Savvy LJ Test Mule - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > TJ Wrangler Technical Forum > Savvy LJ Test Mule

Official Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!1999-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Headlight Pair

Unread 02-17-2010, 10:56 AM   #151
LuckRider
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocTJ View Post
I like both that explains a little bit about the Bluing. What he is doing with that Knife I think would look just plain badass on a murdered out TJ on the Control ARMS or bumpers accents nothing big like a grill... Luckrider did you make that knife yourself? Spyder has it right but i was actually.. Think 1910 Colt 44 mag single shot revolver black/blue it's almost a mix of those 2 pieces BUT apparently not possible.

I should draw up my idea for a tire carrier storage and can holder... If doable (although it would cost north of a grand probably) would just be BAD ***!!! Think Iron Cross meets WWII utility!!
I found that when looking for a cool example. I have seen that as blue steel before irl, and it is sweet.

JFI Member #7: Helping out the Scammed
2004 Rubi: Ready to Kill the Chrome!
Totaled and Gone: Mostly Stock 2005 I6 Patriot Blue TJ: Monstaliner (Write-Up) BESRK Rear Bumper, Hella 500s
Do the Jeep Wave :D 0|||||||0 Take 95% of what I say as a joke/sarcasm!-Thomas
LuckRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:01 AM   #152
Savvy
Vendor
2014 JK Wrangler 

Here are some more pictures.

Like us on Facebook FACEBOOK.COM/SAVVYOFFROAD

The ONLY place to get Savvy/Currie Lifts and parts! The best price and support!

Now with Lifetime Guarantee Lifetime Guarantee - See Here

http://www.savvyoffroad.com

Savvy Spartan 2004 LJ

2014 JKU Test Mule

2006 LJ Unlimited Black Hole

2005 LJ Test Mule

2003 TJ Project Unrolled
2003 TJ Project Click Here
Savvy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:13 AM   #153
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

That is solid

Ok, so that is the 4 inch lift off your site, The rails back quarters and front bumper? Short of I would run 33's rather than 35's for more stuff actually I want to run 34 10.50 TSL's because they are just EYE grabbing (and they grab other stuff well too)

Black chrome the grill (or deep gunmetal it)

why is everything SO DAMN OVER PRICED!!

when you don't have money......

2002 Apex Jeep TJ Lifted, Locked, geared and ready for more
ocTJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:36 AM   #154
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by provelogear View Post

Side picture as i requested, thank you Gerald.

But the one down here is perfect
savvy-lj.jpg  
Blaine asked me before we left camp if I'd ever been wheeling before, I said "sure, of course I have"... about 50 feet onto the trail, he said "Wade, you f'in lied to me, you've never been WHEELING before"... I think he was right! :rofl:

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts, poolball shifters, tierod flip kits

My Goodyear tire experience
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:47 AM   #155
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Forget this armor and get working on that savvy sway bar!
gcally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:55 AM   #156
lumpster
2013 JK Wrangler 

we want this first, flat transfercase skid.
flat-skid.jpg  
Blaine asked me before we left camp if I'd ever been wheeling before, I said "sure, of course I have"... about 50 feet onto the trail, he said "Wade, you f'in lied to me, you've never been WHEELING before"... I think he was right! :rofl:

Want to STOP?

JEEP Co-op parts, DELRIN DOOR BUSHINGS, TRE inserts, poolball shifters, tierod flip kits

My Goodyear tire experience
lumpster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 11:58 AM   #157
06WranglerX
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

That is just beautiful, i cant wait to order those corners and rails.

People need to be a little more trusting, Its not like we are on a convict and rapist forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrblaine View Post
Upon further reflection I've decided I've had enough of this BS and you are now on my ignore list.

06 Red Wrangler X 6 speed hard top
Ford 8.8 Detroit locked, 4 inches of lift, 33 inch BFG KM2's and some other stuff.
06WranglerX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM   #158
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I'd be more interested in Savvy Hi lift hood mount (lighter weight would be nice and easy to make) and Rear bumper with tire carrier!

The Sway bar and Anti Rock industry needs to own up and make an electronic disconnect option for aftermarket purposes.. It really wouldn't be incredibly difficult.

bump for feedback on the parts list again

Unread 02-17-2010, 12:11 PM   #159
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
The Sway bar and Anti Rock industry needs to own up and make an electronic disconnect option for aftermarket purposes.. It really wouldn't be incredibly difficult.
Why? Do you want power door locks and windows too?
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:18 PM   #160
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Reconnecting under a muddy jeep isn't as fun as clicking a switch? Even a manual disconnect which mechanically I think would be fairly simple placed in the center of the sway bar.. In my opinion for people that have a harder time bending over or getting underneath a jeep to connect and disconnect would market well.

PS it's already available to install power door locks and windows

Unread 02-17-2010, 12:21 PM   #161
Unlimited04
Read tech links in my sig

2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Reconnecting under a muddy jeep isn't as fun as clicking a switch? Even a manual disconnect which mechanically I think would be fairly simple placed in the center of the sway bar.. In my opinion for people that have a harder time bending over or getting underneath a jeep to connect and disconnect would market well.

ORO SwayLok sells an air actuated front sway bar system. Flip of a switch and you can disco. Check it.

Welcome to Off Road Only!

Oh, btw, it doesn't work well in mud....gets clogged.
Unlimited04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:23 PM   #162
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

lmao so It works just not when you off road it? Awesome!! BUT the good news is at least it's available and it's another excuse for on board Air.

Unread 02-17-2010, 12:24 PM   #163
Imped
Web Wheeler

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

You do realize that you don't have to get under the jeep to disconnect the AR or Swayloc right? And yes, I know they're available--won't be buying those products.
Imped is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #164
gcally
2004 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
I plan to put a set of JK axles under it. The front will have the Reid Racing knuckles.
Any update on the axles. Are you going to keep it JK width or make it TJ width. I am guessing that you are going to go custom steering and ditch the Currie HD steering system?

Quote:
Blaine will make brakes similar to LarryN's since we are putting on the Reid Racing Outers.
I am very interested in this…
Do you and Blaine have something in the works for upgrading the JK brakes? I currently have a JK axle under my LJ and would like to have some better braking options. The Reid knuckles and stock knuckles have the same caliper mounts.

I know there are other retailers that sell a kit that used full size Dodge Ram calipers and rotors but I don’t know how much of an improvement they are over stock JK brakes.
gcally is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2010, 12:32 PM   #165
ocTJ
2002 TJ Wrangler 

The Anti Rock yes but it's not a true disconnect and depending on how you want the road manners... Not a CURE all. I'm not saying this is a priority to me I just think a simple cheap product would sell well. PS for Imped I had not investigated the swayloc manual disconnects before so that was enlightening. But your right at 700 dollars that's not something i'll be getting either.

To make the question even easier... What suspension parts list is on that LJ!!! and how well do those coils twist? That looks like a pretty Heavy Duty coil is that what comes in your 4" kit? And are you running any sway bar in the rear?

Tags
savvy , savvy lj , savvy test mule , savvy unlimited

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.