Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 12 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy LJ Test Mule

Jeep Gear & Install Packages!Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955

Unread 02-17-2010, 12:39 PM   #166
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
lmao so It works just not when you off road it? Awesome!! BUT the good news is at least it's available and it's another excuse for on board Air.
At $600 it is not worth it. The rumor is that savvy has one in the works that is going to cost far less that the ORO kit. I think a lot of jeeps that are daily drivers would benefit from a dual rate sway bar. The only problem is most people including me will not shell out $600 for a sway bar.

gcally is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:44 PM   #167
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I agree mine is a DD I'm considering just removing the rear sway but I don't know how adverse an impact that will have on the road manners or how much benefit I'll get in articulation...would be nice

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:52 PM   #168
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Anti Rock yes but it's not a true disconnect and depending on how you want the road manners... Not a CURE all. I'm not saying this is a priority to me I just think a simple cheap product would sell well. PS for Imped I had not investigated the swayloc manual disconnects before so that was enlightening. But your right at 700 dollars that's not something i'll be getting either.

To make the question even easier... What suspension parts list is on that LJ!!! and how well do those coils twist? That looks like a pretty Heavy Duty coil is that what comes in your 4" kit? And are you running any sway bar in the rear?
Its not suppose to be a true disconnect the point of having the anti rock is to provide stiffness when climbing rocks and being off chamber, you want the feedback the torsion bar in the cross member provides.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:40 PM   #169
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I agree mine is a DD I'm considering just removing the rear sway but I don't know how adverse an impact that will have on the road manners or how much benefit I'll get in articulation...would be nice
Why do you think removing the rear bar will have any benefit?
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:43 PM   #170
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Why in the world would you not want a rear sway bar? You have coil springs--rear sway bars are good. Remove it--you won't like it.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:47 PM   #171
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotURMailman View Post
Seriously?!...
I put it in the form of an answer on jeopardy. hence the "Alex" for the host of the show.

i know its not the same, but my geo metro doesnt have a rear sway bar, it rusted off. It doesnt corner good at all anymore(not that it did great before). I wouldnt consider taking my rear sway bar off, i would however consider getting a Currie antirock for the rear (of the jeep).

Want to STOP?

Edited
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 01:55 PM   #172
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

am I wrong in thinking the rear sway bar limits articulation of the rear axle?

Unread 02-17-2010, 01:59 PM   #173
mrblaine
Wizard of Brakes

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
am I wrong in thinking the rear sway bar limits articulation of the rear axle?
Instead of making assumptions, why don't you put the frame on jackstands and remove both tires. Then lower the axle to whatever limits the droop be it trackbar bind, shocks, or swaybar links pulling straight. Then start disconnecting what ever is limiting droop until you find your answer.

I think you'll be surprised to find that the rear bar limits just about nothing except body roll.
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #174
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

its a pretty thin swaybar, i dont see how it could limit it much. But keep in mind there is a difference in too much flex and usable flex.

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:00 PM   #175
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperWade2 View Post
Whats the difference between the CE-9120TJJ and the CE-9120TJS... are these both the "Currie" ones, or the re-badged "JKS" ones?
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:02 PM   #176
lumpster
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

track bar limits droop in the rear and if it doesnt then the control arms. at least it does with factory trackbar and arms.

Want to STOP?

Edited
Unread 02-17-2010, 02:23 PM   #177
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I was more thinking if I put 1 wheel on a forklift what will limit the other wheel staying on the ground the most.. drop is great but how often are both wheels drooping? (usually your really bum outta luck when both back tires are dropped all the way out)

But thanks for the information hopefully I'll never be too smart to learn something.

soo....the parts list for that suspension?

Unread 02-17-2010, 02:56 PM   #178
Mopar Fan

Quote:
Whats the difference between the CE-9120TJJ and the CE-9120TJS... are these both the "Currie" ones, or the rebadged "JKS" ones?
The CE-9120TJJ comes with a 7/16" housing bolt. The CE-9120TJS retains the stock trackbar housing bolt.
Unread 02-17-2010, 03:10 PM   #179
SuperWade2
More Money than Brains

1999 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar Fan View Post
The CE-9120TJJ comes with a 7/16" housing bolt. The CE-9120TJS retains the stock trackbar housing bolt.
Thanks... since I don't have a stock trackbar, I'm assuming I don't have a stock trackbar bolt.
2014 WK2 Overland 5.7L
SuperWade2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2010, 03:18 PM   #180
Mopar Fan

Quote:
Thanks... since I don't have a stock trackbar, I'm assuming I don't have a stock trackbar bolt.
You have the RE1600, correct? If so this retains the stock trackbar bolt at the housing, just like the CE-9120TJS.

The CE-9120TJJ requires drilling to accommodate the 7/16" bolt.

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.