on with no additional bracing to keep the tub from taking the impact. I Dont know if there is a way to brace a tube fender well enough to not deform the tub without it attaching to the roll cage and front hoop.
I just have one question- How do you tie the hoop into the fender with isolation? Or, did you plan on mounting the tub solid to the frame? Alright, that was two questions.
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #205
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay12 View Post
. And it's every other post too.
Hopefully your job doesn't require you to be able to count well. There's at least one stretch of 8 posts in this thread where he didn't post.
Unread 02-17-2010, 09:31 PM   #206
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Let it go. It happens to me all the time and by many more than him. It's harmless and you're letting it get to you.

I have tube fenders, Gerald has tube fenders and we both have messed up tubs from them. Mine from leaning them against stuff, Gerald's from pushing into something and whatever it was, barely scratched the tube and collapsed the tub in a bad way.

I just have one question- How do you tie the hoop into the fender with isolation? Or, did you plan on mounting the tub solid to the frame? Alright, that was two questions.
So, while not trying to "talk for you" or put words in your mouth, would you say that the odds of there being Savvy Aluminum Tube Fenders on the design/production schedule are pretty slim?

I'm just trying to plan my future purchases... I don't care for the aesthetics of the new plastic flattie style that Jerry was sporting, I like the Metal Cloak concept, but not excited about cutting my Rockers like RubiconRazorback (assuming I replace with Savvy eventually) and don't know enough about TnT, Genright, or Poison Spider, Rokmen or ??? to make an educated decision
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:30 PM   #207
southtxdstroyer
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
Here are some more pictures.

that is a badass LJ
i would prefer the armor and bumpers to be painted but it is sickening nonetheless

i also like the original LJ soft top windows more than the ones i have
Such is the rule of honor.
open your eyes www.infowars.com
southtxdstroyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 10:37 PM   #208
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtxdstroyer View Post

I have to get a whole new top. The one I have is on its last leg.

I've given up on reading everyhting in the threads with all the chit chat going on.. Luckrider has been active lately, maybe too active.. It's even made me back off..
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:00 PM   #209
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by southtxdstroyer View Post

that is a badass LJ
i would prefer the armor and bumpers to be painted but it is sickening nonetheless

I too like the panels painted but when we do that they don't show very well. In fact, people don't even realize that all of our product is on a Jeep. Check out my 04 build and you'll see what I mean. The corners and rocker bases were either anodized or powder coated. It looks great but to the average person it looks like a stock Jeep.

What windows do you have?

Gerald

Email me for the fastest response: gman@savvyoffroad.com

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:04 PM   #210
DaleII
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post
What windows do you have?

Gerald
I would guess the ones that have the diagonal bars across the back corner of them.

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.